Health Discovery Network
Ginaki

What Do You Eat For Lunch?

I'm getting tired of ff turkey, ham, melted cheese, tuna, sandwiches for lunch. I don't like to use any of the frozen entrees cause I prefer to save the bigger point items for dinner. Any ideas to make my lunch life a little more interesting and varied? Thanks, friends.:headover: :crazy: :bcbsalute

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

I look those "glasses" of soup that you can microwave. The creamy tomato is really good and the veggy pasta is a close second. You would need more than that, but sometimes I pour one into a bowl and add cooked veggies. "Fried" in Pam onions are good in the tomato one too.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest punckrockgirle

today i had an awesome awesome lunch with hardly any pts in it at all! I took a cup of peppers half was yellow bell half red bell and then i took a cup of onions and just grilled them up on the george foreman til they were nice and grilled up and wrapped them in two different tortilla shells then i drizzled a tbsp of taco sauce over them it was easy fast and totally filled me up good! try that sometimes its awesome and i had a i pt yogurt for dessert too! yummy!

Guest lulu5724

I almost always eat a Lean Cuisine for lunch. When LC meals go on sale, I stock up! Most of them have only 5 points, although I've found a few 3-point meals. I've never seen one that has more than 6 points. And most of them are quite tasty. I've never had a truly bad Lean Cuisine. Then I usually have yogurt and an apple for an afternoon snack.

If I want fewer points, I bring a salad and some WW veg. soup.

Soyburgers are 1 point each (the Vegan ones). I eat it in sliced bread that's 1 point for two slices...delicious!

You can also buy Gimme Lean. It's soy sausage or "beef" and you can make it any way you want.

Tofu scramble with veggies is another favourite of mine.

I add low calorie pumpkin soup or homemade chicken broth (save the boiled chicken for chicken salad, yum) or lots of vegetables as a side dish.

I also use soy crumbles and red kidney beans to make a vegetarian chili that's low in points and very yummy. I can give you the recipe if you are interested.

I eat one can of Progresso Veggie soup... it's amazing and SO filling and only 4 pts! Sometimes I'll have it with 2 slices of WW bread with ICBINB and a sash of garlic. MMM!

Jen

Empress Sassy Mouth

Stats:

Height: 5'7

HW:180 lbs

SW:162.2lbs (as of 1/03/06)

CW: 149lbs

GW:140lbs

PG:135lbs :D

Thank you all for the great ideas. I appreciate your help. :bcbsalute :wave: :bcbsalute

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

Guest Rejoicing In Him

Everyones suggestions sound great, im going to right those down too.

Here's mine, and I rarely get tired of it:

1 wheat tortilla=3pts

2 tbl. salsa=0pts (read label to make sure)

1/3 cup shreded low-fat cheese

Toast tortilla till crispy on both sides. Add salsa to one side.

Top with cheese. Fold tortilla over to make like taco and enjoy!!!

You can add any opt veggies to that too to make it more filling.

I have a kiwi with that or some 1 pt fruit.

Total pts for tortilla with cheese & salsa= 6 pts. Enjoy!!!

Also check out lean cuisine, smart one meals or make a yummy

salad with shreded cheese, red peper, low fat dressing and a fruit to go with

that if your eating real big for dinner. I've found lately if I eat a satisfying

lunch it keeps me from starving come 4:00!!!!

Lately I've been hooked on Smartones.... I bring one for lunch everyday. I get 26 points so I can afford the frozen dinner.

Jeannette

SW 1/7/06 231.6 :mad:

CW 9/18/08 176.0 :work_out:

Lifetime status 3/3/07

2nd baby due 5/18/08

.png

It was'nt very exciting, but I had a peanut butter sandwich, on Weight Watchers bread, carrot sticks, & I cup of Pumpkin Mousse.

I don't don't know why, but I have'nt really wanted to eat much lately, which is ok, I'd rather eat a bigger dinner.

Lisa

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

Guest WrappinMama

Today I had a cup of soup and cheese and crackers. These Ritz type crackers I bought are only 3 pts for 9 crackers and I use 1 oz of cheddar cheese, sliced thin.

It was 6 pts for the whole thing, the soup was 0.

Guest rachser

I sometimes eat PBJ on WW bread (4 pts) and a ff yougurt (2pts)

Someties a Lean Pocket (6 pts) and cut up veggies (0pts)

LF cottage chesse (2pts) and a fruit cup (1pt) and 100 cal pack (2pts)

Guest cornflkgrl

some days I have a bocca burger on a wheat bun

and a small piece of fruit and some celery

total= 4 points

some days I have salad with tomatoes and cucumber and 2 tbsp. light dressing and 3 oz. grilled chicken

total points= 5 points

some days I have an egg-white omlet with peppers and 1 tbsp. of 2% cheese

if you use 3 egg whites

total points= 3.5 points

some days I have 1 cup of pasta and some garlic and tomatoes sauteed in a tsp. olive oil

total points= 5 points

I don't know if this would qualify as "varied." I always cook up a low-point dish on Sunday that sounds good and is 4 servings. I pack it in 4 containers and take them to work on Monday. That way I don't have to worry about lunch all week, my points are counted out for me already, and its easy. We do Subway on Fridays. Today I made an 8 X 8 layered taco dish - refried beans mixed w/salsa, topped with 3-4 T of sour cream, some scallions, a can of green chilies, and about 6 oz of shredded cheese. I'll put it in 4 containers and count out 9 (big) lowfat tortilla chips per bag. I will have my 4 lunches for the week ready to go, and know that each is 6 points. Makes my life sooo easy, and I get to eat things that my family wouldn't really want for dinner, or wouldn't really qualify as a dinner. Really helps keep me OP, as I don't have to stress out over finding something every day and figuring out the points as I was making it.

Hope this helps!

Beth

Start WW 8/22/02 ~ 214.2

Low 12/22/03 ~ 158

Recommited: 1/4/2011 - 220

Current ~ 217 :bcb_march

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

Maya Angelou