Health Discovery Network
ItsJustJan

Crockpot chicken w/foil

I made the whole chicken in my crockpot today and it was really dry. Was it because I had to leave it on for 10 hrs (work hrs :confused: )??? Any suggestions of what I could do to make it less dry or something to put on it instead of ....yuk....gravy...lol??

Thanks!

Jan *~ I'm a work in progress~*

~~~~I CAN DO THIS~~~~:race:

Goal: 10%

191/177.2/145

I have made this only once but only cooked mine (on high) for 4-5 hours. I think 10 hours on low or high is way too long. Try it when you don't have to be away for so long (weekend?). I was amazed at how the chicken looked and tasted just like a deli chicken.

Anne

I have to be gone a long time for work as well, so what I do is after I buy a chicken I unwrap it and wash it, then freeze it. If it's going to be in the freezer long I use the vacuum sealer after it's frozen solid. Then when I'm ready to cook it I take the frozen chicken out and rinse it so the seasoning will stick and put in the crockpot breast side down and cook it on low for 8 hours then my crockpot turns to warm mode. When I get home it's usually falling off the bone. It still can be a little dry if it goes 12 hours (which it can sometimes) but usually it's pretty good.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I think it might be because it was on too long. I work a long day too so what I usually do is cook it over night. My crockpot's inner ceramic piece lifts out so I just put that in the fridge and reheat when I get home at night. True, it's not as convenient as coming home to hot chicken, but for me it's better than nothing!!

Yeah, I thought it was because it was on for 10 hrs but it was so cool how it just fell off the bones!!! Remarkable!!! I'll take your suggestion and make it overnight and mine crock comes out too and I'll just put it in the fridg and heat it up when I get home! Thanks everybody!!:)

Jan *~ I'm a work in progress~*

~~~~I CAN DO THIS~~~~:race:

Goal: 10%

191/177.2/145