Health Discovery Network
MizFish1

Walmart (Great Value) NSA Cherry Pie Filling

Hey buddies... yesterday I made the cherry surprise cake and when I purchased all of my supplies at Walmart I used their Great Value (walmart generic) No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling sweetened with Splenda... it was sooooo good and i was pleased to see that the generic brand was using splenda!! just thought I'd pass this on! take care buddies!

*Jillian*

Please tell me how to make your cherry surprise cake...I love cherries! !

Thanks...

:headover:

Debbie

This is my favorite way to use this product:)

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pineapple/cherry Jello

Recipe By :

Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

2 packages sugar free jello

2 cups water

20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice

1 can light cherry pie filling (no sugar added if you can find it)

Mix jello in 2 cups boiling water. Pour undrained pineapple and Cherry pie filling into jello,Mix and pour into 9x13 pan

chill.

Top with a dab of cool whip

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 50 Calories; trace Fat (1.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 4mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Fruit.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

I used the NSA Apple pie filling and made "mini Apple pies". I used the RF biscuits dipped in splenda and cinnamin put them in muffin tin and topped with the filling and baked. Served warm with a little FF cool whip! Yummo!! They are between 1-2 points the way I figure--so I counted as 2.

Daisy

Guest ShrinkingDaisy
Hey buddies... yesterday I made the cherry surprise cake and when I purchased all of my supplies at Walmart I used their Great Value (walmart generic) No Sugar Added Cherry Pie Filling sweetened with Splenda... it was sooooo good and i was pleased to see that the generic brand was using splenda!! just thought I'd pass this on! take care buddies!

What is the Cherry surprise cake?? Could I get the receipe? Sounds good!

Daisy

Guest kathieny

Cherry Surprise Cake

Serving Size : 20

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

4 cups miniature marshmallows

1 package yellow cake mix -- (18 1/4-oz)

1 can light cherry pie filling -- (21 oz)

10 ounces diet sprite

2 egg whites

Heat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13" baking pan with cooking spray. Spread marshmallows evenly over bottom. Prepare cake using diet sprite and the egg whites . Pour batter over marshmallows. Spoon cherries evenly over batter. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Here's what happens as it bakes: The cherries sink to the bottom and the marshmallows rise to the top and form a thin topping that will brown and be bubbly. To check for doneness: Insert toothpick in center of cake; when toothpick comes out clean, the cake's done

Just a caution. . .I recently learned that "No Sugar Added" and "Sugar Free" are two different things. "No Sugar Added" means that it still contains sugar, they just haven't added anything to it. I recently checked these fillings out at WalMart and I hope I remember this correctly, but I think they had anywhere from 11 to 16 grams of sugar. So these are not "Sugar Free" and they still have calories. Just thought you'd all want to know that. (I'm sure the points values for these recipes are still the same.)

~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *

(last updated - 03/25/07

CW: 185

Goal: 140