Health Discovery Network
pudgie

I need a mac and cheese recipe please

Anyone know a good mac and cheese recipe--maybe using wheat pasta because that is all we eat--thank!

pudgie lifeti:exercise: me

I know you said you use wheat pasta, but have you Dreamfields yet? I swear I live by this stuff. It's so good. If you haven't tried it yet go here and get a $1.00 off coupon and then go buy some. I promise you'll love it! But this is my family's favorite mac and cheese recipe:

16 ounces Dreamfields™ Elbows (one box)

3 tablespoons olive oil

1/4 cup chopped white onion

1 clove minced garlic

1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley

1 1/2 cups whipping cream

1 cup milk

1 teaspoon each: salt, pepper and nutmeg

3 tablespoons butter

1 1/2 cups fontina cheese, shredded

1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese

2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

1. Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat; sauté onion, garlic and parsley for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cream and milk, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Pre-heat oven to 425° F. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole baking dish with butter.
  3. Toss pasta and sauce together. Add fontina and cheddar cheeses; stir until well blended and pour into casserole dish. Top with Parmesan.
  4. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cook 5 minutes before serving.

This recipe serves six people and check your ingredients for point values. Let me know if you try it! :bcbsalute

~torrence

cincygirl44@gmail.com

Guest cookiemonster

super easy mac and cheese

1 can lower fat cheddar cheese soup

1/2 can low fat milk

1/2 can water

1 cup uncooked macaroni

mix soup, milk, and water in pan. heat until boiling. Stir in pasta and cook over low heat until done (about 15mins). STIR OFTEN, or it will stick.

4 servings 4 points each

I like this one a lot cause its so easy. check the points for you soup and mac to make sure it works for what you are using. sometimes i sprinkle some bread crumbs and non fat cheddar on top for an extra point.

I just made this for the first time yesterday. My apologies to whoever's recipe this is, I found it on the web and forgot to write down the original author.

4 cups cooked macaroni

2 TB reduced fat margarine

2 cups skim milk

1 pkg (8oz/2cups) Low fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese -

( I used - Cabot Light Cheddar 16 points for the pkg)

1/2 small onion, grated

1 tsp salt

1/3 cup breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 400°

Place cooked macaroni in a 8x8 pan sprayed lightly with butter flavored Pam.

Melt margarine in saucepan. Add onion, flour then milk and salt. Heat on medium high, stirring constantly. When mixture is boiling add 3/4 of cheese.

Pour over macaroni & stir. Top with remaining cheese and bread crumbs.

Bake 35-40 min.

Serves 8 - 5 points per serving.

This was really easy and good. The top was a little dry, I might try just a couple sprays of butter flavored Pam to it before I bake it next time to see if that makes a difference. I'm planning on taking this to a potluck supper next month.

Kathy

Height 5'7"

:embarrassHW/SW-282 (10/6/05)*CW-241.0(02/28/09)*WWGW-159**Total Lost-41.0 lb:)

WeightLossPics

justloseit's mac and cheese recipe looks to die for - but it's hardly WW friendly. If you are making and eating that and don't know what the points value is, how can you be on the program??? Just the amount of fat alone is enough to run to the cardiologist!

Anne