Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Amperage

Rotating Flex Point Spreadsheet

I've started tracking my points another way and it seems to be working.

Instead of having a start and finish each week, I have a spreadsheet with seven days. Each day has a "target" number of points. I put in how many points I've eaten. At the bottom I have total points eaten, then total flex used in the past week. I try to keep the flex used at 35 exactly.

If I go over, I can cut back on other days. OTOH, if I haven't eaten enough, I know I need to eat a little more. It helps me because I don't hoard points anymore. I'm using the points exactly the same way, but my week now rolls without inducing ANY panic in me and if I don't get to follow the schedule of 7 days perfectly, I can reschedule gradually to get everything back in balance.

It seems simple enough and it's really the same thing as the plan, but it seems to have helped me get into a "lifestyle" rather than a "diet" frame of mind.

Any one else do anything like this?

"Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Cowboys like girls with big calves" - Smokey and the Bandit

Lifetime January 2007

Current goal: 30 AP's a week/5 workouts a week

Guest TNSHAVER

Hi Amperage:

Can I ask you to send me a copy of your spreadsheet, I am looking for something easier and more legible than the points tracker.

My email: tshaver@spherion.ca

Thanks!

Amperage, I do the same as you, only I bank any uneaten points so I have them for the rest of the week.

The older WW points plan had a banking system, and I think it's more realistic to work it this way. I allow myself a set number of points per day, and any not used I just carry over for the next day.

I think it's easier and less complicated than the "35 weekly points" allowed.

Yes, the way we're doing it is not like a diet, it's a lifestyle, but separating points into those "extra" 35 feels like a diet. Why in the world WW did that is beyond me.

Theresa - I'll send it to you when I get home tonight! It's also got my weigh-ins graphed on a separate page

Shepard - I tried Wendie's and actually my points are scheduled in a modified Wendie's, but the concept isn't really Wendie's because it's using the points in a rolling 7 days, which can be Wendies or can be regular WW'ers. Wendie's still looks at discreet weeks rather than days on a continuum.

Joyced - GRIN! I knew there had to be other people out there who've come up with this idea!

Actually, now that I think about it. I'm considering extending the schedule to a rolling 14 days. . .much more long term thinking will have to be incorporated into my eating if it doesn't "fall off" the spreadsheet after 7 days.

"Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Cowboys like girls with big calves" - Smokey and the Bandit

Lifetime January 2007

Current goal: 30 AP's a week/5 workouts a week