Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
ZoeyB97

Just 1 Day

:confused: :crazy: I have a question...

I have been on the program for over a year now, & I was wondering if any of you have ever taken just 1 day out of the blue, & decided to eat whenever & whatever you have wanted for just 1 day, & then gone right back on program the next day? I see no harm in this as long as it does'nt become very often.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did it yesterday, & I was honestly looking forward to getting back OP this morning, because I knew playtime was over.

Have a good day.

Lisa

AKA Zoey

This is part of my journey, glad to have you all with me, to keep me company along the ride...

For Christmas of 2004, my parents bought me pants that were a Size 18!

For this year they bought me Size 10!

Joined WW in Jan of 05 & made Lifetime in Aug of 05:strong: :) :D .

Please read the BCB Philosophy

A BCB does not ever DELIBERATELY go off program for ANY REASON. There are NO EXCUSES for ever going off program. We will face challenges each day of our life, and have to learn that stress or social situations are not reason to go off program. We as a BCB must always PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!

The beauty of the WW plan is that there is no reason to take a day off as you can plan in any food you are craving. I'm not saying I've never slipped or gone off program, but when I do I make a plan for getting right back on program.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I agree with Joanne. There is really no reason to deliberately go off plan, since there are flex points that you can plan to use if you want to splurge. I think that if I planned to go off plan, that it would be very difficult to jump back on board. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. If you are going "off" the plan, if feels more like a diet than a change for life.

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Guest cornflkgrl

When I was on weight watchers before (not this time) I would not record anything on Saturday. I took a free day. I just didn't even think about it. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted but ONLY on Sat. and then perfect all week long. This actually worked. I didn't bother with the flex points at all and I actually lost between 1-2 pounds a week doing this....

UNTIL....

Well, I thought if I can get away with a free day on Sat. why no part of a free day on Sun. too. That was okay for a while, I continued to lost like 1/2 pound a week....then, I decided Sun was all free too, hey, why not and pretty soon my whole weekend was junk food and then trying to make up for it during the week and feeling all stressed and ended up maintaining this way and not losing anything and that was right around the time I gave up on WW for a while after losing 11 pounds and starting my stupid "free weekend" thing.

Now I write down EVERYTHING, even if I have a really junky food day, I still tally the points and write it down because I am way more accountable that way even if I do have an off program day I still write it all down so I can see that I ate a large thing of fries or a large shake and also ate 8 cookies and drank 3 cokes or whatever. I need to see that because if I don't record it, it is like it never happened and I WAY underestimate the amount I'm eating.

Just my opinion!

Of course we all become frustrated sometimes and it is our birthday,anniversary,pity me day why do I have to always count these friggin points to fit into my jeans days---but in the end as stated in the previous post it can lead to more and more of these days and beware it will come back to you in your butt,tummy, etc. SO count count count, plan plan plan, and in the end you look and feel great without guilt. Afterall, I could never have a truly free day I am burdened with guilt till the week ends. It is my birthday monday and tom is the big dinner out. I will try to pick items that I know will not wreck my week and I am exercising in the morning to make up for some extra calories I will consume. Not starving for the rest of the week because of one day sounds good to me. Hope this is honest and helpful.

pudgie lifeti:exercise: me

I have to agree with all of the above posters. I can especially relate to what cornflkgirl says. If you take one day "off", it usually leads to more and that's never a good thing. I think it can also be misleading, because often times, the "splurge" day doesn't show up right away. Then you get on the scale and thing, hmm, I didn't gain, so I can do this more often. Then it catches up to you and before you know it, you've got a gain.

In the "old" days, I used to think like you did. Like you, I was a new lifetimer and thought I had "arrived" and could take days off and "enjoy" myself more. It got me right back where I started. Thing too, was it never made me feel "better" to take a day off. After I'd wonder why I even bothered, most of the time I was eating just to eat, not savoring something I truly enjoyed. Then I realized, like Joanne said, I can have all the things I want, so there was no need to take off for a day.

I think if you look at the long time lifetimers, you'll see they don't take "days" off or plan to go off plan. That says it all for me.

Guest tanabee23

Oh this is an older post but I thought I would put my two cents. My uncle always said if you mess up on your diet, it takes 3 days of working out to correct it. I know this isn't an atkins site, But they also say that. It's best to stay op then you feel better and it helps prepare you better!

Absolutely NOT!

One day can lead to two days, which leads to going off program totally!

That being said, it's just like what the other posters said. You can choose to eat ALL your weekly flex points on one day, as well as all your APs you earn that day and have a pretty high point day for those "splurge" times/occasions. But it's *planned* for and not going off program. For me, it comes down to the element of control. If i *chose* to do that, i'm in control. I know what i'm doing and make it a conscious decision.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A