Health Discovery Network
angelofjoy1

Egg Roll Wrappers

I just bought a package of egg roll wrappers. Can anyone give me ideas of what to do with them besides make a traditional egg roll? I don't like vegetables either :-). I was thinking they might work good for a dessert also. Let me know. Thanks!

SW-200

CW-180

GW-135

How about stuffing them with pizza style toppings, turkey pepporoni, LF cheese, etc. spray with a little olive oil and bake. Or maybe crabmeat and LF cream cheese, & seasoning.

Guest killingjanni

I've never tried it, but if you wanted to make a desert, maybe you could stuff it with a little SF pie filling? Or maybe the pie filling and LF cream cheese. Could be good?

I have a recipe for Chicken Manicotti that I use egg wrappers with. You won't even know the difference when it is cooked and you don't have to contend with cooking manicotti noodles and tearing half of what you cooked!! You just make your manicotti filling, place on the wrapper and roll up and place in prepared pan seam side down. It is the only way I make Manicotti.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

My family loves the pizza ones. They disappear like magic. I use turkey pepperoni sauce and Motzarella cheese.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

PUMPKIN PIE WONTONS

1 cup canned pumpkin

2 Tbsp maple syrup

3 Tbsp brown sugar

1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice

16 packaged wonton wrappers

cinnamon & sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 400'. Mix pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar & pumpkin pie space in medium bowl. Place a wonton wrapper on flat surface. Spoon 1 Tbsp of filling into center. Moisten edges of wonton with water & fold in half to form a triangle. Press edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wontons. Arrange prepared wontons on an ungreased baking sheet. Lightly coat wontons w/ non stick cooking spray & sprinkle them with sugar & cinnamon. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Turn over and bake another 2 minutes.

16 servings, 1 POINT each

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

the pumpkin wontons sound good!! cant wait to try those!

Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha

:p

ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette

sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute

Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

hi everyone.....these all sound so good! how many points are the egg roll wrappers. i have never bought them. i may have to look for them while shopping this weekend.

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

i've made everything with egg roll AND won ton wrappers.. they are sooo affordable!!

I've made breakfast wraps with the egg roll wrappers (lf cheese, egg beaters, turkey bacon)

pizza wraps with the egg roll (lf sausage, lf cheese, pizza sauce, rolled in parmesean cheese and italian spices)

mexican wraps (boca crumbles, taco seasoning, lf cheese, salsa)

i've cut them diagonally into triangles, fried them in my healthy oils and sprinkled with splenda and cinnamon.. yummmmm cinnamon chips!

just use your imagination!

*Jillian*

Lastnight I made pizza bites using wonton wrappers.. how yummy.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm going to try some stuffed with crab and creamcheese soon :) And the Pumpkin ones that were posted here... I can't wait!!!

Dawn

-------------------------------

Slow and Steady

weight.png

Started WW and Core 9/29/05

:bcb_march Re-committed 03/12/08

You can use them as lasagna noodles! I have a great spinach lasagna recipe with them.

5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

I tried the pizza ones tonight with what I had in the house - a spoonful of pizza sauce, a little bit of low fat shredded cheddar cheese and some diced red pepper. I rolled them, sprayed a quick spray of becel on the top, sprinkled a tiny bit of parm cheese and garlic salt on top, and popped them in the oven for 13min at 350F. It was soooooo good - my sister was over and she and I want to try a bunch of different fillings with them.

SD - 02/12/07

SW - 165

1st GW - 149 (pre-pregnancy weight)

CW - 140 (08/15/08)

2nd GW - 130 by Christmas Day 2008

Final GW - 125

weight.png