Health Discovery Network
Guest hollyb76

Walking with Leslie

Guest hollyb76

Does anyone do the walk off weight videos with Leslie? I have been doing the four mile walk for about three days now, I can feel it in my legs so I know it is doing something for me. Has anyone doing these noticed any results with the vidoes? I was just wondering...

Holly

Yes, I use Leslie's Sansones Walking Tapes and love them. I certainly am not up to the four mile or even the three mile. I am a senior and just don't have the umpth for that. I do the one mile every morning when I first get up. Some days I'll do it again in the afternoon while I watch TV. I much prefer these tapes to walking where the side walks are popped up just waiting for me to trip on them. When we travel in our motor home they are so easy to use when we stop for DH to rest or eat lunch.

I have a bit of arthritis in one knee and using the tapes keeps it from aching.

Ann

ann p

Guest WrappinMama

Yep! I bought a 3 dvd set of Walk Away The Pounds and I started out doing the 1 mile for a week and this week I'm doing the 2 mile every other day with the 1 mile in between. Next week I'm going to "attempt" the 4 mile every other day witht he 1 mile in between.

I love them and Im glad i bought them!

holly:

I used to use the Leslie Sansone WATP tapes and they are wonderful. Although, I didn't enjoy the 4 mile tape as much as the others.

If you haven't already, you can post your on the exercise thread; we used to have a WATP exercise challenge over there. It may still be going on or some of the folks who were a part of it may still be posting on other challenges.

I know that plcm/Joanne used to use the tapes regularly and she's had lots of success, she has been at goal for a while.

GTF

SW: 204.6 Highest ever :mad:

CW: 186.5 Thank Goodness:bcb_up

10%:183.6 Fantastic :bcb_happy

GW: 155 Excellent!

In regard to losing: Every ounce counts!

I lost the bulk of my weight using primarily the WATP tapes. Whenever I felt unmotivated, I made myself do the 1 mile 'cause hey it's only 20 minutes. But for the most part, I usually did the 2 mile. Only did the 3 mile when I wanted an extra oomph to my workout.

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

I have several of her DVDs, I have the 3 mile WATP, the Walk/Jog (2.5 miles), and a double Walk Aerobics set (one is 2 miles and the other is 4 miles). Although she's a little too perky at times I really like them. I do a lot of different workouts because I get easily bored with exercise and I've definitely seen results.

Andrea

Weight loss isn't about willpower or motivation; it's just the cumulative effects of tiny actions over time. - DietGirl

I just posted about this in the Christian forum but I do not excercise at all and I love these videos! I have been doing the 1, 2, and 3 mile. (Not the 3 very often!) and I have already boosted my weight lost by an extra .5 to 1lb a week! I am starting to actually miss the days I don't use the videos. I bought mine at Walmart but if you just want to try them you should try out NetFlix. You can order them over the internet and for a small fee a month send movies back and forth.

JP

s-weight.png

Guest GingieSue

Do you walk in place with these videos?

I just bought the 5 Mile WATP DVD--love it!! I used to only do WATP tapes and noticed a big difference--really shaped my legs and hiney!! Now I do all different kinds of tapes but still use WATP at least 3 times a week.

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

I have 4 of these tapes now and I love them all. The best thing about them is you don't need to learn any choreography and you never lose your way. I can increase my intensity or lower my intensity and still keep up with what is happening.

These are the perfect tapes for severely obese people or people who are fit; and nothing feels as good as completing one for the first time!

Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever, Tinkerbell

SW 09/20/05 - 367.6

CW - 248.4*Down -118.6

Guest Jan_Barrington

I just got some new ones and I love doing them. I looked on the exercise forum and didn't the WATP thread but maybe I overlooked it. I like doing WATP because it doesn't take alot of room to do it and none of it is floor work and right now I don't want to do any floor work. I think it is a good one to start with and then as you get more in shape you can add others.

With the weather making walking so difficult, I should be doing the tapes and I just got them out.

I love the walking outside the best and still do it every day (to and from work or home from work only sometimes - depends on the weather).

I think I have a video of the "Body Break" too;

I haveThe Firm AB Sculpt video

Leslie Sanson's Walk Away the Lbs. for Abs - 2 mile walk and Walk Away the Lbs. - 2 mile walk.

I need to get doing them as I'm sure they would help. My legs feel so much better when I walk enough.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I lost most of my weight using the WATP tapes. I have many of her tapes. I do the FIRM mostly now, but I still like my WATP and do them ocassionally. I would highly recommend them to anyone, especially those just beginning their fitness journey. You can make them as intense as you need them.

I got the 5 mile tape last month.

Some of the miles show the use of equipment but it's not required for any of them. I posted the details in my review in this thread.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=108735

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I have been using the WATP for about 2 months now. Since it is now winter, it is almost dark when I get home from work and I wanted some kind of exercise to do indoors. I love the 2 mile WATP with the Stretchie band that came with it that exercises your arms while you walk. It is wonderful.

If I want more of a challenge :strong: I do the 3 mile WATP that also uses the stretchie band or a new WATP video I recently found. It is the Leslie Sansone WATP "Walk and Kick" DVD from the "Power Series" at Walmart, It was in the middle of the exercise equipment section (with the sporting goods). It is fun. It runs 33 minutes and alternates the usual walking with some kicking/stretching/boxing moves. It reminds me of an easy version of Taebo (which I can't do anymore!).

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Guest queenmum

I just started a similar thread on the exercise forum! didn't see this till after. I just bought my first WATP video at walmart today. it is the walk and kick one. I LOVE IT! and i loved Leslie. she is so REAL. i ordered another off amazon. the 3 mile one. i am hooked!:jump_jack I normally prefer walking outside in the mountains. but it is too cold lately. so this is a great alternative! and has upper body workout too. YAY for watp!!

GingieSue - think of marching in place, leg kicks, knee lifts, side steps, etc with arm motion too.

Ann

ann p

Guest parkv34

Yes! I had been walking on my treadmill each day, but getting a little bored with that, then I realized I had bought the 1 and 2 mile tape of hers a while back. I really enjoyed it and realized how much of a workout it seemed to be compared to just walking on the treadmill! It seemed to go a lot quicker also!

I use her 1 and 2 mile tapes and occasionally the 3 mile one. I love them too! They are perfect for those just starting out and for those who do not have much room either. I think I am going to buy her Walk and Kick video from Half.com - it looks good too!

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Yes! I had been walking on my treadmill each day, but getting a little bored with that, then I realized I had bought the 1 and 2 mile tape of hers a while back. I really enjoyed it and realized how much of a workout it seemed to be compared to just walking on the treadmill! It seemed to go a lot quicker als:jump_jack o!
Im new here on the forum,like what I see.I have the 2 mile walk video but I just got a tredmill and am doing that for now.The video gives you a little variety.