Health Discovery Network
Guest crickert

I am failing again...

Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you are. I can go strong for 4 weeks and then AF shows up and I lose control over my eating and now it's taken me just 2 days to realize that I WANT to do this!!!! I NEED to do this and I WILL do this!!! I haven't been to a WW meeting for 2-3 weeks now to weigh-in because of other things that were going on in my life but I did talk to my WW leader and since I have prepaid coupons that I can come to any meeting during the week if I need to and if that means going to 2 or 3 meetings a week. I'm there!! Good luck sweetie thinking of you!!

I'm with you!! Let's journal togather and get to walking even 20 minutes will help you.

Hugs, :kiss:

*♥ ¸.♥·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.♥·' ♥Nakeisha♥

:jump_jack Army Wife for 13 years:jump_jack

Stay-at-home mommy to a wonderful little girl ~ age 2

*Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant*

WeighIn: Friday or Saturday

SW: 184.6

CW: 153.6

GW: 155.0

:exercise2 **** WW Lifetime Member 1/06**** :exercise2

Marilyn, what you said! I was going to say the exact same thing: her family needs to see her taking care of herself and setting a good example...you don't want your children to experience the heartache of having so much extra weight to take of...make out your menus, get those groceries (healthy!) bought...and start doing the right thing! You can do this! You are worth the extra effort -- and so is your family! If you're at work at 1 p.m., then only keep OP snacks/lunch with you...don't let the others influence you! Don't think about how much you're going to miss (non-OP food-wise), think about how fantastic you'll be looking when you drop some weight...and how the people you work with will be so envious of you...a wonderful family, job, and look how well you take care of yourself! C'mon, all in, you can do this !! No more whining! (And yes, we've all been there, and some days, still are!) :bcbsalute

Debbie

HW: 200

SW: 154 (8/20/05)

CW: 148.2

WWGW: 133

PGW: 125

5'5"

Guest georgiarain4

Don't give up! Remember...you are the only one that can take control of this. It is so hard and we all have our moments of weakness. Try calling a friend at 1PM or enjoy a WW mini bar at that time. If you think you are going to fail again you will. I have faith that you can...think positive girlfriend. We are all in this together.:exercise: :buddysmoo

Hi, this is me all over again! I'm up at 5:30 am, back home around 6 pm. Work is hectic, heck....my life is hectic. You can still do it if you become super organized. I can tell by your letter that if you are a project manager at work, you can do same, set priorities and goals for home life same as work life.

And you are right, the kids activities do eat up a lot of your time. I found one way to get exercise in when mine were younger is if I took son to Little League, I would walk around the field 4 x (added up to about 2 miles). Sometimes other moms would join me.

Right now my kids are able to get to activities. What I do is I am becoming super organized, the night before I leave dinner ready in a crock pot, pop it in the am before leaving for work. When I get home at 5:30-6:00, I will begin side dishes if any, ie, rice, noodles, ect. While those are on stove I change, put on my workout gear and work out to one of Leslie Sansone tapes (they are about 1/2 hr. but terrifically active!).

Then, I set the table, go take a shower, put on comfy clothes and we eat. We are done about 7 pm, hubby does dishes and I do whatever needs to be done, help with homework, load of laundry....

You can do this, just make up your mind to do it and organize yourself the way you would your work life.

Good luck!;)

Teri :wave:

Re-Joined WW 11/01/06

Height: 5'4"---Starting Weight: 190

Current Weight: 187.3

Christmas Goal: 180

Goal Weight: 142

Guest jpl2238

I have always seemed to fall off at 4 weeks to but this time I have changed my mind set that I want to do this, I need to do this for my health

At the last meeting I went to the topic was "life is a cafeteria" meaning that when you go to a cafeteria you have to go get your food, no one brings it to you and that is what life is about, if you want to loose weight, go to the gym or whatever, you have to do it no one is going to do it for you.

Have you tried to jounal and see why at 1pm you seem to loose it? I know nights are hard for me to sometimes....

Keep at it but don't give up, go to the weigh in and get back on track.

Janice:wave:

Guest Bpiperno1

I love this forum! Even though no one has posted to this thread since October, it still helped me when I needed a little jolt. I'm only in my 14th week, but I needed the reminder about the lady who broke all of her dishes on purpose when just one plate got broken. I ate way too much on the 3rd and 4th, but I stayed OP yesterday and I'm OP so far today. I'm trying to salvage my Saturday weigh-in as I haven't gained during any of the 13 weeks so far. I did lose just .2 pounds one week though. I don't lose weight easily, but I'm fairly happy with my progress so far.

What a mental challenge weight loss is. The world just makes is so easy to grab a high-point treat when all you need is a little "something." Are some people born with tremendous will power? I flew back from a business trip with a co-worker. She wrapped up half of her bag of peanut M&Ms when they announced we were ready to land. I tried to quiz her on how she was able to not eat the whole bag (as I would have done), but I think she was embarrassed that I called attention to it and didn't really answer my probing questions.

Why am I in a better mental position than other times when I've tried to lose weight? When I get closer to my LT goal will my attitude lapse? What can I do (besides frequent this forum and attend meetings) to make sure that doesn't happen?

Crickert, how're you doing now? Are you regularly OP? Good luck with your weight loss.

Wow! Your life sounds like mine. I'm up at 4:30 AM and home at 6PM. I'm planning to have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack at work. Thankfully we have a refrigerator here that I can use and a microwave and grill. I feel like I live here. So, weekends will be spent preparing dinners, I guess, so I won't just reach for something quick.

I know how you feel. I'm wondering if I will succeed at this because of all the preparations necessary. But it's the only way I'll be able to do it with all the responsibilities I have right now.

If I can do it though, I know you can. Maybe we can share recipes? Let me know.

