Health Discovery Network
wwlynn

Pumpkin baked oatmeal recipe, another variation

Pumpkin baked oatmeal:

Here is my own latest version of pumpkin baked oatmeal (it's similar to another one recently posted, I happened to come up with this around the same time):

2 1/2 c total of grains: I like 1 3/4 c oatmeal, 1/4 c cornmeal and 1/2 c oatbran

1 c pumpkin (you could use applesauce, banana...)

1/4 c applesauce

1/3 c fructose or equivalent splenda

1 c evaporated milk (you could just use milk, or yogurt)

1 1/2 t baking powder

1 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

2 eggs

1 t cinnamon

1/4 t nutmeg

I make twelve muffins with this, bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I made it with cranberries last night, precooked the cranberries in the microwave, and added some more splenda to overcome the tartness of the cranberries. Maybe they're a little TOO sweet now...made them in my new silicone muffin pan, wow I love that thing!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

These are very good. I made a pan of them this afternoon. DW and I are both impressed.

SW 04/19/07: 321.6#

CW 04/27/07: 313.6#

GW by 7/1/2007: 290#

GW by 9/1/2007: 270#

GW by 1/1/2008: 240#

Today as I was making my weekly (and now CHOCOLATE) baked oatmeal, I noticed that the recipe I posted months ago had a TYPO:embarrass !!! So I just edited it, it's a link in a post on this thread...it now is corrected to say 1 3/4 c oats, instead of 1 1/4 (the math didn't add up!!:crazy: how did I not notice til now!!!!...no wonder my baked oatmeal was sometimes pretty thin!!!)

By the way, I have taped my favorite recipes inside my kitchen cabinets, very handy...I have other vital food/cooking notes taped in there too (ratios for cooking different grains, points in certain foods, etc.)...

Lynn

i tried these this weekend. wow.....they are wonderful. i used the recipe just as posted, but i added 1 small individual box of raisons to the mix. i figured 2 points divided by the 12 muffins would be 0 points for me on core. they are wonderful. very moist and filling. i will definately be making these again. thanks so much for posting this. they really hit the spot with a glass of skim milk or a cup of coffee. if you haven't tried them.....please do...i think you will love them like i do.

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

I made these last night - incredibly moist! I thought they were delicious! :)

132.6/125/123/120

SW/WWG/CW/PG

Made Lifetime 7/22/06

I just made this and it is so moist. I also didn't have the other grains so I did all oatmeal. Turned out really good but I made it in one pan. :salut

Courtney ~ in Japan

2009 is my year! Recommitting and taking it one day at a time.

I loved this recipe. I added a little pumpkin pie spice in addition to the spices listed and it is very yummy. I also baked this recipe in a pie dish and cut into little slices. Muffins would be much easier, but this worked too.

SW: 184

CW: 180.2

10% at 162

WWGW 135

For those who made this in a pan, and not as muffins...what size pan? 8X8 or 9x12?

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

1/4 t nutmeg

I made it with cranberries last night, precooked the cranberries in the microwave, and added some more splenda to overcome the tartness of the cranberries. Maybe they're a little TOO sweet now...made them in my new silicone muffin pan, wow I love that thing!

Are fresh cranberries (even though they come in a bag) Core?

**Sharyn**

I made this last nite without the cranberries. The consistency was good but they were no where near as sweet as I like baked stuff, even after upping the splenda to 1 cup.

I'm thinking a bit of sf/ff pudding mix in these might do the trick.

I brought some in to a friend of mine at work who has gotten interested in these sort of recipes and she said liked it, said it tasted like spice cake?

Anyway, these didn't satisfy my sweet tooth but they have great potential.

**Sharyn**

Oh I think I done die and gone to heaven.these cup cakes are to die for. Love,Love Love them. Thanks so much Lynn. This time of the year I get to wanting some fruit cake. And this will truly take the place. Marie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:bcb_march Marie

I just made some baked oatmeal and demonstrated the great versatility of these core recipes/ingredients!

Sunday before my big ride I had thrown some ff cottage cheese in a container with THREE pureed frozen bananas. I figured it would thaw by the end of the ride and be a nice energy dense yet core treat at the end of my ride. Well, there was so much other food provided etc. that I didn't eat it. And it wasn't seeming all that appealing to me anymore. So I used it in my baked oatmeal instead!

It measured about 1 1/2 cups, so I replaced the pumpkin and some of the milk with this mixture. I threw in about 3/4 c of milk and then made the recipe as is. They are out of the oven and certainly LOOK good! I assume they will also taste good!

Don't be afraid to play around with these recipes!!! As long as you have the basic ratio of liquids to solids and the levening agents I think the recipes will WORK!

Lynn

Is this the one you're looking for?..........:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I will try these soon. We aren't eating art. sweeteners so I'll try it with maple syrup and count the points for that ingredient. They sound good, thanks for posting!

I just popped a batch of these into the oven - I'm excited to try them. They smell really good! (I made 12 muffins) YUM! Can't wait to try them!!

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"