Health Discovery Network
Guest Lady_Bug

Points ?

Guest Lady_Bug

Oh, no, No offense taken............But you know what if WW or any other diet program ((or whatever you want to call it)) is going to work whether we pay for it or not it all comes down to US! On how we use it and change our way of thinking. I use to go the the WW meetings but it did me no good b/c by the time we all got weighed in it was time to go...........I am sure that not all WW meetings are like that but where I when it was. So no support there, to weigh myself I can do that at home for free and to get support I will come here. If I can help lift someone up and hear about there outcome that to me is payment enough for me. So for anyone who needs a buddy I am here.

Debby

I had the same experience at the WW site- feel free to ask herre. I am new, but everyone has been awful nice so far. You can PM me if I can help- I have a points calculator you can put onto your computer (handy, just type in fat, fiber and cals and the points pop up) as well as a ton of recipes etc. Let me know if I can help you.

:)

Ditto. I felt the same un-friendly vibe over there. I still subscribe to eTools but never post in the forums. Not to mention the icky format!

~Erin~ Re-dedicated 2/19/09

SW: 205.8 :ugh:

CW: 178.2

GW: 157 (for now) ;)

Mini Goal: March Challenge 175.6

Personal Goal: I will be an After! Eventually :bcb_worry

We can all count calories and exercise more within our physical restraints. WW is obviously the only plan that allows some freedom of choice, teaches us tools for maintenance, and provides support. Those things are the reasons it is a successful plan for life.

We are here for you.:bcbsalute

PS--Notice how your administrator (Joanne) gave the source of information to "out of town-help"--she knows! It's the fish thing;)

Em

SW 189.5

CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)

Lifetime 12/06 at 155#

"Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

I'm not offended, but it is one of those things for me.

It's just that if everyone decided to do WW at home, they wouldn't be in business. They are a business with a very good product and I think they have the right to charge for it. I think their price is somewhat reasonable and I like that there's no heavy sales jobs done with buying their products or making big long term financial committments.

I get very little out of the meetings anymore, information wise. My meetings are also very un "BCB" like in that most are joking about the pigging out. Even the leader last week was laughing about all the holiday weight she put on. But it's the holidays and EVERYONE gains at the holidays :ugh:

But what the meetings are for me is a committment. To take the time out of my day, that I really don't have to spare and make arrangements for the kids and to drive all the way there to get weighed and be held accountable is a major accomplishment for me. It's putting myself first, even if only for an hour a week and telling myself this is what I have to do to keep myself healthy and committed to the program.

When I go to meetings, I do much better on program, and I think the statistics show that members who attend meetings are far more likely to lose the weight and keep it off than those who don't.

While I appreciate all the good information that WW has given me over the years, I think the meetings are the backbone of the program and it would disappoint me greatly if they had to discontinue them.

Guest Lady_Bug

Yes I do have to say that WW is very good it just works different for everyone and how we use it. Home kits, meetings and some do it on line so I am happy we have all those choices. Oh and lets not forget BCB is a big help too. I was in WW last year, but this year I am doing it from home and I lost 9lbs so far but still need all the support I can get so thank you all. Whatever works for you just keep it up b/c we all need to find that place with in ourself.

Debby

Guest my3preciousbabies
I'm not offended, but it is one of those things for me.

It's just that if everyone decided to do WW at home, they wouldn't be in business. They are a business with a very good product and I think they have the right to charge for it. I think their price is somewhat reasonable and I like that there's no heavy sales jobs done with buying their products or making big long term financial committments.

I get very little out of the meetings anymore, information wise. My meetings are also very un "BCB" like in that most are joking about the pigging out. Even the leader last week was laughing about all the holiday weight she put on. But it's the holidays and EVERYONE gains at the holidays :ugh:

But what the meetings are for me is a committment. To take the time out of my day, that I really don't have to spare and make arrangements for the kids and to drive all the way there to get weighed and be held accountable is a major accomplishment for me. It's putting myself first, even if only for an hour a week and telling myself this is what I have to do to keep myself healthy and committed to the program.

When I go to meetings, I do much better on program, and I think the statistics show that members who attend meetings are far more likely to lose the weight and keep it off than those who don't.

While I appreciate all the good information that WW has given me over the years, I think the meetings are the backbone of the program and it would disappoint me greatly if they had to discontinue them.

I DO agree with you, I do contribute in my own way I guess (I buy their food :)) I am glad you didn't take me the wrong way :)

I guess the way I felt was I could understand the stingy attitude if people had to pay alot to get the info, cause there are some plans like that. There are others you can buy the book. Heck even my doctor gave me great info on both weight watchers and south beach all for free. I do think though, that they SHOULD get paid for their success I mean it's not JUST the plan why people lose and I guess that was my point. I think a lot of people don't know you can go to just one meeting and get what you need (then ww get's paid) and sometimes it can be pretty cheap. And yes it is reasonibly priced but when you are a low income family it's still a lot for us. It's not taht I wouldn't want to pay for those things I would if I could. I just get frusterated to hear people talk about a huge cost for the program when the program itself if cheap it's the support and the personal help you can get with it that costs you IMO? You can pay for it through them or come to places like this.

I DO agree though that people should teach people the plan if they can't afford it and are okay with telling about the plan instead of just giving answers. I do much better with the plan when I am tought vs given the answers :)

Well. . .I'm kinda conflicted about WW'ers. If they had a meeting at a time and place I could get to without totally wasting my day or weekend, I'd go.

If the website were so freakin' over priced I'd join it and pay. But I'm not about to pay what they want for web membership. Besides, word is that the people on their bulletin boards aren't as nice as other place (BCB, for example).

If WW'ers had an alternative for me to use that I could use for pay at a decent rate, I would. Right now they don't.

That's the implied contract businesses have to make with customers (a product at a price the consumer will pay in a location the customer will go to) and they've failed to make good on their end of that implied contract!

"Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Cowboys like girls with big calves" - Smokey and the Bandit

Lifetime January 2007

Current goal: 30 AP's a week/5 workouts a week

I went on that "other" board as well.

Truth is, they seem to have very little patience with new members who may not be familiar with the program, like the "oldtimers" are.

I like this board so much better.