Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

WATP 5 Mile Advanced Walk available!

I was surfing last night when I couldn't get on and found that Leslie Sansone's new 5 Mile Advanced was was available at http://www.collagevideo.com/ and in the store at http://www.lesliesansone.com/

It's pretty expensive for a WATP, IMO, but of course, I had to have it. :embarrass It was $24.95 plus shipping but it's over an hour long. I ordered it from collagevideo.com since I wanted another video and the shipping was cheaper there. I'll post a review after I get it.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I am incredibly interested to see how you like it. I know what kind of aerobics you are used to so I'd like to know the intensity!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest addictedtobrew

I have been doing the 3 mile walk for over a week now. I will be so excited when I can move on up to the 4 and 5 mile.

Well, I finally got the chance to do this workout. I did like it. The only problem I had was that it has a skip during the last mile so I'm going to have to send it back to get a replacement. :(

It has 5 separate mile segments.

Mile One with Hand Weights

Mile Two Fast Walk with Optional Jogging

Mile Three with Walk Belt

Mile Four Fast Walk

Mile Five with Stretchie Band

There is a streching segment at the end.

You can choose one of 4 options.

1) A 5 mile walk with all 5 segments in a row.

2) A 3 mile walk with the Hand Weights Mile and the 2 Fast Miles

3) A 3 mile walk with the Walk Belt Mile and the 2 Fast Miles

4) A 3 mile walk with the Stretchie Band Mile and the 2 Fast Miles

All the options have a choice to listen to Leslie or Music only.

Leslies daughter is in the video with her as well as Joanne and Linda from some of the other videos. There are walkers of all shapes and sizes and 2 guys.

I still had a couple times where my heartrate fell off more than I would like, but since the workout was so long I still burned a ton of calories. According to my HRM I earned 6APs, but the slider only says 4 so I'm going to take 5.

I'd love to hear anyone else's review.

Joanne

I've had mine for a week or so. I like it--but by the 5th mile I am sort of bored so I do moves from other videos--some kick boxing, some jazzercise, some Biggest Loser stuff!! I turn off the voice and just crank up the music. (Sorry, Leslie, but you just get on my nerves with all that chatter!!)

Don't you think Joanne looks great--she looks like she is slimmer than in the 4 mile tape I had. And did you notice that Leslie has "bat wings"--her arms jiggle!! Makes me feel great!!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

She may kill me for saying this but...I worked with Joanne at Leslie's fitness club, she is like 52 yrs. old!! I think she looks amazing! If you think she looks good on the video, you should see her in person!!

Carrie

SW - 215 :mad: (1/3/05)

CW - 191

GW - 140

1st 10% - 194 (3/14/06)

2nd 10% - 175 by 5/31/06

That's nice that there's an option to listen to the music only. As much as I enjoy Leslie Sansone, it does get a bit annoying after awhile!

I'll have to hop over to Netflix and see if it's available for rent!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Quick question, since so many of you seem to be WATP experts.

How many of the tapes come with the music only option? I just started WATP and have only purchased one tape so far, with the 1 miles and 2 mile express on it. Mine doesn't have that option, I'm wondering if that is only available on the newest 5 mile or are there 3 and 4 mile tapes with this option?

Thanks in advance!:)

*Sarah*

SW: 236.5

CW: 223.5 10/16/07

Joanne, can the walk belt and stretchie band segments be done with out those props? I have the 1, 2 and 3 mile walks, but I don't have any of the other tapes that come with those things. I saw Leslie demo the walk belt on a QVC segment, but I'm not sure it's something I'd run out and buy.

Thanks for the review!

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

Tiffany, I don't have the belt or band, either--I use 2-5 lb weights and get a great workout. And as Leslie always says--even without any kind of weight, you get a really great workout.

About turning off the voice--I don't think you can do that on the VHS tapes. I used to just turn off the sound, crank up some really good music and go for it!! At one time, I was eve doing the routines while listening to books on tape!!

The point is to MOVE!!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

~~~****~~~

Paullet

Tiffany, I agree with Paulett. You can do any of the segments without the props or with different props.

Sarah, I'm not aware of any other DVDs that have the music only option.

Joanne

I recently got the kickboxing leslie sansone. I really like it. My gf and I alternate tween this one and the one she has for abs, the 4 mile, the walk/jog and the 2 mile.

Im looking forward to trying out the 5 mile. My gf and I are planning on ordering the belts from Leslies website. Weve been doing the workout without them. I have the weights...but I want the belt.

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

Thanks! :)

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13