Health Discovery Network
Stefnee

Walden Farms

I buy the Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup. I add a small amount to the top of a dish of ice cream. It really is not bad. I never tried it with milk however,11.gif I wonder how that would taste. When I want to add a little fruit topping to the top of my ice cream or angel food cake I use Polaner SF Topping/strawberry, raspberry, or blueberry. 2 Tbsp. = 25 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g fiber. I think they are very good, but can only find them in King Kullen grocery stores.

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I see they have so many different products and I would like to know what ones are good b4 I go buying any more b/c the strawberry spread left my fingers red and it just didnt seem healthy to me..it had a good taste tho. .. but was a little freaked about the red fingers.

I'm a little frightened 4_11_3.gif of this stuff. I mean, if it's calorie free and sugar free, what's in it???

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

I have used the salad dressings in the past but don't think I would buy them now with so many other good low-point dressings out there.

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

Guest jander

So far the one thing of Walden Farms that I will buy again is their maple syrup. Good on low point french toast and drizzled on oatmeal. I was not impressed by the chocolate sauce. It had a bitterness to it that was just not worth it.

Brenda

Guest ariellasdaddy

I bought a couple of their salad dressings and they are AWFUL! Poison!

I bought a couple of their salad dressings and they are AWFUL! Poison!

You said it! Fortunately I taste tested the ranch dressing at the grocery store when it first came out and they were introducing it. I wished I could have spit it out right then and there.

It's time to try defying gravity!

I think I'll try defying gravity!

Just who are the company taste testers? IMO they must not have any, otherwise they would not have the nerve to sell it. I bet none of them eat it. I bought the ranch dressing and had to throw it away. One of the worst diet products I've ever tasted.

Guest ariellasdaddy

I agree. They probably sell to new customers checking it out, but no one buys it twice. My guess is they're gone in 2 years.

My guess is they're gone in 2 years.

I was buying this stuff in 1996 so they've been around for a while!! :confused:

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

I also have seen this product for years, beginning with a booth that they have at our local flea market. They also make low carb bread mixes, pancake mix, p-nut butter, sauces, etc., in addition to the syrups and salad dressings and such. I myself have only tried the bacon something or other salad dressing after a friend raved about it and bought me a bottle (then charged me for it :ugh: ). I kept trying to convince myself that this "wasn't bad" for an alternative. I never did finish the bottle. But I agree w/lyfer that there are a lot of better-tasting dressings out there than to waste my time and money on this! :p

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

So far I have only tried the Walden Farms salad dressings. I like them very much. I do know that they have a different taste to them, for me it was just adusting to the flavor. They are very high in sodium though, so calorie free/fat free isn't always safe.

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

I tried 1 dab of the "calorie-free" chocolate sauce and it burned my tongue! I pitched that nasty stuff into the trash. They must have no taste testers!

HELLO, WALDEN FARMS, JUST BECAUSE IT'S BROWN DOESN'T MEAN IT TASTES LIKE CHOCOLATE!:ugh:

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest ariellasdaddy

I haven't found decent alternatives to high-fat salad dressings, so if low-fat doesn't do it for me, forget about calorie-free!

The only great light dressings are The Newman's Own lights. DH will even eat those and he wouldn't touch anything "diet" with a ten foot pole.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12