Health Discovery Network
dragonflies

Do must of you eat your extra 35 points? And if you do how many do you allow yourself a day. This is my first week and I didnt have any extra till today. I had 4 points over, not sure if I need my extra 35 points or not. Thanks for info.

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

Lost 30.5, 38.5 more to go!!

SW: 194--Jan 9,2006

CW: 163.5

GW: 125

Hi- IMHO- you will lose better if you incorporate them from the start and maintain better at goal. If you eat all of th epts available to you they will still be less than you were eating before and you will still lose. But if you go for a while without eating them you lower your metabolism and then can gain easily- so they are part of the program experiment with them from the beginning- they will rev up your metabolism as will AP starting in week 3

I learned the hard way- I ate at the top for 7 months and lost big and then decided to be "smart" and cut down to target and then stalled for 5 month- eat them from the start plan to eat them and you will do better in the end and will be able to eat more normally without gaining

Good Luck

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

You don't have to consume the 35 points. But they are there for you to use if you need extra. Whether you lose quicker not using them depends on you and what you use them for. They are convenient when you go out on special occasions. There isn't any specific rule on using them. Good Luck!

Lilly - My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. I Samuel 2:1

I find using all points available to me helps me lose better. It is also helpful once you get to maintenance.

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Thank you all for the replies. I am doing the weight watchers at home and was getting a little confused.....

Well last night I was starving and already hit my target points of 24. So now at least I know that I can used them. I think I will so that once I lose all of this weight it will be easier to maintain... thank you:wave:

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

forget to mention, do you guys devide your extra 35 points daily. thanks

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

I usually eat almost all of them on Saturday, my WI day. THen I use the rest throughout the week. But some people prefer to use them 5 a day throughout the week. It really doesn't matter, I just wouldn't eat them all right before WI ;)

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Guest WrappinMama

I allow myself 5 Flex Pts Everyday.. doesnt mean I use them all each day. I find that I am pretty content only using 1-2 per day but I know that i have the 5 if I need or want them. I've done pretty well so far.

Thanks for the replies!!! I quess everything just seems so overwhelming in the beginning. Tonight I think I am going to use 3 exta. Thanks again.

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

Guest Sweet Seminole

I use most of my extra points and have been steadly losing:D Some days I'm so glad to have them. I try never to use my activity points though! I try to get at least 3 activity points per day except Tuesdays I usually don't walk on WW meeting nights.

When I first joined WW in January of last year, I never ever used my flex points. I think a lot of the reason I did'nt was because I was too scarred to use them honestly. When I dropped down to 22 points a day, I was still hungry & I thought I would use them, & I'm so glad I did. I could kick myself for not using them sooner lol.

My leader always brings up this point, use them because the longer you wait, it could cause the scale to not be very nice as you get closer to goal.

Hey they are there & they are yours USE 'EM!!!:)

I have 5 extra every nite 99% of the time. That balances me out fairly well. 5 bonus a nite, are a lot when you think about it.

Take care all.

Lisa

Zoey

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

Guest cornflkgrl

My mother never uses hers and she always loses at least 3 pounds a week. I always end up using at least half of them because I have way less will power than her and i never lose more than 1.5-2lbs. at a time. Of course, I am 25 and my mom is 55 and she says that is just easier for her to lose weight than me because of age, which i think is wrong because usually the younger you are the easier it is.

I am trying really hard not to use those points but unfortunately because I know they are there I end up falling back on them and eating more than I should, especially on the weekends.

Thanks for the replies. For the past couple of days I have used 4 additional a day. I feel much better using them now. From what I read it seems it is better to use them. So I am, and I am making sure that I get my dairy or good oils with them. I am not a big meat eater and I think that is why I was having so many of them left over. But today I had shrimp and I cant believe how quickly the points went. But I ate very well today and I can actually say I am full.... If you only knew how much I ate, you all would freak... but it was all healty...:)

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

I have this little theory of my own. I just go ahead and figure 10 a week for the extras I don't count. For instance, sometimes my serving size may not be accurate. Or I go to the grocery and try one of those little samples. Then the others I use if I need them, but try not to get in the habit of spluging on them all at once. I feel like this is a license to cheat.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Good question! I've wondered the same thing. I usually just hit my minimum points and haven't used any of my flex points. Is this okay or do I need to use ALL of the points in my range and also some flex points?? Of course I want to see the numbers go down as fast as I can, but I want to do it in the healthiest way too! Any help??

"Be sure you take an interest in the future. That's where you'll be spending the rest of your life."

Some weeks I barely use any and some weeks I use all!! I have recently kicked it up a notch on exercise and need to increase my food intake. Some days I get up to 13 APs. The furnace will only burn if you fuel the fire!!!

Lynn

New Start 241.2lbs

"It's a Long and Winding Road"~ The Beatles

Wow, this week I actually used 30 or some flex points. I am working out more and I just really seemed to need them. Tomorrow is my weigh in so lets see if the flex points hurt me.... I let you know.

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

Well even with all of those additional flex points I used, I still lost 4.5 lbs this week. Yay I am so excited.

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

Great job! 4.5 - what a great week! You should be proud!

"Be sure you take an interest in the future. That's where you'll be spending the rest of your life."