Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

FIRMies Check In ~ Week of January 29th

Nights are better for me too, but it depends on the hockey schedule. :D :crazy:

Tiff, I'm right with you on "can't stand it anymore" I'm going to try to modify some FIRM videos with no impact this week and see how it goes. Doing Allies ABS tonight. I miss it so. The cardio rotation on the FBC includes some of the older vids with a lot of high impact. I haven't decided if I'm going to do that or try to make my own. I don't know if I can do Super Cardio without the toe hops. That's one of my favorite parts. I guess I could try to stay grounded. :o

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I just did Calorie Killer for the first time. I hated it the first time and really loved it this time.

I have trouble with my shins during the "hop scotch" move. None of the other jumping though. I just kept them grounded.

What APs do you give yourself for CK? It began as moderate but was def. high somewhere in the late beginning to the end....

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I usually get 3 or 4 for CK according to my HRM depending on how much I put into it. Some days I have more "jump" than others. I love this Workout. I'm going to do it tomorrow, low impact, so I'm planning on 3.

Joanne

Boy was that workout a WORKOUT!!! I had to do the same one I did on Monday according to the rotation schedule and I thought I was doing a whole different workout!!I did make it all the way through again so I am thankful for that!! I am only using 3lb weights for the whole workout. I can't use any weights when its time for the leg presses or the 14 inch step climb. Friday it is Aerobic Body Shaping. Is that as hard or difficult as Supercharged Sculpting? I am excited because I can feel muscles working that I didn't know I had!!

Monday:Supercharged Sculpting, 2 mile walk (DONE!):headover:

Tuesday:Walk/Jog, step aerobics(DONE!):headover:

Wednesday: Supercharged Sculpting, 2 mile walk(DONE!)

Thursday: walk/jog(DONE!)

Friday: 2 mile walk, aerobic body shaping(DONE!!!!!!!)

Saturday: walk/jog, 2.3mile walk(DONE!!!)

Sunday:walk/jog,4 mile walk

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

I would say that ABS is "harder" but you can still modify to your level. It is incredibly fun! Allie is a great instructor. There were some moves I had to watch and learn...:o

It took me a long time to conquer the leg press. I still have to use lower than my heavy weight sometimes. Starting with 3# is great but don't be afraid to try a little higher on some exercises. You may be stronger than you think.

Amy-SAHM of 4

I usually give myself 5 APs for the Calorie Killer. I kind of use my WW High Intensity workout tape as a very loose guideline, because when I do that tape at my current weight, it's 5 points. I work much harder at Calorie Killer, but I don't want to overestimate.

Have to say - this is one of my favs. I remember Joanne saying that it starts out as a nice workout and sneaks up on you. She's so right!

Just had to add this note - I just completed Express Cardio. When I usually do this, I go the low impact route (sometimes these 38DD's can't handle the other stuff). Tonight when it came to the quick leg press, I did it! And the 3-knee repeater that changes into scissors - I did it!

Small victories, I know, but I'm getting there!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

I think I'm going to buy Express Cardio.

BTW, Heidi, I have a sports bra that allows me to do the jumping. It really holds things where they need to go! I wear the same size as you and when I was breastfeeding I wore a 38F! Seriously, I love it and I couldn't do the Firm aerobics without it!

Amy-SAHM of 4

Hm, I've seen Express Cardio at Wal Mart for like 9 dollars and I think it's part of the BSS3 series? Sounds like a good workout. How are the aerobic moves as far learning to follow them?

Sheesh, DD's and F's? I'm in the mammarically challenged group. :) I don't even really need a sports bra :embarrass

Casey, I'm with you. All I need is a tight t-shirt. :embarrass

Express Cardio has some challenging moves, but it's fun once you learn them. Of course there really aren't any workouts since bss1 that I don't like.

Joanne

Hi all, more PT for me today. I swam 2 days in a row. Tonight was not as strenuous as some of the others. We did lots of 50-yard "drills" to learn technique for freestyle and backstroke. I learned a lot. I don't know ANY technique so I get to improve really fast.

I have ABS scheduled for tomorrow (Thurs.). I seem to remember liking everything except the bunny hops (I roll my eyes at the cowbells in the music every time), and they are tolerable with my new sports bras. I use a sports bra rated 4 dumbbells at titlenine.com. I have 2 styles and both work great. Another good thing about the water, I guess (my B/C's don't bounce at all).

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

That's where I found my bras.

Casey, it may be hard to believe, but I'd trade for a nice B cup any day. Let's just say, gravity is not my friend and I'm only 29!

Are there any Firm cardios that promote endurance? I know that 20 min aerobics are "all the rage" right now, and I like them when they are high intensity. But I'd like a nice solid 45 min cardio from the Firm, do they exsist?

Amy-SAHM of 4

But I'd like a nice solid 45 min cardio from the Firm, do they exsist?

Fat Blaster , Tough Cardio Mix (a parts video), and Ultimate Calorie Blaster are about 45 minutes total including warm up and cooldown.

Maximum Cardio Burn is about 55 minutes

Super Cardio is about an hour but it's a lot of plyos and jumping.

There are a couple older "parts" videos that I just got but haven't done yet, Core Cardio 1 and 2. I've been trying to get Cardio Step Mix that's out of print but I keep getting outbid on ebay. I'm not paying $50 for a VHS. Heck I'm not paying $25, so I may not ever get it unless they re-release it.

