Health Discovery Network
Meaniejr

What to eat to get rid of water weight??

This is maybe the wrong forum, but since it had to do with food I thought I would put it here. I'm retaining water really bad. Which is very typical for me (and my Mother). I can gain and lose 5-7lbs in one day. It's horrible!! I try to always watch what I eat and how much sodium it has, but somedays it just doesn't matter and I still gain a ton of water. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas or recipes of what to eat or drink that would help get rid of some of the water weight.

Thanks!!

Original Weight: 240 in August 2002

Lowest: 129

Restarting program:

5'5

CW: 155 - 11/02/2011 :workout:

GW 135

I heard that banana's can help reduce water retention. I'll look up some info today and post later.

Icing

Be your own best friend every day.

My WW Leader said that lemon juice is a natural diuretic, and she's a pretty well-educated person. However, I have no corroborating info, so take it for what it's worth. :)

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Believe it or not, the best thing to do without a pill from your doctor is drink more water! It flushes your system of the things your body holds onto that retain water. Adding lemon to that water is supposed to help.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I'll try drinking more water (if that's possible, ha, ha). Maybe add some lemon to it too. I just know that from last night to this morning I gained 5 lbs of water. It's just so frustrating.

Thanks again!!

Original Weight: 240 in August 2002

Lowest: 129

Restarting program:

5'5

CW: 155 - 11/02/2011 :workout:

GW 135

Oh wow! My weight does that too! I never realized ti was water weight! Thanks for this post...I think it will help a lot of us.

Also Asparagus is a natural diauretic.

Melinda

Recommit Day:2/24/2008 280.2

Weigh In Date: 04/05/2008-269.40 -.8

GW 160-165

Guest snafoo1974

I have also been told garlic is a diuretic (not sure if it is true).

I've heard Caulifower works well too. :)

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

I am so glad you asked this question! I thought I was the only one who could gain 3-5 pounds in a day from water retention. I knew about the lemon in your water, but I never remember to do that. I asked my Dr. once and he said I was drinking way too much water. Go figure! Thanks for all the suggestions. I have never had asparagus, but I sure do like garlic. Thanks again. They are worth a try!

Fallen, but not defeated!

Hi there!

I know I'm responding a bit late but thought I'd put in my two cents anyway. I'm actually pregnant (4 months) and have been having sporadic problems with swollen ankles/feet. My doctor has told me to start eating more watermelon and blueberries - both are natural diuretics. Also, paradoxically, the more water you drink, the less you retain. So I was also told to keep drinking water throughout the day.

Hope this helps!

Guest onesmartcookie

I saw the words drinking too much water and I thought WT? Is that possible? Maybe I'm drinking too much now! 8-10 500 mls in the summer...

The best thing I have done to get rid of the extra fluid is to drink tons of "LOC" (lemon, orange and cucumber) water. Slice these three items into a pitcher of water and drink, drink, drink. Make sure bathrooms are close by. I would also recommend using the whole pitcher in one day. It doesn't seem to taste as good in my opinion if it has sat for more than a day. It does have a very nice taste also.

Laurie

Life Goal: To be half the size but TWICE the woman. :bcb_wink3

283 / 283 / 145