1 cup natural applesauce

1 tsp vanilla

¼ cup sucanat (sugar)

5 packets Splenda

2 packets Stevia Plus (optional)

3 eggs

½ cup warm water

1 (10-oz) bag frozen raspberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9” x 13” pan with mist of oil of choice.

Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.

In a food processor or blender, combine the wet ingredients (minus the berries) and blend until smooth.

Add the raspberries to the dry ingredients and combine so that the dry stick to the raspberries to keep them from sinking when baked.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine quickly.

Pour the creamy oat mixture into the prepared pan and place in the hot oven. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Test the center with a toothpick or clean knife. Allow cake to cool, and then slice into 12 equal pieces. Perfect for breakfast or dessert; slices also freezes well.

Due to the sucanat (sugar), three pieces would equal 1 WPA, a nice "insurance" if one would want to eat the whole pan. :D

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

I know you like the Blueberry Baked Oatmeal :D ...How do you like this one?

Have you tried the Chocolate (Banana) Snack Cake? How does it compare with this recipe?

Questions~ Questions! :) :bcbsalute

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Well, that's a nice first step... ;)

I'm waiting for taste! :p :D LOL!

Eating a slice right now and it's fabulous! Really good. :D

The chocolate is a nice taste but not super-chocolate-y; it's similar to Cheryl's snack cake recipe. The raspberries are sweet and tangy. It's got a sweet taste but not a super-sweet taste.

What I really like about it is being able to put my fork down. With chocolate baked goods, I tend to become a Hoover but this is too dense and filling to eat the old way.

Two thumbs up for me and I will definitely make it again.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

What I really like about it is being able to put my fork down. With chocolate baked goods, I tend to become a Hoover but this is too dense and filling to eat the old way.

That's important for me, too, Paris. :) :bcbsalute

It's a fine line. Wanting something to be delicious. And yet, not a red-light or trigger food~ :bcbsalute

Paris, I just noticed this recipe and it sounds really good. However, what is in cake spice? What is Penzey? (I may be too late with this since the first post was on the 16th.) Thanks

Shari

Guest claudettehh

I made this yesterday and it was really good. It isn't too chocolate-ty which is good..I had a slice for breakfast this morning with tea and it was great. I did use buttermilk instead of the ricotta since that's what I had, and it worked fine. Thanks Paris!

Guest Slim4Ever

I made this over the weekend and omitted the cake spice since I didn't know what it was. I also used Splenda (1/4 cup of the fluffy stuff) for baking for the Sucanat and used the 5 packets of Splenda. It was just as Paris Madeline described, not too sweet or to chocolately but terribly divine for a CORE recipe.:)

Thanks Paris!

Paris, I just noticed this recipe and it sounds really good. However, what is in cake spice? What is Penzey? (I may be too late with this since the first post was on the 16th.) Thanks

Shari

The answer to your question...(I had to look it up too):

Cake Spice

Sweet, fragrant and spicy. For spice or coffee cake, use 1 tsp. per Cup batter. A nice way to add flavor to unsweetened cereal or plain yogurt. For delicious spiced sugar, mix 2 TB. in 1 Cup sugar. Sprinkle on French toast, oatmeal and cream of wheat. Hand-mixed from: China cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Bumpsters, may try this one!

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Guest sodacracker

take it to the top

:salut

Oh Paris.... where are you, Paris? I haven't seen posts from you in some time. I hope all is well with you.

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I made this a while ago. Probably soon after it was posted. It was the only core baked good I ever threw out. I remember that there was not enough chocolate - it was a tan color and by the same token, not enough raspberries. The only reason I am posting this now is because at the time, I remember thinking about the waste and the cost of the ingredients. Food has gone up so much - maybe someone else has made it and tweaked it? It might just be me too.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180