Health Discovery Network
Guest Lady_Bug

Points ?

Guest Lady_Bug

Just wanted to find out if we are aloud to ask about pts?

Like "how many pts are in a diet cherry vanilla coke?"

b/c I asked that on WW website.........Boy wrong thing to do :ugh: .................

Boy did they chew me out about that I was sorry I did ask and told them" I was new" they are not so friendly over there. So if someone can please tell me, I don't want to do anything wrong on here and get chewed out again.

Yes, of course you can ask. A Diet Cherry Vanilla Coke is 0 points.

You can use your slider along with the nutritional information to figure points, and there are also several good websites that give nutrition information and points for fast food, etc. A few are

http://www.dwlz.com

http://www.calorieking.com

http://www.dietfacts.com

Welcome to BCB!

Suzie :salut

Guest Lady_Bug

Yes I know that diet soda are 0pts but the coke I am talking about is a soinc coke? and I get a Cherry diet vanilla diet coke, Yes in my book it tells me about lots of drinks but not the diet syrup they put in it. LOL I know I should not drink sodas but I don't buy them for the house anymore............ So I just get one a day..................:D

Guest Lady_Bug

I'm sorry Suzie I did not say Thank You.............

THANK YOU FOR THAT

:wave:

Please tell me if I am misunderstanding the question, but do you mean you want to know how many points are in the Diet Syrup, you got all the rest figured out, right? I would think that if it was diet syrup, there wouldn't be any points.

Your body keeps an accurate journal of what you've eaten, even if you don't

Blogging my way thru the Momentum Cookbook

www.lisajanedunn.blogspot.com

SW 180(Aug '01)

WW goal 130

PG 11-7-06 120

CW 125.8 (01.07.2010)

Guest Lady_Bug

Yes that is what I am asking............Thanks

Oh and it is ok to ask about pts. Right?

If it was diet syrup it would be 0 points but I believe the syrups at sonic are full sugar not diet. They just put real syrup in Diet Coke. Check out the nutritional info at http://www.sonicdrivein.com/ and download the pdf. Scroll down to Add ins. The syrups add about 60 calories (or 1 point) for each ounce they use. You might need to ask them how much they add to a Diet Cherry Vanilla.

I tried to copy and paste but it loses the format

Food Item Weight (g) Cals Fat Cals Prot (g) Carb (g) Fiber (g) Sugar (g) Fat (g) Sat (g) Chol (mg) Sod (mg)

Cherry Syrup 28 64 0 0 16 0 16 0 0 0 0

Chocolate Cone Coat 28 143 75 1 16 1 15 8 7 0 40

Full Flavor Chocolate Syrup 28 74 2 0 18 0 16 0 0 0 52

Hot Fudge Topping 28 101 35 1 16 0 15 4 3 0 39

Maraschino Cherry 8 10 0 0 3 0 3 0 0 0 0

Strawberry Topping 35 38 0 0 10 1 9 0 0 0 0

Vanilla Syrup 28 61 0 0 15 0 0 0 0 0 0

Pineapple Topping 43 108 0 0 28 0 28 0 0 0 27

Grape Syrup 28 63 0 0 16 0 15 0 0 0 19

Orange Syrup 28 61 0 0 15 0 13 0 0 0 --

Blue Coconut Syrup 28 65 0 0 16 0 15 0 0 0 23

Watermelon Syrup 28 71 0 0 18 0 12 0 0 0 28

Add 1oz. Malt to any shake 28 104 5 4 22 -- -- 1 0 0 23

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest Lady_Bug

Thank You for that Joanne.......

That was very nice of you to do that for me.

It is sooooooooo friendly in here not like WW website.

I had the same experience at the WW site- feel free to ask herre. I am new, but everyone has been awful nice so far. You can PM me if I can help- I have a points calculator you can put onto your computer (handy, just type in fat, fiber and cals and the points pop up) as well as a ton of recipes etc. Let me know if I can help you.