Lynn

:crazy: WOW- is this thread full of truth and trials and real life, or what?!? I sure hope Crickert has hung in there and succeeded!

My main thought on this topic is that it's not magic that leads to weight loss, it's hard bleeping work! I understand Bpiper's amazement at the lady who could save half a bag of M & Ms for later; that amazes me, too. However, we can't sit around and wait for magic to give us willpower, we have to improvise and overcome! Since I can't/won't stop eating a treat like that once I start, I don't buy them. Period. Each of us just has to figure out how to deal with our own specific issues. IT'S NOT MAGIC!!! :D

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Guest zoey

Hi , Cricket this is Zoey. I have been on weight watchers for 8 months and have lost 50lbs. It was not easy at first. Don't feel frustrated. Being on a diet is not esy, but with alot of support you can do it. I will support you all the way. Remember God is with us to, and He will give us the strength we need to defeat the enemy. We can make it together. God Bless you, my sister.

Your sister in Jesus Christ

Zoey

:)

Guest LittleEdi

You may be afraid of succeeding. It's a complicated phenomenon, but you may feel more comfortable having something to beat yourself up for. I wrestle with the same thing. What if I do lose the weight? What if I'm successful? To some people, that is more frightening than staying heavy.

Guest sunshinelovehope

Cricket, you may want to try to start with a stronger non-bread based breakfast. Two waffles with sugar is a pretty high-glycemic breakfast. It maybe setting you up for a struggle the rest of the day. Try whole grain high fiber oat meal or egg(whites or sub) with veggies and lowfat cheese. I find that a high fiber breakfast starts me on the right track.

I think this fear of success is interesting. I used to do Jazzercise with a woman who lost over 80 pounds on WW and she said once she made her mind up that was it, she rarely missed a workout and she stuck to plan. No magic and I dont think willpower has much to do, frankly, it comes down to our choices and the willingness to make tough choices. I've only been on the program for 10 weeks and lost just over 17 pounds and feel like every week is a learning experience.

To me, choice is the issue and I do pray each day for God to help me make the right choices. Today, that meant pasta with marinara sauce instead of mac and cheese at Souplantation and lowfat cucumber dressing instead of full fat blue cheese. The choices aren't easy, but each little success fuels the next round of choices.

Just my 2 cents.

Rachael

this has been the story of my weight loss life, I am new to the site, and I need encouragement, I am strarting WW (again) in the morning. My story keeps repeating itself, I start out well, then it ends up bad. I too can do son many other things but when it comes to weight, I can't seem to conquer it.

I want to make it this time!

tlove

Yo Cricket & Everyone Else. . .,

I hear your pain!! I am a single parent with an 11-year old Son who I have spoiled rotten. My work schedule is also hectic and I make a lot of sacrifices for both my Son and my job that negatively impacts my healthy lifestyle.

But I finally realized I had to borrow from other self-help programs that say you have to be selfish to succeed. My exercise has been mainly walking, some exercises at home, and use of a treadmill, if really desperate and it is 40 below zero outside. I started agonizingly slow, but now can routinely do about 3.5 to 4.5 miles per day in about 70 minutes.

Today, my Son understands that I am going to leave him to his own devices while I do my daily walk/jog and he understands that when I say we have to eat healthy it is not going to be a quick binge at McDonalds.

I get in extra steps at work by parking about 1/4 mile from my office building, taking the stairs virtually all the time, and being "inefficient" at work - going to see my co-workers in person rather than telephoning or emailing.

I eat breakfast always; have lots of healthy snacks with me at home and at work; and am both body and food aware so that my choices about getting good and the right amount of food is paramount when the event arises.

My "standards" for my domestic chores have slipped as I made time for myself but still our condo would pass most health inspector reviews. I guard my time jeolously both from my employer perspective and personal perspective and have learned to say no to a lot more things than I used to. Sometimes, I don't even answer my telephone when it rings at home, letting the answering service pick up - if important, folks will leave a message which I can choose to do if warranted.

Lastly, most of us I believe are compulsive in our eating pattern and personality and we expect immediate results. Another self-help program says that time and continued sobriety will keep you on the recovery road - patience and forgiveness with selves in our journey needs to be always kept in mind.

Life is good. . .it works if you work it.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

It is sad if the orinigal poster didn't get to see all the support that was poured out in these posts but it didn't fall on deaf ears.

I needed a bit of encouragement this morning and here was the thread. Life is mysterious. :salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Guest Erica20

Hi Charlotte

You're not Failing and I'd wish you'd have some Confidence and believe that you have what it takes to lose this weight. I know its a struggle but please don't give up you've come so far and I don't want you to throw in the towel just yet you need to lose weight for you and your health most of all for you. IK want you to come to Terrific 20's and click on the Thread named BCB Angels we'd be more than happy to have you with our team. You can Private Message me if you have any other questions I'd be happy to Answer them

Guest Erica20

Thank You CW I like giving people advice and Motivation and Encouragement

The list of things I've tried and it not worked out is just as important as the list of things I've tried and succeeded. Lucky folks like me will have a lifetime of learning how to deal with happiness, love, loss, and pain without reaching for food to enhance it or ease the pain. The Weight Watcher police aren't gonna hunt us down if we falter.

It is ok to fail at something. I typed that my benefit not so much yours. The fear of not doing something perfectly has kept me from to much at all. I'm getting much better at making mistakes and shrugging it off, but it is a life long recovery, just like dealing effectively with food.

Nothing happens by accident and even though I saw that the original poster is MIA I imagine this touches all of us to some extent.

http://momentarian.blogspot.com

My blog focusing on understanding and inspiring myself hopefully to become a better human and a place to share what I have figured out for myself.

Guest Erica20

I agree with you you need to try before you fail and I just really wish I could help this poor young man/young woman because their story is so sad.