Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
kristen_a_gilbert

WW friendly artichoke dip

Although this is fairly high in points for what you're getting, it does satisfy a craving especially if you have holiday parties to go to with lots of appetizers around.

1 c. light mayo

1 c. light sour cream

1 c. parmesean cheese

1 can artichokes (about 15 oz size)

2 cloves garlic

3/4 t. dill

Mix all ingredients and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes

I counted this at 36 points total which will make about 3 c. dip so I counted 3 pts per 1/4 c. I used generic type crackers that were 9 for 4 points. So for 7 points (although rather high) I was able to take this dip to a party and feel like I was indulging.

Kristen

SW 245/CW 153/GW 150/

you could use rice crackers (14 for 1point) and not feel any guilt - mmmmmm dip.......

Height: 5'9

CW:175.6

WWG:155.8(the 10% target)

GW: 165 by January 1st 2008

UPDATE:

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

Okay, it's late and I'm tired so forgive this stupid question, but is the parm cheese grated (like the powdered kind) or shredded? I always use grated parm, but I'm betting this is something else. I have Low-Fat Parm in the fridge. I *love* artichoke dip!

Staci

SW 215.0, 11/30/09

CW - 211.0, 12/7/09

GW - 175.0

1st mini goal - 210.0

Guest jodyann1111

is this the same recipe as spinach artichoke dip? i friggin love that stuff!!!!! with your recipe i guess all you do is add some cooked spinach to it... also, can i use the jarred artichokes or do they have to be fresh??

Guest snafoo1974

The fattening spinach and artichoke dip that I make (only for other people, of course) is pretty much the same. I use the canned artichokes (I would have no inkling as to what to do with a fresh one) and one box of the frozen spinach (cooked).

This is one of those recipes where you can add all sorts of things to it. You can substitute the mayo or sour cream with ricotta. My recipe calls for one cup of cheddar cheese, which would obviously increase the points, but you could add less and make it low fat. I usually throw in a dash of tabasco, sometimes lemon pepper seasoning, etc. And you can use pita chips (which you can make at home) or tortilla chips. And I use the grated parm, but you could use shredded.

This is wonderful! I made it to take to a NYE party and it was a huge hit with everyone. It is one of my favorites and this recipe is nearly half the fat and calories as the original. No one knew though until I told them is was lo-cal!!

fn_print_logo.gif Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe courtesy Juan-Carlos Cruz

Recipe Summary

Difficulty: Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

User Rating: 5_stars.gif

1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed

1 cup light sour cream

1/2 cup grated Parmesan

1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella

8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened

4 cloves garlic, crushed

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed

1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, plus more as needed

1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained

Carrot sticks, celery sticks or baked tortilla strips, for serving

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Squeeze all excess liquid from spinach, place in a food processor with sour cream, Parmesan, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella, the cream cheese, garlic, pepper and hot sauce.

Process until just blended but still slightly lumpy. Add artichokes and pulse to form a chunky mixture. Place in a 1-quart baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella. Bake until bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks or baked tortilla strips.

Nutrition InformationNutritional Analysis per servingCalories 282Fat 17 gramsSaturated Fat 11 gramsCarbohydrates 12 gramsFiber 3 grams

Episode#: CV0206

Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

BRANDY

HW~226

SW~217.5

CW~197.5

GW~ 140

I made artichoke dip for a party 2 weeks ago, right as I was starting WW.

I used 1cup FF Mayo. 8oz FF mozzerella, 1/4cup RF Parmasan, 2 cans artichoke hearts. Sprinkled the top with Paprika and baked at 350 for 20 minutes or so. I brought Club crackers (they are the best with this).

I think that I worked the numbers and figured that it was only 4pts for 1/4cup of dip and 4 club crackers (the regular kind, not reduced fat). IIRC, the dip was only 1-2 pts, the crackers were a lot though (didn't know the WW rules yet)

Honestly, it tasted wonderful, there was no telling that it was FF mayo & cheese.

SW 176.8/CW 167.0/10% goal 159.8/PG135

Easter Challenge

2/15 167.0

2/28 167.0 still

3/1

3/8

3/15

3/22 *Leaving for vaca 3/26 -4/4

3/29

4/5

2 cans quartered artichokes drained & chopped up

1 cup FF mayo

1 cup FF mozzerella

1/2 cup RF parmasan cheese (grated)

4 cloves garlic (press with garlic press)

mix, but in baking dish, sprinkle with paprika, bake for 20 minutes at 325

yields 8 1/2 cup servings 92 cal/.5g fat/1.5 fiber= 2pts

yeilds 16 1/4 cup servings 46 cal/.25g fat/.75g fiber=1pt

I use RF club crackers- 5 crackers is 2pts, 10 crackers is 3pts.

SW 176.8/CW 167.0/10% goal 159.8/PG135

Easter Challenge

2/15 167.0

2/28 167.0 still

3/1

3/8

3/15

3/22 *Leaving for vaca 3/26 -4/4

3/29

4/5