Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GiveMeStrength

Chicken Adobo

Guest GiveMeStrength

:crazy: I decided to post this since it's been my food of the week since I don't have much time to cook being as I work too much LOL Okay this is what I do. My friend's husband is Fillipino and they gave me this chicken adobo recipe but you have to fry the chicken etc... so I changed it and it's awesome. The only points are the points counted for the chicken.

After removing skin from chicken breasts/legs/thighs add to a crock pot - roast pan - pan on stove (any pan will do hehe)

1 whole garlic (chopped) (I'm a garlic freak so I add about 3 tbsp of minced garlic).

1 tsp ground black pepper

4 whole black pepper cloves

3 dried bay leaves

1 cup soy sauce

1 cup vinegar

1 whole lemon (cut into 4) or 1 to 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice

**1/4 can Diet 7up/Sprite (Add near the end of cooking time to add some sweetness).

(I usually cook about 6 - 3oz chicken breasts at a time. You could very easily half the recipe if you have a smaller amount of chicken).

Throw it all together with the raw skinless chicken parts and let is simmer till the chicken is cooked. I usually cook this in the crook pot for about 2 hours on high but you can cook it in the oven for about 1.5 hours @ 350 degrees.

It's so good and low on points. I usually place about 1 cup of brown rice with the chicken sliced on top and pour the liquid from the chicken over everything. Even when the chicken is done there is still quite a bit of juice and it's so good I just add it to the rice without the chicken LOL :D

Guest thystyme

Sounds really good, think I'm going to bulk it up with added veggies.

veggrigh.gif

I made this last night, it's was really good. I made a 1/2 batch and used 2 boneless skinless chicken breast. I ran it through recipe builder and it was 4 pts for 3 servings. I had it over whole wheat thin spaghetti 3 pts. Thanks for the recipe! :)

Lori

SW 245.2

CW 212.4

GW 148

The quality of the life you live has everything to do with what you're willing to give. Ralph Marston

Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment