BarbA

Cheesy Chili-mac - 6 points

cheesy chili-mac

chilimac_lg.jpgspacer.gifPOINTS® value | 6

Servings | 8

Preparation Time | 20 min

Cooking Time | 25 min

Level of Difficulty | Easy

main meals | Adults will love how easy this chili-based meal is to prepare. Both kids and adults will love its taste.

Ingredients

1 serving cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)

2/3 pound raw extra lean ground beef

2 medium onion(s), chopped

29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style

2 1/2 cup canned tomato juice

4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced, drained

2 tsp chili powder

1 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni, elbow

31 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed

1/4 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese

Instructions

1. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
  2. Stir in stewed tomatoes including juice, tomato juice, chili peppers and chili powder. Bring mixture to a boil.
  3. Stir in macaroni and beans; return to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup of chili and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cheese per serving.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Guest Cassie0624

I'm trying this tonite with Mexican Corn Casserole! Yum! Sounds good! I'll let ya guys know how it turned out!

Guest Cassie0624

Ok, I made this and made a few changes. I used 2 cans of tomato sauce with 1/2 cup water and used regular Pepperjack cheese on top. OMG!!!! SO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! Even DH loved it and it's a staple when he goes to the field. Needless to say, the field version is icky! So he was a bit apprehensive about trying this but this version won him over. You've got to try this! And the mexican corn casserole was delish too!

I was going to post this recipe because I just made it tonight, but I searched and found that it had previously been posted, so I thought I'd bump it up. I made it tonight, the only change I made was using 1 onion instead of 2. It was excellent! (Oh yeah, I also used Barilla Plus Elbows for the elbow macaroni - excellent!)

Get set with the right mind set.

Thanks for bumping -- just happen to have some Barilla Plus marcaroni too. :D

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140

I will have to try this tomorrow night. It sounds great. Tonight I am having 5 can soup. Smells good. Country:wave:

~* Tina*~

Started WW 10/18/05 Restart 05/18/2010

I can, I will, I am :headover: