Thursday- 55 min Power Zone-DIDNT DO :mad:

Friday- Rest - WI Today!

Saturday- 30 min Tae Bo- DIDNT DO :mad:

SW: 358.4 - (11/29/10)

CW:
315- (11/19/14)

Total loss- 43.4 lbs!

:strong: Here's my plan for the week!

SUNDAY- 25 min elliptical, 45 min Fullbody Weights, 50 min Walk with DH and :dog: - Done

MONDAY- 35 min jog, 45 min Walk with DH and :dog: -Done

TUESDAY-25 min elliptical, 30 min Upperbody Weights, 45 min Walk with DH and :dog: -Done

WEDNESDAY- 40 min jog- Done

THURSDAY- Rest Day

FRIDAY- 50 min jog (WI Day), 30 min Walk with dog-Done

SATURDAY- 15 min elliptical, 30 min bike, Upperbody Weights, walk with Dog-

xoxoxoxox

Sal:headover:

~~IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN~~

WE HAVE MORE POWER WITHIN US, THAN ANYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS OVER US!

Highest weight:202(1993)

Start weight #1:193.4(1996)

Start weight #2:169.6(2/00)

Goal:1/18/03(136 lbs)

Lifetime:3/1/03

CW:162.6

PG:128

Guest stagemomx3

:exercise: My rotation for the week-

Sunday- Complete Body Sculpting + Bonus Stretch Completed

Monday- Supercharged Sculpting Completed

Tuesday- Rest Completed

Wednesday- Standing Legs Completed

Thursday- Super Cardio Mix

Friday- Firm Strength Completed

Saturday- Rest Completed

Hi, FIRMies! Here's my schedule for the week:

SUNDAY: 35 min walk/jog (outside) :work_out:

MONDAY: Ultimate Calorie Blaster + Bonus Ab work :workout:

TUESDAY: rest :sleep:

WEDNESDAY: 1 hr cardio sculpt class (teaching) :strong:

THURSDAY: 30-min walk/jog (outside)

FRIDAY: FIRM Total Sculpt Plus Abs :strong:

SATURDAY: short jog

SUNDAY: C+S tbd

Lesh

Hi guys! You are so dilligent in beating me here each week.

In honor of Nancy, I counted some APs for some "swimming" I did with the kids. I was in the water with 4 kids for two hours. I counted it as light. Nancy, you were right, count that stuff! I earned 5 APs for that. Good thinking. The little stuff does add up.

I am really looking forward to WI tomorrow. I *should* have a good loss!

Sun-off

Mon-Total Sculpt & JF Abs

Tue-unplanned off

Wed-Step Reebok

Thu-Cardio Sculpt (WHEW!)

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Checking in and making my plan as I type!

Sunday: Walk/jog with 1072.gif

Monday: Total Sculpt Plus Abs - Nope (came home sick 1097.gif

Tuesday: Still sick....

Wednesday: Patrick Godeau's Stability Ball Cardio Workout - Done! What fun!

Thursday: Rest

Friday: Complete Aerobics & Weight Training

Saturday: TBD

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

I've decided to stop trying to plan my week in advance as I always end up changing something. I'll still exercise of course, but I'll just update my list after the fact. :)

S: Workout on home gym DONE!

M: Exercise bike DONE!

T: Rest day

W: Workout on home gym DONE!

T: (unscheduled) Rest day (long story)

F: Workout on home gym DONE!

S: TBD

Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

I've not been able to plan in advance either. I just can't remember all of the names of those stinkin' Firm Vids.

Amy-SAHM of 4

Thanks, Barb! It worked! This is the third time to post it but I'm down 3.4#! Yipee for me! Thank you Firmies!

Amy-SAHM of 4

Thanks everyone! So I did JF abs yesterday and not my groin feels like it's tugging when I cough. My lower abs really feel it. I just can't make my abs sore. It's only happened a few times. Any suggestions. I suppose technically, I don't need sore abs but I at least know that's progress. I still do some beginner moves here and there. It's hard for me to keep my back "out of it" when I do crunches and stuff. I can barely do lower crunches on the incline. I thought a 25 min ab tape would do it. I did have my baby crying and trying to crawl all over me. That didn't help!

How's everyone's week going?

