Health Discovery Network
Keri C

7-point Fettucine Alfredo - OUTSTANDING!

* Exported from MasterCook *

I arbitrarily pulled this out of the Oxmoor House "Weight Watchers Simple and Classic Home Cooking cookbook, and we were very impressed. Robert was thrilled with having what tasted to him like the good old "heart-attack-on-a-plate". If you love Fettucine Alfredo, try this one out. Granted, if you had a full plate-full (a double serving of 2 full cups) you'd be looking at 14 points, but that's still doable if you plan your day right! Beats the fool out of the "real" stuff that you'll get a restaurant for a minimum of 25 points a pop.

Fettucine Alfredo - 6 cups at 7 points each. KEEPER

Recipe By :Weight Watchers

Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : Pasta

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

-------- ------------ --------------------------------

12 ounces fettucine

1 teaspoon butter

5 cloves garlic

1/2 cup chicken broth, fat-free (Swanson) -- (called for white wine)

2 cups half-and-half, fat free

2 tablespoons flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 cup grated parmesan cheese -- called for 1 1/4 cup but 1 cup was plenty

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and keep warm. while pasta cooks, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Thinly slice 2 cloves garlic; add to butter. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly until lightly browned. Increase het to medium high; add wine [broth], and bring to a simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.

Combine 2 tablespoons half-n-half and flouor, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to wine mixture; add remaining half and half, stirring well. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes (I simmered almost ten, until pasta was done. It does NOT get much thicker than cream, but don't worry...) Stir in salt and pepper.

Pour half-n-half mixture over noodles; toss well. Mince remaining garlic; toss with noodle mixture, and stir in parmesan. Garnish with additional pepper and cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.

Makes six 1-cup servings at 7 points each.

I served with Casual Gourmet Chicken, Spinach, and Asiago Cheese sausauges (2 points per link), and generous servings of steamed broccoli and baby carrots.

Source: ""Weight Watchers Simple and Classic Home Cooking", page 70. Oxmoor House, 2000"

Yield: "6 cups"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 345 Calories; 6g Fat (15.7% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 54g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 12mg Cholesterol; 517mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!

Nutr. Assoc. : 3274 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

HW 315. Restart 276.4 at 8-19-10 .:bcb_kick:

SW 276.4; CW 276.4; WWG 175; PG 162 :bcbkickbu

Is that with white flour pasta? I'll bet using whole wheat could knock a point off. I love alfredo. Most of the "fake" recepies look gross. This one looks good!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Yes, that's using straight plain fettucine, as the recipe indicated. We always use Dreamfield's pasta, which does indeed knock off about a point, as I'm sure any of the good whole grain or high-fiber pastas would as well.

Not something I'd do every day, but it's an excellent treat! :D

Keri C

Guest Creampuff

That DOES look really good! I also recently found (in the cook it quick book) the fettucini with creamy spinach sauce and we enjoyed that as well..

Guest LindaWing

Hi Keri, Thanks for the recipe. I'm on CORE so I'm gonna tweak this a little more to make it lower in points for me. I've used FF canned milk and I wonder if a little yogurt cheese might make it creamier. WW noodles, add some garlic and mushroom. Only the cheese trips my up so just use a little less. Sounds awesome!

Guest LindaWing

I had to tell you, I used the basis of this recipe to make my Carbonara recipe CORE style! Instead of using the FF half and half that isn't CORE, I used chicken broth, 2 T flour (I counted that) FF evap canned milk and I put probably 1/4 FF Ricotta cheese I had. It made it cheesy, creamy and then I added 1/4 of grated Parm Cheese (counted that) and WW fettucine noodles. I sauteed my mushrooms, garlic in healthy oil, and put diced chicken breasts and my chicken Italian sausage (would you believe 1 pt ea!)and broccoli florets. Oh baby it was good! We will be fighting over the left overs!

When I put this into the WW recipe builder, it comes back as 5 pts/serving. Any idea why?

fettucini alfredo

POINTS® values per serving | 5

Servings | 6

Main Meals |

Ingredients

12 oz cooked fettucine

1 tsp butter

1/2 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth

2 cup fat-free half and half

2 Tbsp all-purpose flour

1/2 tsp table salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

5 clove garlic clove(s)

Guest laralosing4good

sounds wonderful, I'm going to try it 2night!:)

Antoy, I'm not sure why it would come up so differently, unless it's just due to the nutritionals in the WW database as opposed to the nutritionals in the Mastercook database.

I think I like the WW calculation better, though! :)

Keri C

When I put this into the WW recipe builder, it comes back as 5 pts/serving. Any idea why?

My guess would be that you used cooked pasta in your calculation and I would bet Keri's MC used dry.

12 oz cooked fettucine

12 ounces fettucine

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189