Health Discovery Network
shrinky

Chicken Piccata

Tweaked from a WW veal piccata recipe...comes to 4 points per serving. I made it tonight and it was delish.

Chicken Piccata

POINTS® value : 4

Servings : 4

Ingredients:

1/3 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast

2 tsp olive oil

1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth

3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1/8 cup white wine

1 Tbsp light butter

1 Tbsp capers

Instructions:

Mix flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper together in a small, shallow bowl; coat chicken cutlets with flour mixture. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet and cook cutlets until just cooked through and golden, about 2 minutes a side; set aside and keep warm.

Deglaze skillet (add liquid to remove remaining pieces of food) with broth, lemon juice and wine. Reduce heat to medium and reduce mixture by half. Swirl in butter, then capers and pour over cutlets.

Gillian / SW: 273.0 / CW: 245.8 (7/25/2009) / GW: 145.0

Awesome recipe. We love this in our house! The lemon, wine, and capers make it taste so yummy and thickening the sauce a bit with a tad of flour makes it taste so rich! Yum!

~Lori

SW: 159.6

CW: 159 :bcb_yuck:

GW: 135

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?

I know! This does not taste like a "light" meal at all. I was very impressed at how rich & wonderful it tasted.

Guest shannon king

This sounds Yummy. Do you think it would be as good without the capers? Any suggestions for what would be good to substitute for the capers?

I think it would be just fine without the capers, they are really just a little garnish. The original recipe actually used parsley and no capers, I just substituted because (1) I had no parsley (2) I had capers (3) I love capers on chicken piccata.

So try parsley, or try forgoing the garnish altogether!

Guest shannon king

Thanks ladies! I will try this ~ and I have some parsley to add a little color. :) I am loving this website! So many great recipes....

Guest Hailey

YUM!!!! This looks like a winner!

thanks, I'll put capers on the grocery list today.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

This recipe is amazing!! Definitely a keeper and it did not taste "light" at all! Thank you for sharing!

Amy

~~~~~~~~~

6/12 Goal:

0 of 15lbs down

4/45 days exercise

I'm trying this tonight and I have a jar of capers I've been trying to use.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

This was so yummy. I will definitely make this for company and they will never know that it is a "light" recipe. I served this with mashed potatoes and a parmesan herb zucchini recipe I found on the side dish list. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!!

sw 230/cw 196/gw160

mini goal 184.9 I will be overweight, not obese!

weight.png

Made this again for dinner last night. It is sooooooo good! I think this is probably my favorite WW recipe.

Amy

~~~~~~~~~

6/12 Goal:

0 of 15lbs down

4/45 days exercise

Sounds delish. Do you guys use really thin-cut chicken breasts?

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

Note to any Corbies - this is AWESOME! I counted it Core + 1 Point per serving (for the flour) for three servings. It used my healthy oil and my pasta/potato/rice for the day, but was totally worth it. Each additional serving after the first and obviously you'll have to count the oil (2 tsp per serving). But I found that one serving was more than enough.

Here's how I modified it for Core purposes: I used 6 tsp of healthy oil, divided (2 to saute chicken, 4 to go in the sauce), replaced the white wine with more chicken broth, split it into three portions instead of four, and ate it over ww angel hair pasta. I also added the leftover flour to the sauce - no sense wasting it, you know? It made it creamy, almost like a lemony chicken gravy.

It was amazingly good and the others were right - it definitely does NOT taste "light." :bcb_up I will be making this again for sure!

Started Core 8/19/08

10% - 11/08/08

Restart 1/1/10 at 177.6

weight.png

ttc.png

1 Cor. 6:12-20:

All things are lawful for me, but I will not be mastered by ANYTHING! I am bought with a price, and I will start acting like it.