Joanne

I'd trade for a nice B cup any day

Me too :embarrass I just wish everything else would shrink as fast as those do. That's why I try and work extra hard on my abs, to at least try and give the "illusion" of a chest :)

I actually have two 4-barbell bras from Title 9 - and love 'em - but sometimes I still don't feel "secure"! :crazy:

I previewed my Biggest Loser workout DVD last night and am VERY disappointed. I can't workout when the beat doesn't match the motions!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

That is why I can't do Kathy Smith videos. I think she's a great instructor but the woman can't keep time! It's VERY tough to do a video like that!

Amy-SAHM of 4

Interesting you'd say that. I have only had trouble with one Kathy Smith video as far as keeping time, the rest have been fine. But I have mostly older vids (older than my oldest FIRMs). The most recent one I have (lift weights to lose weight 2) is awful. But given that I can't do step aerobics on cardio days, all of the FIRM "C" type workouts are off limits for me, and I have to find something else. Right now I'm swimming but that won't always be available.

I guess I need to skip the Biggest Loser workout too.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

I previewed my Biggest Loser workout DVD last night and am VERY disappointed. I can't workout when the beat doesn't match the motions!

I have to say that really bugs me too. I did enjoy the BL workout however. I've only done it once, I'm hoping I will get used to it.

I saw Express Cardio, Hips/Thighs & Abs (hope I've got that right) and a couple of the Leslie Sansone dvds at Costco today for about $9. They also had a couple of Crunch cardio dvds and the 4 dvd set of Winsor Pilates.

The Wal*Mart near me had a fairly good selection last month, but they never re-stocked and now one of the 2 sections of workout tapes is just gone. So much for New Years Resolutions I guess! :p Now I'm wishing I had picked up a couple more of the Crunch dvds.

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

Someone please tell me that the Aerobic Body Shaping DVD is 100 AP's!!!! It was a very good but challenging workout!!! I love these workouts because they are really challenging and I love the rotation. I am not doing the same one everyday. I am going to invest in some more Dvd's. I will start with some of the ones that I see everybody else listing up here.

I do have a couple of questions

-I am 209.8, and the ABS dvd was 55min would that be considered high intensity? I know that I would not be able to carry on a conversation.

-When you started the firm, did you lose more inches than weight? Were you still able to lose even though you were building muscle all along?

-Will it ever get easier? I have not started using the 5 or 8# weights yet!! I know it is only my third day, but I just want to know what to expect. I really like the firm and I am very glad that I found this thread. You all are so helpful. Thank you in advance!!

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

-I am 209.8, and the ABS dvd was 55min would that be considered high intensity? I know that I would not be able to carry on a conversation.

I usually get 4 or 5 APs for this which is between moderate and high on the slider since it's not high the whole time. It's probably not 100 APs for you :D but it may be 6 or 7. I use a HRM now to figure my APs.

-When you started the firm, did you lose more inches than weight? Were you still able to lose even though you were building muscle all along?

I didn't find the FIRM until after I was at my WW Goal. I actually put on some weight while my measurements went down. It works differently for everyone. Carla lost all along I believe. Don't get discouraged whatever happens.

-Will it ever get easier?

YES, it does get easier! For me it's always still challenging, but it's easier in the way that I know the steps and I can always make it harder with more weight.

Joanne

(oops duplicate post) :embarrass

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!

I picked up Lower Body Sculpt last night at Wegman's (of all places). They had a bunch of exercise DVDs on sale for $10 each, I guess to catch what's left of the New Years Resolutions. I have the matching upper body tape, so I hope it's a good pairing. It'll come around in my rotation eventually. I switched my Thurs. and Fri. workouts because I got home too late last night to do a full workout.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!

-I am 209.8, and the ABS dvd was 55min would that be considered high intensity? I would say yes. I like to knock off a bit from the warm up and stretches, etc. I think at your weight you'd probaby get 7 or 8.

I have not been dropping pounds like crazy, I have been losing inches. That doesn't mean the scale won't budge, I just know that if I'm staying POP and my workouts are intense, I know it will happen.

-Will it ever get easier? I have not started using the 5 or 8# weights yet!! YES! If I can do it, any one can. You will be amazed at your own progress. Fitness comes very quickly to beginners. You'll be using those weights in no time!

Amy-SAHM of 4

BTW, Nikki, make sure tomorrow is a pure cardio day or a rest day!

I have my own questions:

Should I buy a new sculpting stick or a 10# body bar?

Should I buy 18# weights or go right to 20#? Mostly I need it for the single arm lat rows...

Amy-SAHM of 4

Thank you so much everyone for answering my questions. I am just excited to be able to "do" the Firm. Everyone that I talked to(outside of BCB) told me not to do it, it would be too hard for me and I would get tired of it, etc. There are so many tapes that there is no way I could get tired of it. Once again, thank you for your answers to my questions!!

Youngfrankenstein-18#and 20# weight!!?!! Wow! I can't wait to get there!!

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

Should I buy a new sculpting stick or a 10# body bar?

Should I buy 18# weights or go right to 20#? Mostly I need it for the single arm lat rows...

Amy, I would probably get the body bar, unless it was more expensive. I never take the twigs off my SS, I just use 2 or 3 pound weights.

I haven't seen 18s. I went right from 15 to 20 for single arm lat row. But 18s would be good to have for lower body. Did you see them in a store? I haven't really been looking.

Joanne