Amy-SAHM of 4

Amy, my abs almost never get sore anymore (SOMEtimes my obliques if I hold side plank for half an hour ;) , but other than that...), but they're stronger than every. If you're exercising regularly and drinking your water, you may not get sore at all. I generally only get sore when I do something new or haven't been drinking enough water.

I missed my workout yesterday. Not a big deal. I'll just move my rest day, but it's pathetic b/c I had the WHOLE day off yesterday...oh well. ;)

I hope you all have a great day.

Lesh

Amy- WOO HOO! Congrats on your loss! :jump_jack

As for my wk- Not going as planned. Sorry guys.:ugh:

Hugs

Barb

CW:
315- (11/19/14)

Total loss- 43.4 lbs!

X post

Good evening all

- Just wanted to post a quickie. Did my WI now b/c I wont be able to do it in the morning for a few days.

Had a 2.5 lbs loss this wk! :jump_jack :jump_jack :jump_jack I am so shocked b/c I didnt exercise like I wanted.

Also- I finally got the 5 Firm videos from Ebay today! Cant wait to start! :workout:

Hugs,

Barb

CW:
315- (11/19/14)

Total loss- 43.4 lbs!

Good for you Barb, on the loss! Get that fanny movin'!

I have to ask you veterans. "Experts say..." that you should change up your workout so your body doesn't get used to your exercise and therefore get "bored" and slow progress. I can see how this would apply if you went swimming everyday and did the same lifting program 3 times a week. How does this apply to a Firmie? I have 20+ workouts and plan to add more. I am always picking something different. Can my body get "bored" with the Firm enough where I'd need to plan a very specific rotation? I'm not even sure how to do it. I suppose I could break up and do upper body and lower body 4 times a week and add cardio here and there. I just don't know. I figure by varying the weight and types of videos, I can't get bored. I just don't want to hinder my progress.

Having said that, I have gotten more compliments this week on how good I look. I know it's for the working out! I have lost almost 10#, which is great, but those muscles don't lie!

Amy-SAHM of 4

Doing the same thing all the time is supposed to be a problem. They noticed it with people who run on tracks, and many tracks now "change direction" every couple of days so you're not always making right turns or left turns.

I thought it might be a problem when I did circuit workouts (the same machines in the same order), but it never seemed to be that big a deal because I mixed those workouts up with running, hiking, and caving (an all body exercise).

I think that you solve most of the problem by having two FIRM strength workouts. Beyond that, it's a matter of what keeps you interested.

If you want, you can seriously plan "rotations" that go for 3-4 weeks that emphasize various things, such as more strength only workouts ("S" type), all C+S, upper body emphasis, or even take a "down week" where you do your usual stuff but only with light weights, or do cardio only. You can plan your own rotations or join the FIRM Believers Club and check out theirs. I was in FBC for a while.

Or you can keep doing what you're doing.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Heidi, so you like the ball workout? Does it take tons of room? I have a good space but it's not a basketball court or anything.

Amy-SAHM of 4

Amy - the ball workout was AMAZING! The area in my livingroom that I did the workout in is about 6' x 5' (I don't have a DVD/VCR in my home gym area yet) and this workout fit fine in the space. Previously I've only seen toning workouts with the stability ball - this one was ALL CARDIO! Doing step-touches, jumping jacks, lunges while being on the ball! I Tivo'd this one but I will definitely tape it to keep. I sweated about as much as I do doing Express Cardio! Did I mention how FUN it was? :D

Heidi

It sounds really fun. I know Nancy has the "Part II version". I'm always looking for new cardio. How long was it?

I think we are thinking along the same lines, Nancy. I just don't see how my muscles would have a chance to get bored. I never do the same thing at all. Even the cardio varies so much. Thanks.

Amy-SAHM of 4

Heidi, where did you Tivo it from? I'm looking for some different cardio workouts. I just looked on my On Demand from Comcast. I might try something off of there today. I picked one at random today and it is a section from the one Tamilee workout I have. :crazy:

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Joanne - it's on FitTV. It's a new show called "All Star Workouts" that just started this past Monday. In my area, it's on 5 days a week and each day it's a different kind of workout with a different instructor (all of them I've seen in the Collage Video catalog). They've had Cardio Boot Camp, Sport Conditioning, Hip Hop Cardio, and today it was belly dancing.

Heidi