Health Discovery Network
Momster

Indonesian Pork Roast

I have got to share this recipe. I got this from my WW Leader.

Indonesian Port Roast:

1 lean sirloin or loin boneless pork roast well trimmed (2-3 lbs)

1 clove garlic minced

1 chicken bouillon cube

1/4 cup sugar or splenda

1 cup water

1/2 cup soy sauce

Place roast in slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over roast. Cook 8 hours on low, turn during cooking.

CORE FOOD (add 1 point for either program for sauce if you use sugar)

A local grocery store sells Black Angus beef. I bought some lean, boneless beef ribs from them and used in this recipe. I used splenda instead of sugar. This recipe was a big hit and was core because the ribs were lean with no visible fat. So you can find the lean ribs if you are willing to pay a little more for them and the Black Angus is diffinently worth it! My DH told me to remember this recipe.

I have also made this with lean pork chops. Serve it over brown rice, ww noodles, or baked and/or smashed potatoes. This recipe is absolutely delicious!

Momster :crazy:

Guest Battlestar

Wow! Thanks for this recipe. I just got home from the 'No Frills' (Canada) where I bought 3 pork tenderloin roasts (on sale!). This recipe will be perfect. Don't you just love your crock pot?

Cheers

You will enjoy this recipe. My whole family loves it. I've tried several different lean cuts of pork and beef and it all tastes good. Especially served over brown rice or mashed potatoes or even a baked potatoe. The juice/gravy it makes is very tasty also. I don't know where my WW Leader got the recipe from, but several people at the meeting have thanked her for it.

I've used my crockpot more times since Sept 1st than I have in all the years I've owned one. Core and crockpots just naturally go together! You don't even have to be a good cook to have something turn out great in the crockpot.

Another big hit with my family is to put a lean roast or lean stew meat in the crockpot, sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix over it, then add a can of diet soda (my favorite is Diet Rite Cola) over it then cook all day. Then I dip out some of the juice and add a packet of gravy mix to it and wisk it till no more lumps than add back to the crockpot for the last 30 minutes. There are so few calories in the gravy mix, you don't even have to add points. Got this recipe from my WW leader also.

Tonight for supper, I'm making Aimee's Cola Chicken for supper:

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/MainDishes/MD8.html

and serve it over mashed potatoes along with mixed vegetables.

Last night I made speghetti using ground sirloin, (after I cooked it till the pink was gone, I covered it in water and brought to a boil for a few minutes, then strained it and got rid of a lot of unwanted fat that way) one jar of Classico pasta sauce (core, found it at Wal-mart), one can of crushed tomatoes and one can of tomato sauce. Added a couple of cups of water to it, brought it to a slow boil, then took a box of WW speghetti noodles and broke them up and added to the meat/sauce (do not precook). Let it simmer for ten minutes and then served mozerella vege shreds over the top. My guys loved it so much they had seconds. Oh yeah, I roasted some Bird's Eye vegetables in the oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. (I take them straight from the freezer and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil spray, then spray the vege's with olive oil spray and sprinkle seasonings over the top.) I made garlic bread using Sara Lee Delightful bread which is only one point for two slices.

I know, the above two recipes are not crockpot recipes, but my family loves these recipes so much, I just had to share.

What recipes are your favorite that your family really loves?

As you can see, my family is really suffering from this diet! ;)

Guest Battlestar

Yummy!!!

The Indonesian Pork Roast was fabulous! I used a pork tenderloin. Cooked it in the crockpot (only took 4 hrs. instead of 8), then popped it in the fridge with the juices. Tonight when I got home from work, I sautead sliced onions in some of the juices, then layed sliced pork medalions on top just long enough to reheat and soak up the juices again. I am telling you, it was the best pork I have ever had!

Thanks again,

Guest A_Thinner_Dree

Do you think it would be ok if I didn't turn this over while it cooked? I'll be at work all day and won't be home to turn it.

Guest Battlestar

I wondered the same thing. I had liquid coming up the sides about half way. I only turned mine over 3 x. We polished the rest off tonight. The kids call it 'meat from heaven'. Too funny.

Why not give it a try. What if you marinated it for a few hours before putting it in the crock pot. Just a thought.

Good Luck

Made this again yesterday. Then today, for lunch, I diced the leftover meat and mixed it with the leftover rice and rolled it up in low-fat tortillas. Yum.

Guest sunshinegirl2006

YUM! I made this tonight and it was AWESOME! I threw in some potatoes and they were awesome too!!! And btw, I didn't turn my roast while it was cooking. DBF got home and turned it at about 5:00 and turned the crockpot off. We ate it about 1.5 hours later. It still turned out WONDERFUL!!!

Yum, this sounds good. Thanks for sharing this. I always love to have a new crockpot recipe.

:)

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I made this last night and I loved it...YUM my dh said it swas too salty from the soy but me and the kids gobbled it up!

Nicole

Guest designsbybriana

We made this and really liked it too. Dh liked it as well. He said to me, I never understood why you would slow cook a pork roast. Now I know, the pork falls apart and soaks up the juice which makes it really juicy. It's also very tender.

I put mine in the crock at 6am, wasn't home until 5pm, and it was on low for 8 hours, and I have a smart crockpot so it was on warm the rest of that and it turned out fine. I turned it when I got home and it was fine when we ate it.

Thanks for the recipe! It was easy. I do recommend low sodium soy sauce. I'm not sure I'll add chicken boullion next time. It was a bit salty for me but still good.

I tried this last night and give it my thumbs-up review, too! I used a pork tenderloin and it's so lean and tender and absolutely delicious. This is definitely going on the rotation!

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

Thanks for bumping this up, Linda. I did it with a pork loin and it was wonderful.

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Guest tinka

I tried this, but I did not have any chicken bouillon. I had beef, but didn't think I should use that. I used all the other ingredients and instead of the chicken bouillon, I used about 2 T of Lea and Perrins Marinade for Chicken. It is not CORE, but I used very little.

I used a pork tenderloin. I thought the taste was excellent. Bob thought it was a bit dry. I am serving it again tonight with BBQ sauce on it. I will have to count the points for the BBQ sauce.

I would definitely make this again.

Tinka