Health Discovery Network
MRSchultz

Not the results I wanted - FIRM question.

Hi everyone:

Well - I took The Firm 10 workout challenge and did not get the results I was hoping for AT ALL. I was very faithfully with my workouts, gave it 100% and ate very clean. I waited to weigh myself until the challenge was over and I GAINED 4 pounds. P-L-E-A-S-E tell me that this could be muscle???? My clothes do fit just a very little bit better, but I was sure hoping for some AWESOME results like the infomercial says.

Any comments? Feedback? Help?? Kick in the butt?? :o

Thanks - I enjoy doing them for the most part so I will probably give it another 10 workouts and see what happens then? Maybe my body just needs to catch up to the exercise????

~Marcia~

187(start)/187(now)/150WW/135P<br /><br />Be Smart, Do It For YOURSELF!

Hi Marcia, There are a couple things to consider. First, read the article Why The Scale Lies... When we start weight training our bodies hold on to water to help repair the muscle. I gained when I started FIRMing as well. Also make sure you're eating enough (and the right balance of foods) to fuel your workouts. Make sure you get plenty of lean protein and enough healthy fats. If you body thinks it's starving it will hold onto everything it can.

On the FIRM board they have a FAQ about what to expect and one of the things is that some people will experience a slight gain when they first start or start to feel bulky as the muscle starts to get stronger, but the fat hasn't started to burn off yet. For some people it takes several months for the scale to start reflecting the results. The FIRM does guarantee visible results, unfortunately, it's not always the results we want to show first. I know my results were more in muscle tone in my arms and legs than any real reduction in size or weight. If your clothes are fitting better than that is a great result! I know I love my FIRM workouts and get grumpy when I can't do them. If you like the workouts, stick with it. The results will come. I love how :strong: these workouts make me feel! HTH

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

That doesn't suprise me. All of my "results" were in muscle strength and seeing my muscles pop out a bit. I have nice "cuts" in the fat.:D

Don't give up. Take those measurements and the weight will follow!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I have been a lifetimer for a while and I was up a few pounds when I started the FIRM back in mid December. I lost initially, but since then have gained slightly. But seeing how much better my body looks is keeping me going. For the first time ever in my life.......my thighs don't touch! And they don't jiggle. They are "firm" :) I have defined shoulders and biceps (still wish my triceps would catch up, but I think that's a really hard muscle to get) My stomach is flatter than ever and my energy level is way up.

I know if I hadn't been through all this so many times, I might be feeling like you do. But you're doing your body good. It will pay off in the end.