Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest esmequino

PASTA 0 Points ~(^,^)~

I adore Shiratki noodles and have been eating them for years.

I just can't believe they're not more popular, and I salute the hungrygirl website for finally bringing it to everyone (or at least the dieting public's) attention.

Everyone on Core thinks they have it made with their allowable whole wheat pasta, but I've been eating low point shiratake noodles and can never go back to regular pasta. One bag will leave you stuffed for hours (it's all fiber), and will only have 40 calories.

Hungry girl's fettucine sounds great (on the website). I'll probably be doing an adaptation of her recipe.

Thanks for bringing this website to our attention!

Yes, definately let us know how it tastes and smells. I bought a bag of shirataki noodles (not the tofu ones from House brands, though, just a generic version) and I hated them. They were like clear slimey noodles,and even after washing them tons of times, they tasted slimey and fishy.

I've been thinking of trying the House Tofu Shirataki becasue I hear good things, but have been reluctant to spend the money to order them. Definately let us know!!!

Well, I tried them and thought they were disgusting. Not so much flavor or smell, but the texture made me squirm. I could not get past that. I would love to be able to eat zero point pasta, but these were just so gross, I couldn't stomach them.

I really like them and the plain shirataki. I don't expect them to taste like pasta and usually only have them with asian style dishes. Also I always count a point for them. JMO YMMV

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest foxfire

After I read posts here, and in other places, too I thought these Tofu Shirataki noodles would be awful. Nonetheless, when I was at Whole Foods yesterday, I bought myself 3 packages.

I'm eating them right now, with a bit of soy sauce and rice vinegar, and they are GREAT. They're ramen-noodle like. I'm totally sold on them. I'm not sure I'd want them with tomato sauce or pesto, but they'd be great in a stir-fry.