Health Discovery Network
Guest cornflkgrl

NEW HERE --don't eat at Ruby Tuesday's

Guest cornflkgrl

Hi I'm new here. I am trying to lose about 50 pounds of "baby weight" and I have been on weight watchers for 2 weeks now (this is my second try. I started about 6 months ago and lost 11 pounds but got sick and gained it back.) My husband and I went out to eat last night and we were going to go to a certain restaurant that I had already picked out the points for and knew what I was going to order but they were too crowded so we went to Ruby Tuesday and I ordered a burger and asked for a box and divided the food in half thinking that this would be okay since I always eat less food on the weekends so I can go out to eat at night if I want. I got home and looked up their nutrional info on their website and just about had a heartattack. HALF of the plate I ordered, just half had almost 1000 calories and like 60 grams of fat. If I had eaten the whole thing I would have eaten like 2000 calories and over 100 grams of fat!!!! I had to actually divide the numbers in half and check the points for half of a half and then figure the points from there becaus the point tracker doesn't go up to numbers that high!!!! YIKES! It ended up being 26 points (my daily is 24) and i used some of my weekly flex, which I don't like to do. Anyone know a place that is good to eat out at in terms of points. On the nutrition facts for Ruby Tuesday I looked up veggie burger and theirs has over 900 calories and 45 grams of fat?! I get bocca burgers at the grocery store and they have like 80 calories and virtually no fat. How do you make something that is low cal and fat free bad for you?? What do they do to their food??

Appleby's is my favorite at the moment -- they have WW items on the menu, really good too.

Jean in Colorado

SW 176

CW 170

WW goal 135.0

GW 122

The future depends on what we do in the present.

Mahatma Gandhi

Awww ... i'm sorry re: Ruby Tuesdays. When I went a fw months ago, they had one page where they had NI for people on WW and ATkins. Tho you have to look and figure out the points yourself. I was looking at one of the atkins things, thinking it was WW, til i saw 1000 some calories! You have to read things carefully. I don't think i'd try a burger out ... to get burgers moist, most places have a LOT of fat in it .. and the rolls are usually pretty hi cal too ... add some mayo .. you're looking at a TON of points!

http://www.rubytuesday.com/menu/smartEating.asp A link to their smart eating guide that lists out Calories/Fat gm/Net Carb gm/Fiber gm

I had selected Ruby Tuesdays Chicken Chili was 3.8 points; BP = 3 points; light ranch dressing on it and a side salad. All was VERY tasty and very point friendly.

APplebees has a WW menu with the points right on it!

Also, Dotti's weight loss zone has a link to HUNDREDS of restaurants. You can print out the list for the restaurants you frequent, keep it in your car, so you can always find a point friendly meal!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Guest LivBean

I try not to order burgers when I am out to eat, unless it's a veggie or turkey burger. I just don't trust how restaurants make them, and I want to try to stay as OP as possible. You never really know the weight of a burger, or the kind of meat they are using.

Chicken dishes are always a safe bet, and I don't hesitate to ask for things "my way".....i.e., no sauce, no mayo, no cheese, etc. I feel the less I have to contend with, the easier it is to figure out my points.

Good luck!!! Around here, Ruby Tuesdays is KNOWN for their delicious burgers :) ...my motto, "if it tastes too good to be true, it probably is"......Hey, don't beat yourself up!!! You still made an excellent choice in eating only half!!!! And using your flex points is what you should do!!!!!

My leader at WW meetings always says she would rather eat a little of something really delicious, than a lot of something too "diet-y"......QUALITY VS. QUANTITY!!!

Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!! You have found a great place for support!!! :kiss:

Hamburger meat in general at restaurants has tons of fat. I always stay away from it too. Next time you are in a crunch ask for a chicken breast or fish with veggies (no butter) and a salad with LF dressing. A good trick to get them to comply is to use the "I'm allergic" line. It's *kinda* true. I've pretty much always been able to get something like this at a restaurant. If not, I always get a salad. Ruby Tuesday's has an AWESOME salad bar! Good job counting the points accurately and not letting it discourage you! :bcbsalute

Stacey

Mommy to Hailey, Age 4

HW: 200

SW: 176.0 9/08/08

CW: 173.6 9/22/08

Halloween Challenge - Lose 8 pounds!