:)

Susan (aka Cowgirly)

Starting 220 lbs Current: 187 lbs Goal: 140 lbs

I asked that on WW website.........Boy wrong thing to do :ugh: .................

Boy did they chew me out about that I was sorry I did ask and told them" I was new" they are not so friendly over there. .

Glad you found your way to a site where everyone plays nice!pooh_51.gif

I too got scared away at the "other" site and was so happy to find reasonalble happy kind people here!! This is the place to be if you want nice!:D

Juniper

"I finally decided I wanted dignity more than food". Frances Kuffel

What I do with my spare time!

Restarted 8/11/07 205 lbs

242/193/155

GW 155

That "other" board is a shocking and horrible place. I am suprised that WW lets that go on.

I don't think anyone here is giving away national secrets to help someone with points. It's not like we're posting the whole plan or something. There was a time when I bought my WW books from Ebay and relied on the computer to help me with points. Then, later, I joined meetings. WW got their money. I feel that sharing helps make more "converts" for WW.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest Lady_Bug

Point calculator where can I get that? You use it on your pc? can I download it from somewhere? I want that........:lol:

Debby

Along the line of the nastiness from the other board.... I totally agree. Not to beat a dead horse, but I can imagine how you felt. I used to post there all of the time about 3 years ago (The 100+ board) and people were really nice back then. So when I signed up this time, it was the first place I went. One of the very firsts posts I read was about how boring all of the other threads were because they were asking questions that these "regulars" were tired of answering.

Pretty funny when you can click on their post history and find that many of them asked the same exact questions that they are now complaining about.

After that, I searched online and found this site. I've been reading it for several days - kind of testing the waters before I posted.

I have enough drama in my life, I don't need to spend the little bit of free time I have trying to sift through those types of posts and "polls" trying to get to helpful information or tips. I want to relax for that 1 hour I get while sitting at my desk with the baby sleeping any my other lil one coloring.

So anyway, made my first post yesterday and I think this place is great! I even got a few PM to welcome me. How cool is that?

Ok, I'm finished now. :)

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

HOOWAH!! :bcb_drill

Guest RAINESTORM912

Help! Im out of town and I left my book at home :confused: I forgot how many points I can consume in day. :ugh: My weight is 160. Does anyone know???? Help!:help:

Thank you!

xoxo

Raine

Help! Im out of town and I left my book at home :confused: I forgot how many points I can consume in day. :ugh: My weight is 160. Does anyone know???? Help!:help:

Thank you!

xoxo

Raine

Check out this link: Basic Info about the Flex Plan

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest RAINESTORM912

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH JOANNE!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! :buddysmoo

~*RAINE *~

While I agree totally about the WW board, there's an old saying that goes "give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime"

Though the way the messages are delivered are often very harsh over there, I think the underlying message is a good one. The better you learn program and how to figure points, etc, the higher your chances of long term success.

While it may seem nicer for someone to just give another points for an item, by giving them the information on how to look it up or how to calculate points, the member will have the tools and information and be better prepared to do the plan.

I've also heard that WW does not like when members give out information such as points needed for the day and flex and core plan information. Obviously, they'd like all to pay for their program, as they should.

I'm glad you got the information that you needed and good luck with the plan.

I agree with you, Casey, but many of the things I read were not just what you were describing. In one thread, a woman who had six kids was called a "sl*t" and told to keep her legs crossed. It was just juvenile!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest Lady_Bug

Yes it is not just about giving out pts. I don't have a problem on learning how to fish................ Eveyone started out New and they did not have to jump down my throat b/c I asked a question..............I think they are waiting for new people to come in so they can be nasty to us. There is nothing wrong with a little help! from then on I was justed put down from that question and it was not right. After all I was in the Newbies thread. That was my experience and as you see other too............ but I will NEVER go back there. I will stay here where it is nice and friendly

Debby

Oh, no, I compeltely understand. I wouldn't ever go to the newbie board. It's horrendous! I usually only read the Flex Tip exchange and the Food/Restaurant threads. Much better there. But at times the issue arises when someone comes in asking about points. Some will gladly take the reference help. Others just want points now and don't care how you figure it or what site to look it up at. Some get angry if people just post a website to look it up and don't give the person the points. So everyone is different. I wasn't inferring anything, I hope you didn't take offense :) Welcome

Guest my3preciousbabies
That "other" board is a shocking and horrible place. I am suprised that WW lets that go on.

