Health Discovery Network
Guest kcityroller

Not really OT and not really a recipe but...

Guest kcityroller

In the morning I usually have oatmeal and to add something to it I take a small apple peeled and cored chop it up and add a splash of vanilla and a teaspoon or two of cinnamon. Microwave a couple minutes and add it to the cooked oatmeal.

Guest J-Dizzle

hey kcityroller....you're a rollerderby chic huh?!!! Ever since that show on A&E started I've been wishing like _____ we had a team here in Wichita....you must love it and i bet it's GREAT exercise.....I'd love to hear more about it!!! What team do you play for?

Actually, KC is a dude! And a great one at that!

KC, I like to add Davinci syrups to my oatmeal too. So do the apples stay crunchy? Or do you nuke them too?

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

This sounds yummy, I will have to try it.

I too add flavorings (Torani's, can't find DaVinci) to my oatmeal.

Michelle

As I lose the weight, I find a me I thought I'd lost!

sw 342 cw 289 gw 174

Guest kcityroller

Amy,

I cook the oatmeal and then nuke the apple with the vanilla and cinnamon seperately. I usually nuke mine until it's pretty soft.

Vince

Sounds great. How long do you cook it? Sorry to be so pushy but I like making my own oatmeal at home and would love to add the apples. I don't like the instant kind. It would be a great way to add a fruit serving to breakfast.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Guest kcityroller

Boy you're pushy:p , I usually nuke it for three minutes. That's how I started doing it So i could add some fruit into breakfast.

Vince

I like to make my own oatmeal too. I always cook my oatmeal with milk and I usually add raisins and cinnamon. I never thought of apples. Yuim, that sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

I like oatmeal with banana and a little cinnamon. Don't like the syrups as I don't like anything too sweet in the morning.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I always put cinnamon in my oats, too, but I experiment with different fruits. I like apples, but I really like frozen peach slices. I take a 1/2 cup and microwave them, chop them up, and add them to the oatmeal. :bcbsalute

Suzie :salut