176.0 9/08/08

172.6 9/15/08

173.6 9/22/08 :bcb_mad2

171.0 9/29/08

169.2 10/6/08

168.8 10/13/08

OP again for the last time! I will do this! :salut

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience at Ruby Tuesday's. They are one of the restaurants I like going to since I have been on WW because they list some NI on their menu. I went there the other night for dinner and had the white bean chicken chili (4pts), mashed cauliflower (3pts), and made my own salad for another 2pts. I had a huge, filling dinner for 9 pts. My other favorite restaurant is Applebee's since they have a WW menu. If I know I'm going out to dinner, I usually log onto the restaurant's website or www.dwlz.com for NI so I can plan better.

Amy

~~~~~~~~~

6/12 Goal:

0 of 15lbs down

4/45 days exercise

Sorry about your bad experience:mad: , that's really stinky:buddysmoo .

You should try Applebee's. They are awsome, very WW friendly.

I have been there twice, & have been thrilled. I've even gotten dessert:p yummy:headover: .

Lisa

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

I work at Ruby Tuesdays. They do have a good selection of smart eating. My fav is the turkey burger wrap with plain broccoli. Only 9 points. And you don't have to tell them you're allergic to bet the food the way you want it. Most the girl's I work with are on a diet so believe me we won't give you a hard time about it.

We love Applebee's. The food is really good and I lways feel content when we leave. I recommend the Tango Chicken sandwich. We have been reluctant to try anywhere else at this point.... :)

Jeannette

1/7 231.6 :mad:

1/14 225.8

1/21 223.4

1/28 220.0 (-11.6)

WWGW 175 (I'll get there someday!)

Jeannette

SW 1/7/06 231.6 :mad:

CW 9/18/08 176.0 :work_out:

Lifetime status 3/3/07

2nd baby due 5/18/08

.png

HOLY COW! I would have been blindsided too. I think I'm so good at guessing points, it's hard to be proven wrong. At least it didn't cause "permanent damage." I learned that the hard way with a MooLatte from DQ. Many newbies gave me a hard time for eating it before I knew the points. But I really do consider myself very astute at figuring them. I am 99% of the time. Sorry you had this experience.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I haven't been to Ruby Tuesday's since they started putting all of the nutritional info on their menus. I've noticed that they stopped doing that, but the shock still hasn't worn off.

If you're look for chains, Red Lobster has some great point values--and a light house menu to boot. You can go to the website, enter what you want to eat, and get the nutritional info. I also like Subway for quicker food, but so yummy. Any Chinese and Japanese are big on my list too, as long as you mostly stay away from fried foods (I say mostly because I indulge in tempura every now and that, but plan ahead for it!).

Sharon

I had that Tango chicken sandwich, at Applebees. The bun was so hard it scraped the roof of my mouth. I sent it back and the girl told me they microwave that stuff. I got another one, but it did ruin it for me. I like to think things are fresh, not frozen. Especially when eating out.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Guest rachser

I had the same questions about veggie burgers in restaurants. I ate at Smoky Bones a few months ago and had a veggie burger thinking I was making a good choice. Turned out that it was 15 pts. Not sure if they sautee the buger in fat or if the mushrooms and onions that were on top were sauteed in butter. But that really sucks. I know some restaurants butter their buns!

Wow my Tango Chicken sandwich was really good anf fresh. Sorry you had a bad experience!

Jeannette

1/7 231.6 :mad:

1/14 225.8

1/21 223.4

1/28 220.0 (-11.6)

WWGW 175 (I'll get there someday!)

Jeannette

SW 1/7/06 231.6 :mad:

CW 9/18/08 176.0 :work_out:

Lifetime status 3/3/07

2nd baby due 5/18/08

.png