Health Discovery Network
Meghuney

You don't have to clean your pot anymore!

Hi there all you crockpot lovers! I didn't know if anyone had posted this already,so if they have, just ignore this post, please!

I found Reynold's crockpot liners at WalMart and they work just great. I used it when cooking a roast last week. It was SO much better than cleaning the crockpot. I just took the bag out and threw it away!! Wonderful! :jump_jack

WW re-commit: December 18,2006

SW: 132.5

CW: 132.5

GW: 120

12/18:

12/25:

1/1:

Guest Blue_Butterfly

I saw the commercial for these, they look great! Now all I need is a crockpot.

COOL! I'm all about fast clean up! Did you find them near the ziploc bags etc?

Yes, they were on that same aisle. I am such a priss and picky person. I HATE cleaning nasty dishes that have stuff caked on them. I especially hated cleaning our crockpot.

The liners really do work well. I have used them twice now.

12/18:

12/25:

1/1:

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

I just saw that commercial too! Do they come in different sizes? I have a pretty big oval shaped crockpot. I hope they will have 1 to fit mine! I hate cleaning that big thing--why didn't I think of these liners?? LOL

I just saw that commercial too! Do they come in different sizes? I have a pretty big oval shaped crockpot. I hope they will have 1 to fit mine! I hate cleaning that big thing--why didn't I think of these liners?? LOL

It is for crockpots from 3 - 6.5 quarts if I'm not mistaken.

12/18:

12/25:

1/1:

Guest ShrinkingDaisy

Great! I think mine is a 6. I can't wait to get them and try it out! I can love my crock pot again-just in time for the boys soccer and t-ball season!

Daisy

WOW!!!! :jump_jack

I can't believe someone didn't think of this sooner. I usually spray my crock with Pam so it doesn't get THAT bad. But it's bulky and hard to wash in the sink.

My crockpot is very easy to clean up, without the liners, so I'm curious why this is an issue. What I do is, after we eat dinner (from the crockpot), I put the leftovers in the fridge right away and leave my crockpot to soak in hot, soapy water overnight. In the morning, I just rinse it out, and everything comes off like magic. Just let it soak. Cheaper than buying liners, I think. Just my 2 cents.

- Jennier

ACE-certified Personal Trainer

& WW Lifetime Member

weight.png

My crockpot is very easy to clean up, without the liners, so I'm curious why this is an issue. What I do is, after we eat dinner (from the crockpot), I put the leftovers in the fridge right away and leave my crockpot to soak in hot, soapy water overnight. In the morning, I just rinse it out, and everything comes off like magic. Just let it soak. Cheaper than buying liners, I think. Just my 2 cents.

- Jennier

Some of us are lazy. :D My concern is the plastic. I know there is concern about plastic leaching, and this seems like the perfect leaching opportunity, especially if you are going to be using it where it is heating up.

Mama to 4 kiddos!

Guest Tina_30

Personally I LOVE the new liners. My crock pot is huge and I have no dishwasher except for me so I do soak it and I also use Pam spray or one like it but it never fails to leave something in there I have to scrub out. I have a double sink but it is not big so it is awkward to wash it. My old crock pot would sometimes hit the side and the handle broke off several times because it was like ceramic or something and dh would glue it back on for me. I still have to wash it out after using the liners but it just wipes right up - I don't have do it every time because most of the time there is just some condensation. The plastic does not melt and I just pick it up and toss it or pour it in our composter. I wish I had these liners years ago.

Tina

Guest PheobeEmil

I don't like the thought of my food stewing in plastic for eight hours....:confused:

But I do HATE cleaning the crockpot.

But I'm too cheap...so I'll pass on it.

- Jennier

This is what I do as well.:)

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

I started using these when I made oatmeal in the crockpot. Can you say cement?

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd bump it up and share a cleaning tip.

When you have a pot (Crockpot, frying pan, whatever) with tough food on it, just fill it with hot water and dump some liquid fabric softener in it. You can also use a fabric softener sheet. Soak for a bit, and the stuff just falls off the pot. We buy the el cheapo store brand fabric softener and keep it under the sink for pots like this.

Gin

SW 238 Jan. 3, 2006

CW 230

GW 115

~100 Days of Exercise Challenge 11/100~

~Treadmill Miles since January 11, 2007 - 10.24~

Wow Gin, that's very interesting. I've never heard of that before. Thanks for sharing that. I'm going to try it next time I have something hard to clean!

JeanetteSki

I saw them a few years ago before Xmas and put one in each family member's Xmas stocking. My crockpot does build up hard crusting on one side. I don't use it for corned beef but do for soups and casseroles. It is a blessing at the holidays when it is so hard to keep ahead of the dishes and counter and sink space is at a premium for the soaking period.

The year before everyone got Reynolds Release foil from me. My family and friends tend to be frugal and would not buy these products for themselves. And my sons are always looking for an easier way to cook and clean.

marge

there s a dance in the old dame yet toujours gai toujours gai

SW: 206

CW: 162.5

40# 2/5

HW: 146

weight.png