Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

FIRMies Check In ~ week of February 5th

I checked the sticky already and saw all the videos listed and the ones that target certain areas, but I am wanting to know which videos really work the waist the most. I know cardio is great for it, but just like the JF arms and abs and hips ,thighs videos, I am looking for something that will really work my midsection the best. Not so much the muscles, but help me to rid some of the flab over the muscles. I am sorry for all the questions, but I have never been so excited about a workout program(other than the Couch to 5k that I am doing now) like I am about the Firm. I have already began noticing a difference in my strength and endurance. I love it!! I actually found the FirmBasics fat burning wo in a box of old VHS tapes I had. How I got it? I couldn't tell you, but just anxious to see how it is. But I am looking for the best video to key in on the flab around my midsection. Once again, sorry for all the questions and inquiries.I promise if you help me and answer all my questions, I will post a pic in my new bikini to show you what all of your help has produced!!!hehehehe!!!!!

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

Nikki, From all the reading I've done, you can't spot reduce, but cardio will help burn the fat all over. Unfortunately, we don't have control of where it comes from first. There are several ab workouts, but those aren't going to shrink your waist without cardio and good eating.

Ab Sculpt

Jiggle Free Abs

FIRM Abs

Older "parts" videos. Ab workouts from other videos compiled into one tape

5-Day Abs

More 5-Day Abs

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Behind again with posting, but FIRMING away and loving it. :)

S-TMS

M-Elliptical

T-CBS

W-FBC/JFA

T-TMS

F-Elliptical

S-FBC/JFA

Amy, your new avatar is adorable. What cuties you have :)

Heidi, I couldn't get the link to work!:o

destiny'smom: It's true, you can just choose to "work on" your waist. It will come in time. Generally, women gain at the hips first, then the waist, the the arms. The weight comes off in reverse order. Anything from The Firm will tackle all of these areas! Take some measurements! You will see results.

I still have too much flab on my tummy to feel much of the muscle, but I've lost almost 3" in my waist since December. It works!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

My body doesn't want to leave the floor today!

Stephanie Huckabee should be jailed for attempted womanslaughter!:work_out:

Amy-SAHM of 4

.... I will post a pic in my new bikini to show you what all of your help has produced!!!hehehehe!!!!!

If you do that, do I have to post a pic of me in my Speedo? :jump_jack :crazy:

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Nikki, have fun on your trip! We definately want to hear the details!

Joanne, thanks for posting that travel workout! Do you think that is something that should be added to the Exercise Sticky?

Heidi, I think I missed something... what did you do? I couldn't get the link for your picture to work either.

I saw the Dr. yesterday for my 1st follow-up appt and all is good. He said I can start to increase my workouts, but to take it easy and listen to my body.. if it hurts, don't do it! I still feel sooooooo fatigued :ugh: , but he said that is normal too. He also said there will still be days when I just don't feel up to doing anything at all and that is OK, just rest. It's been just over 2 weeks and I am tired of feeling tired I tell ya! I did Firm Express Total Body Shaping today and it wore me out... I am headed back to the couch.

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

Great idea Tiffany! I just posted it there.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Joanne

Thanks Joanne! How's your leg?

Tiffany - My Pictures

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

Tiffany, It's getting better, but after Core Cardio today I can tell it's not ready for impact yet. It's hard to stay grounded sometimes. :jump_jack

I just did a lot of squats since there were so many plyos in this.

Joanne

Glad to hear it's getting better! I'm so impressed by those of you that can do plyos. I do everything "grounded" - I need to get some better support for the girls :p

Generally, women gain at the hips first, then the waist, the the arms. The weight comes off in reverse order.

Someone needs to tell my poor arms this! I have only lost 3/4 of an inch from my upper arms in 11 months of WW and working out (from day one).

Tiffany - My Pictures

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

Sorry my link won't work! Darn! I'm just not computer saavy enough, I guess.

Calypso - I did a Ropes Challenge Course that took me WAY out of my comfort zone, but I'm so proud I did it! If I can get some help, I'll see if I can post my little Yahoo! slide show.

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Tiff, I think that I made a very general statement. That's what "the fitness books" say. I'm sure each individual is different!