I don't think anyone here is giving away national secrets to help someone with points. It's not like we're posting the whole plan or something. There was a time when I bought my WW books from Ebay and relied on the computer to help me with points. Then, later, I joined meetings. WW got their money. I feel that sharing helps make more "converts" for WW.

LOL I have done WW at home and never went to a meeting it's not as if the "secret" lol is really a secret thing, it's very simple hello you are just counting cals, OMG don't share that??? LOL.... Sometimes they act like they have this gold, I mean hello you can go to ONE meeting and get ALL the info you need, after that you are paying more for support not some magic secret IMO. I think it's silly when people get so upset, I wouldn't even cared if I paid (which I would be happy to if I had the money but we don't right now) I think helping other people is MUCH better then stubbern. I think it turns people away from WW when people act that way IMO.

If WW is just a simple idiot plan, then why are you doing it?

Weight Watchers spends millions every year on research and development of their programs. It's a heck of a lot more than "counting calories". We wouldn't have this information if "we" didn't pay for it.

It bothers me that people think they are "entitled" to the plan information or "deserve" it because they want to live a healthy lifestyle.

The FIRM isn't going to send me free videos because I want to do their program. Bally's isn't going to let me have a free membership either. I can't afford a personal chef or an elaborate home gym.

There were times that I felt I couldn't afford WW. But when I put my priorities in order, I found I coudln't afford not to. Thankfully, I don't have to pick and choose those types of things now.

I sympathyze with those who truly can't afford to go, but on the other hand, I don't think that the rest of us who make the financial and time committment owe it to any one else to give every program detail.

Guest my3preciousbabies

I never said it was an "idoit" plan but that the plan (well the flex plan that is) is just counting cals that IS what you are doing it's just an easier way of counting IMO.... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to DO or figure out WW though! It's not some complicated program. I mean heck now I can count points in my head with out using anything. I can keep up with counting the points better then keeping up with counting 1800 cals a day. Now the core is a little more complicate (simular to South Beach).

NO you don't owe it to anyone to give us the details, if you didn't then people would just find some other way to lose weight, I was just saying that the program isn't some magic formula, it's a VERY VERY VERY SIMPLE formula that you can actually get by going to ONE meetting, no one NEEDS to spend LOADS of money to DO weight watchers and have success. But same may feel that the support that they get helps keep them OP which I totally understand.

My pet peeve, is when people act like the information is some kind of gold. From people that "I" know that have success off of WW isn't from that "goldend" information but the combination of the progam AND the support they recived from the meetings.

I really DONT have the money to go, The closest WW place is almost a 1/2 from me, we have one car and my dh works odd hours, I don't typically have daycare for my children, and EVERY penny we have goes toward paying our bills and things that we need. 15 bucks+ a week ADDS UP!

So that is why I am INCREDIABLY THANKFUL for boards like these where I can get support, and the help at need with little cost. I guess my point is I really don't get why people put out ALL this cost though when it really doesn't take very much to get the books and information. If I didn't already get most of all the information from friends and boards, I at least know that for 30 bucks or under I can get that secret key and pay no more for it.... So I guess that's what irrates me when people bring in the fact of paying SO much for this great formula when you actually paid less then that FOR the formula, You paid all that money for the support to help you THROUGH the process, NOT for the golden formula of WW.... YOu go to meetings and join to learn about it but pretty much everything YOU do need to know IS in the books, and for those who can't continue to go to weigh in OR get support, These boards are great for if we DO have any questions on some stuff that we may not understand IN the book.

Sorry to offend I wasn't trying to. I just believe in giving to others that need it personally. No one is obligated too of course. But if people are willing then I don't see a problem with them sharing if they want to help someone!