Health Discovery Network
WWCarol

Raw Vegetable Soup From VitaMix (with variations)

4 cups water, steaming

1 med. carrot, cut in 1 inch pieces

1 rib celery, with leaves

2 or 3 scallions (or green onion, or onion)

2 bouillion cubes (or 1 large Knorr cube, beef/chicken/or vegetable)

3 TBS. tomato paste

Salt, Pepper, or other seasonings to taste

Optional: I ALWAYS throw in a Laughing Cow cheese for flavor (count the WAPs)

Place all ingredients in the Vita-Mix container in the order listed. Secure lid. Select Variable Speed #1. Turn machine ON and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run machine for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 cups.

Calories: 29, Fat .4, Fiber 1.4

Do not "stress" about the size of pieces of the veggies...Believe me, the VM GRINDS them to smithereens! Enjoy!! Try your favorite blends of veggies. Experiment!

Variation: CHUNKY SOUP- At the end of the process, I throw in pieces of zucchini and grind it on #3-4 for a teeny bit. That way I get some "chunky bits" in my soup, that are suspended evenly throughout the soup! :D

Variation: SHREDDED CHICKEN- I threw in some diced poached chicken after I'd added some zucchini and "pulsed" it a few times. Voila! Beautifully shredded chicken that was suspended throughout the soup~

Variation: TACO SOUP - At the end, throw in some: black beans, corn, cooked chicken and a few taco chips (count the WAPs). This is what the demonstrators are doing at the fairs~ Taco Soup from Raw Vegetable Soup~

Also, you can top this with shredded FF parmesean or other FF cheeses. Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest jmjgtodd

I love making soup with my vitamix. When vegies started getting a little past prime to eat raw or steamed, I throw them in the freezer. Then when I make vitamix soup, I just throw the frozen vegies in! so many options!

I need to drag the ol' VM out. I only use it during the winter because the blender makes better frozen drinks, imho. Lol, the VM is too efficient. I like some fine ice and haven't been able to get the correct consistency with the VM.

I love VitaMix soups. My Aunt bought one about 35 yrs ago and I think it's still working. Her's has a spout on it.

Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily 16_2_104.gif