Health Discovery Network
LilPup

South Beach Products and foods

I just saw that South Beach has come out with Breakfast wraps. I think 3 varieties. Has anyone ever tried their products? I tried one of the lunch wraps and wasn't too impressed, but that is all I have ever tried. Any comments??

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

I tried the penne & chicken in roasted red pepper sauce with broccoli (got it free with a coupon). This was the most disgusting meal I've have ever seen, so much so that I threw it out. After cooking, the broccoli was swimming in water and had a thick black long hair in it! The penne/chicken was also swimming in the watered down sauce and the penne had a weird texture to it. I emailed Kraft and let my dissatisfaction be known. They sent apologies up the wazoo and sent me a check for $5.00. I'll stick to Lean Cuisine, WW and Budget Gourmet when I'm going to have a frozen meal.

Anne

I thought the lunch wrap was EXPENSIVE, tiny and the wrap also had a strange texture. But I LOVE wraps

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

Guest sotm121097

wow..sorry to hear that, i know it would have definately grossed me out big time when i see a hair it just turns me off to eating for a little bit.

I just had the All American Breakfast Wrap this morning - it was AWESOME! Comes two to a box for $3.99 at my Albertson's. 4 points and 15g fiber. I had it with a small banana, and was full until lunchtime. I will definitely buy these again - well worth it in my opinion.

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

The South Beach pizzas are awesome.

They are loaded with protein and fiber and really fill you up.

Around here, they're on sale often, so I like to stock up on them. They make a good quick meal with some nuked veggies. Plus the pizzas (all varieties) taste great!

I really enjoy the South Beach foods. The lunch wraps are good, very filling, and the cookies and whole wheat crackers are great too. I'm waiting for the breakfast wraps to come to my area.

It's true that the food is expensive, but in my opinion it's very high quality, and not that more expensive than the others out there.

I like the south beach stuff, but echo the warnings re: the high sodium and fat content! Their fiber content is usually VERY high too.

I liked the Southwest chicken wrap (better than the asian one). I LOVE their pizzas. I had one of their frozen dinners too last week (I think it was Kung Pao Chicken?) IT was pretty tasty! I like having the frozen dinners available for those times when the family wants something that either i don't want, or i choose not to spend the points on.

I agree that they seem to have more protein and veggies in them and less heavy on the sauces than other frozen dinners. I like that

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Guest Catrina

I liked the breakfast wraps and the pizza's. They are kinda expensive, but if you watch you can get them on sale and there are always coupons in the paper for them.

Based on the reviews here, I went to Super Wally and bought the Southwest breakfast burrito (actually I bought one box of each flavor) and ate in on Sunday. They were $3.12 for two AND it is only 3 pts for the SW). I actually enjoyed it. Great quick breakfast. I have looked at those pizza's for a long time.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

I've drooled over the pizza--now I'm going to try it! The Smart Ones pizza is "OK", nothing to write to home about. Haven't tried the other stuff, but plan to!:wave:

Em

SW 189.5

CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)

Lifetime 12/06 at 155#

"Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

I love the Southbeach breakfast wraps. I am able to get them from Walmart for $2.83 [ 2 comes in a box).

These are one of my favorite breakfast items.

SW: 228.80, 9/15/ 05

WW: 173.00, 9/15/06

WW: 170.00, 9/15/07

01/07/06: 25lbs Gone!!!!, WW 25lb. Magnet

01/21/06: Reached ONEDERLAND!!!!

08/05/06: Reached LIFETIME !!!

:goal::goal:: Total Loss FOREVER: (-58.80):strong::strong::strong:

Maintaining: 170.00

GW: 180.00

Guest Hailey

I've tried just about everything south beach has out, and I have to say I loved all of it I absolutely love the peanut butter bars!:p

I love the breakfast wraps. Actually...thats what Im having for lunch today.

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

I tried the Cheese wedges ( like laughing cow) but about $.50 cheaper. they were softer than laughing cow but just as tasty! :)

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

Found the breakfast wraps on sale at my Wal Mart for 1.98 a box yesterday. I love them.

Never giving up - May 7, 2008

SW -253.5

CW -251.5

GW - 120

I like the pizzas, want to try the wraps still but have yet to do so, and just tried the chocolate peanut butter bars the other day. Really good and a nice sized bar, but you need to have 4 available points for it. Otherwise good.

Oh, and I tried their chocolate chip oatmeal cookies--wasn't really impressed, so I get the reduced fat chips ahoy when I want cookies (1 pt each). Yummy!

Recomitted 1/14/08

SW: 134

CW: 130

GW: 115

Total Weight Lost: 4 pounds

Mini-goal: 125

(Reward: tennis racquet)

I just tried the South Beach Pepperoni pizza because my grocery store had them on sale. I really liked them & I enjoyed the whole wheat crust! Good!

weight.png

Just tried the South Beach Balsamic Vinegar Salad Dressing. Not too bad. I will add it to my list to buy again.

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

I just tried the SB Southwestern Breakfast Wraps and they are awesome, especially for just 3 points. I like to spoon salsa into mine.

I also get the pizza's regularly. They are very good and loaded with fiber.

BTW-There are Lean Pockets breakfast sandwiches that are pretty good too. I think they are 3 points as well but not quite as big/filling as the wraps.

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

How many points is the South Beach pepperoni pizza?

pizza16.gif

Guest AKateisaKate

Their Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies come in a pack of 2 which is 2 pts, but they are HARD as a rock! I liked the Southwestern lunch wraps (taste), but it didn't really fill me. However, it had like, 22 g of protein and 15 g fiber.

I'm pretty sure that most of the pizza's are 6 points.

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

I must be the only one who likes the lunch wraps. I've tried both the Southwestern one (Tyson southwest flavored chicken breast cubes, cheddar cheese, and salsa) and the cesear one (diced chicken breast, cesear dressing, and parm. cheese). I thought they were very handy for lunch and only 5 pts for the whole thing! Plus, they come with a SF Strawberry jello for dessert.

They were on sale at Kroger for $1.74 each, so I stocked up. I still have to try the club wraps (turkey breast, bacon bits, cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing). I'll let you know!

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135

Krogers had the South Beach pizzas on sale this week so I bought every flavor that they had: Chicken & Veggies, Pepperoni, and Four Cheese.

They all calculate at 7 points each.pizza16.gif

I've only eaten the pepperoni so far it was okay.:o