Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
kimjomom

What is Mastercook???

HELP??? What exactly is Mastercook???

:wave: TLC:wave:

"Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."

Starting date: 8-15-05

SW: 197.4

10% target: 19

CW: 181.0

"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."

www.picturetrail.com/kimjomom

That looks neat...is it worth it????

:wave: TLC:wave:

"Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."

Starting date: 8-15-05

SW: 197.4

10% target: 19

CW: 181.0

"You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."

www.picturetrail.com/kimjomom

Mostly definitely! It allows you to import/export recipes, add your own recipes and gives you nutritional values from which you can accurately calculate points!

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest Blue_Butterfly

I've seen so many posts about this and am interested in finding out more. I noticed there are alot of different versions of this software. Which one is newest or best?

I believe the latest version is 9.0 as seen here - http://www.valusoft.com/products/mastercook.html

As for one being better than another... I don't think it matters. I have a 6.2 or something version and it's great too!

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I have version 7.0 and just joined the MasterCook yahoo group today. Several members of this group went to lots of work to convert older WW recipes to show the points. After joining the group, I very easily downloaded the WW cookbooks into my local MasterCook -- my collections folder. If you are interested there are instructions and a link to the yahoo group in the MasterCook Section of BCB.

:cool: What a great idea and thanks to all those who did the work! Recently a Holiday cookbook was added to this collection and there are wonderful WW recipes there.

MasterCook is definitely worth the purchase price! Good Luck!

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

Guest mp3ray

can this software let you list ingrediants and then it will search recipes and tell you what you can make?

I have mastercook 7 or 8 I forget. Yes it does. The great thing is using old recipes and finding out how many points they have. Or you can make substitutions to see how it changes the point value. Love it!!! Found mine at Big Lots.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!