Health Discovery Network
Joyced

Do You Count Half Points?

I'm finding that technically, since our slide does not account for half points, I don't count them and try and squeeze every point out of food. I just round off to the next highest point.

I'm just curious, do you guys count half points or just round up like the slide does? I'm finding it easier to just deal with whole numbers (or shall we say points)!

Guest sotm121097

i do the samething you do...i can't be bothered with counting half points...i usually round up myself it's much easier to keep track.

well after going on etools- I definitely do because the ww online system does and tho I am not on etools anymore- it makes sense to do so. So I do.

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

I don't worry over half points. The slider rounds to the nearest point and so do I. That means that over the long term I round both ways, I figure it probably balances out.

It's worked for me since Points came out (almost 8 years).

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Whatever number the slider lands on is what I use. The whole joy of WW is that I don't have to think too much about it.

Sharon

If the slider ends up exactly on the line between 2 numbers, I call it a half; otherwise, I go with whatever number it's closest to.

I also use halves if something is listed as 1.5 points or if I eat half of a 3 point item or whatever.

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Rarely do I use half points. I used the "old-fashioned" slider too. Like, Dawn said, maybe if I *know* I'm having half a serving or something...

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I prefer to use 1/2 points- it just works better for me mentally.

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I think I use whole points most of the time but there are times when I use 1/2. If the slider lands pretty close or right in between the two I use 1/2. Also, with my activity points I use half. Today, I calculated with the formula that I earned 1.819 activity points. I counted it as 1 1/2 and intend to eat them! :o)

Renee

I use half points. It never occurred to me not to:)

Carrie

:cool:

Total Lost: -107

I choose life!!!

I'm with Darci...I use half points wherever *necessary*!!

Debbie

HW: 200

SW: 154 (8/20/05)

CW: 148.2

WWGW: 133

PGW: 125

5'5"