Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Core Oatmeal Pancakes

Good morning folks,

I found this one on WW Online, and we tried it this morning. It came out delicious (IMO). I served them with ICBINB Spray and some DaVinci Syrup.

Enjoy!

Christine :D

Core Oatmeal Pancakes

1/4 cup oatmeal

1/4 cup cornmeal

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. baking soda

4 packets splenda

1/2 cup ff plain yogurt

1 egg white

Makes 2 big pancakes. Flip quickly because they cook fast.

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Christine, tried this yesterday and it was really good. I think I like it better than the cottage cheese based ones I'd tried before. I love cornmeal so that makes a big difference. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Shari

Guest claudettehh

I think I'll try this for breakfast in the morning. One thing I love about Core is I almost always have all the ingredients I need for core recipes on hand. It makes it so easy to cook!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying this as a variation from the cottage cheese pancakes, which my core friends and I LOVE! The cornmeal sounds like a nice addition.

I bought some sugar-free pancake syrup and really like it. It's only 30 calories for 1/4 cup, which is way more than I use anyway.

Kim

SW 164

GW 139

CW 138

Kim

Lifetime Member

SW 164

GW 139

CW 135

I'm trying these this morning! What kind of sugar free pancake syrup do you use and where do you find it?

JK

Hi, Mickweed,

My brand is called Spring Tree Sugar-Free Low-Calorie Syrup. It's maple flavored. I like it because it's sweetened with sorbitol and aspartame (Equal) instead of sucralose (Splenda), so I don't find an unpleasant aftertaste.

I think I found it at Ralphs, but I'm sure most major grocery stores would carry a sugar-free syrup in the syrup aisle or the diabetic foods aisle.

Kim

SW 164

GW 139

CW 139

Kim

Lifetime Member

SW 164

GW 139

CW 135

Thank you, thank you, Christine! Oh, yummy! I made these for breakfast this morning. What a nice alternate to the cottage cheese oat pancakes! I loved the texture that the cornmeal added. I made smaller pancakes and I also added 1/4 tsp salt. Delish with sf maple syrup!

Kim

Lifetime Member

SW 164

GW 139

CW 135

Bumping up!

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Yum! This was pretty good - mine was a little less "fluffy" then a typical pancake but I liked it.

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Bump.

Finally tried these this morning and even the kids ate them. Thank you for the great recipe!:headover:

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Did anyone else have trouble flipping them? Mine seem to fall apart, especially if I spray the pan. I try to make them small, since they seem so... runny, I even add a little more oatmeal and cornmeal. Next time I might try it a little differently, since i LOVE them.

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

MAke sure your heat isn't too high, i cook over med and then just really let it cook thru til all bubbly and almost done before flipping.

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Ohhh, thanks for the tip Kimi. I also, instead of using just the eg white, add the whole egg, next time I am just shooting for the egg white, and on MEDIUM heat!

I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!

2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

Guest WhateverItTakes

I made this this am... It really was awesome. I made 3 good size pancakes. I added a bit of water to smooth them out. I put them in the food processor to make the oatmeal and cornmeal smoother. I also made a double batch to keep for the next time I want pancakes, I will just add the egg white and yogurt.

Today I added banana and strawberries to the bleberries that I put in the batter... splashed a little applesause on them and a bit of splenda... i felt like a queen. Man, this is what I call eating. There is not a bag of any chip out there that is as good as what I had this am

I love these. I suggest adding a dash of cinnamon as well. Feels like such a treat!!!

~Jess~

"Because I'm worth it."

-LOREAL

SW/210 (late Feb. 06)

CW/167.5 (9/14/06)

GW/150

SW 2007/188.5 (7/5/07) :bcb_yuck:

CW/188.5 (7/5/07)

GW/150

They are good! My DD loves them!

-- Linda --

Start date: 4-5-11

Start weight: 224.6

Current weight: 224.6

I just wanted to brag on these pancakes. This was my first day of CORE and was a little nervous about the shift, since I don't like fruits/veggies and LOVE carbs (the more flour, the better, LOL!).

Anyway, I decided to have these pancakes for supper. They were FANTASTIC...I loved that cornmeal taste and texture...and I am still stuffed, over 30 min. later!! The only thing I *didn't* like was my new sugar-free syrup...so I mixed it half-and-half with my regular lite syrup and counted it as 1/2 point.

Great recipe, thanks so much!!

Guest MommyJenny

We had these pancakes for breakfast this morning, but we substituted fat free sour cream for the fat free yogurt and we added maybe 1/3 cup of water and 1/2 cup of blueberries. WONDERFUL!!

I usually eat these once a week. My tip for everyone is to let the batter sit for about 10 minutes before you begin cooking them. The oatmeal "rehydrates" and makes it easier to flip.

132.6/125/123/120

SW/WWG/CW/PG

Made Lifetime 7/22/06

Had these this morning, one of my favorites! I love them with pumpkin, I am getting ready for Fall!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Bumping up!

success for me this morning. I added cinnamon and a bit of flax to mine for added fiber. I had 3 medium sized pancakes. Ate them plain or with abit FF jam.

Very tasty!

Nikki

SW 185

SW with WW core 165.4

Currently maintining at 160 on core

Goal 150 by Christmas!

I make these every sunday morning - sometimes I mix blueberries in my yogurt before making them. they are kinda dark but yummy!