Great support is a huge part of making the Firm doable for me. Like Joanne said, sometimes it's hard to stay grounded. Try http://www.title9sports.com they rate support by barbell. (higher the barbell, more support)

Amy-SAHM of 4

Heidi, that sounds so cool! That would definately be out of my comfort zone too. I would love to see your slideshow. I'm very proud of you too! :strong:

Amy, I'm sorry... I knew it was a general statement. I was :p when I wrote that. My upper arms are a big frustration of mine though. I know we all have our "trouble spots". Mine is my arms (and my "apron"!). They have always been big. The more weight I lose the bigger my wingspan gets :ugh: and I'm still not losing size.

Thanks for the link for the bras. I was resisting spending the $$ until I was closer to goal. But you're right, it is important and I AM WORTH IT :D

Tiffany - My Pictures

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

If the Ultimate Calorie Blaster was the first dvd on the rotation plan when I first got it, I would have quit by now. I could not understand until know about the coordination problems and learning of the steps problems until I did this one. 20 min in I had decided that I did not like this dvd at all!!Not because it was challenging, but because I felt like when I was just getting one step conquered, off to another one and faster and double time! I hope all of Stephanies are not like this or I may have to stray from her dvds until I get up enough stamina. I had not had any trouble getting through the whole workouts until this one. I can even get through ABS which is 55min with no problems. I almost passed out!! Maybe it is because she does more on the tall box steps than the other ones? I don't know. I do Supercharged Sculpting on Friday and then I have to start Monday off with MISS STEPHANIE then I do her again on Friday of next week as well. My goal is to be able to get all the way through. I hope it gets easier from here. This workout is the exact type of workout that I would usually let be the object of my failure to continue. But I will not let it beat me. I will get all the way through it and try to work some other dvd's into my rotation because this one is not my cup of tea at this time and at my fitness level!! Are all of hers this difficult?

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

Nikki, great. I have to do this one tonight for the first time (we are, after all, on the same schedule since we started at the same time!) I am a little nervous now. But I will do it and see how it goes. I am very uncoordinated, so much so that the last one I did I was having difficulty with, but I am getting better. At least it is a great workout! :)

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Brooke, It is a wonderful, wonderful workout, but for me it is my least favorite! Don't be nervous. That is just my opinion about Stephanie Huckabee. She is hard and hard to follow for me. I didn't have many problems with the others but you may find Stephanie to be the easiest for you. Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Nikki

SW 230.6(01/15/11)

CW 199.9(1/20/12)

I did it yesterday! Yes, all of Miss Steph's videos are tough. I really didn't love her in the beginning but now I love that UCB is there. I really enjoy it. It's tough! I hate the tall box segment with weights but I hang in there.

Amy-SAHM of 4

How funny - I actually enjoy Miss Stephanie! UCB is one of my favorites (next to Calorie Killer) but Amy's right about the tall box segment. The heel drag is a KILLER! But my thighs are shaping up! :)

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

There were a number of FIRM videos that I didn't think I would like when I first tried them and now are among my favorites. Super Cardio Mix is the biggest turn around. I swore I would never do it again, now I'm sad cause I can't do the toe hops till my leg heals up. :(

Joanne

I just finished the Ultimate Calorie Blaster and it was tough! I just couldn't keep up with the moves. This one might take me a little longer to get the hang of, but I think I can manage it :)

Brooke ~ HW: 217.0 ~ SW: 211.6 (10/24/09)~ CW: 208.2 (as of 12/12/09) ~ WWGW: 155 ~ PGW: 145

Not a good FIRM day today. Doing Total Muscle Shaping with Stephanie, so I'm getting my weights to set them on the couch and have them ready, I was hurrying and dropped them more than set them and they bounced up and pinched my finger and now it's all swollen. Then I'm doing my side step off the box and my shoe lace catches and I go tumbling. Then I'm doing the pec fly thing with the other weight mishap forgot to get my light weights, so did it with 10lb ones and think I pulled a muscle in my chest. Can hardly breathe or move on the right side. Eek, I should have stayed in bed this morning.

I can relate, Casey! I hurt myself so easily! I get sloppy with my weights and do a "dip" right on top of them. Any time the 8" step is used, I end up tripping somewhere. Sorry you got hurt!:buddysmoo

Brooke, remember this moment. In the near future, when you look forward to UCB, remember how you felt today!

Joanne, I know what you mean. I "threw" Cardio Killer out after my first try. It's been 8 months and I tried it the other day, really like it!

I did JF Buns last night at 7 and JF Arms last night at 9. I had to watch American Idol, but I wanted to earn a few more APs and I had a lot of energy left!

Q: My left arm seems to be much weaker than my right when I do JF Arms, do I just have to live with that?

Amy-SAHM of 4