Health Discovery Network
ThinLin

Dance Dance Revolution

Hey, anyone ever try this? I purchased a DDR Mat, normally the Dance Dance Game is something you play on an XBox or PlayStation, but they also sell a mat that has the game built right into the mat and it plugs into a television. It plays music and you follow the arrows on the TV screen and step on the squares on the mat... I bought it because I saw on the WW Website that a woman lost lots of weight exercising on it... it really is fun. Anyone else out there doing this?

Linda

5'2"

196/188.8/146

"Slow and Steady sets the pace,

Strong and Stubborn wins the race!"

I didn't know they made these! I've been looking/pricing the DDR game & mats for Xbox, but this would work out so much better. Where'd you find it?

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I got mine through ebay, but you can also get it from http://www.ddrgame.com, they sell them for xbox and playstation but also as a plug and play for a TV... it really is kind of goofy, but it is fun! I keep playing over and over, trying to get a better score, so before I know it, I've been exercising for over an hour!

Linda

5'2"

196/188.8/146

Thanks for that link! I just placed an order. They had some great prices too.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest CarefreeCas

Hey, I just bought one of these on Ebay for $20 (includes shipping). Can't wait to give it a shot!

Cassie

Hi all,

I just ordered mine , too - but it's a Xmas present for the kids (and me!) so I'll have to wait until after the holidays to give my review. But it sounds really fun, and I'm really looking forward to it :-)

- Jennifer

ACE-certified Personal Trainer

& WW Lifetime Member

weight.png

hee hee...I ordered mine yesterday! It's also for the kids and myself...sounds like a blast. I will try it out when it arrives!

*Hugs*

~Gina~

Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4

SW 223.6

CW 151.2

WWG 130

PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

It really is fun... when I first tried it, I was a little dissappointed with the music, I guess I figured it would have 'real' music with lyrics, but once you start trying to master a particular game/song, you get hooked! I find myself humming the songs throughout my day, too!

Linda

5'2"

196/188.8/146

Guest qwands

which product works with just the TV?

thx

Guest wandaf

I use my DDR on my Playstation 2. I love it! Can't say enough good things about the workout it gives you. The one I am using keeps track of how many calories you burned too. :headover:

I heard that the PlayStation game has a workout mode... I'll see how I do with this one, I may have to splurge and get me a PlayStation!

Linda

5'2"

196/188.8/146

I just bid on Ebay for one. I can't wait to try it.

Dawn

SW - 11/27/06: 218.8

CW - 217.4

Total: -1.4

:D

"Don't Give Up!! .... Don't Ever Give Up!!" - Jimmy V.

Guest Me4Me

You all have peaked my interest. I went on ebay and you can find the plug and play mat pretty inexpensive...but should I get it? Any other feedback?