Health Discovery Network
jblsss

Hot, Spicy & Chunky Shrimp over whole wheat pasta-AWESOME

Hot, Spicy & Chunky Shrimp over whole wheat pasta -AWESOME

This is so good, I make it all the time and even hubby likes it.

2 bell peppers (any combo, red, yellow, green, orange) diced

2 small onions, diced

2-3 cloves garlic, minced

2-3 stalks celery, diced

1 (17.5 oz) can diced tomatos

1 (15 oz) can tomato soup(no water or milk added)

1 bay leaf

ground pepper

hot sauce

1 pound shrimp(cleaned, with tails taken off)

1 box whole wheat pasta (I use thin spaghetti, I also use the whole box makes for great leftovers)

1 teaspoon olive oil

ff mozz. cheese

Cook the pasta as you normally would

Put olive oil in a pan and sautee peppers, onion, celery, and garlic for about 5 minutes

Pour in can of diced tomatos, tomato soup add bay leaf, couple of twists of pepper mill for pepper, and hot sauce and stir ( Only add a little at a time depending on hot you want it)(Sorry I don't measure mine I just pour)

Let that cook for about 10 minutes

Add shrimp and cook until pepper, onion, celery are no longer crispy and shrimp is warmed through

Add desired amount of pasta to plate and top with spicy shrimp mixture and top with ff mozz. cheese

I would be interested in hearing what people think if they try it. Really Really Good, Enjoy!!!:)

Guest poohbearchrissy

Sounds great but how many points is it? :exercise:

Umm I really don't know. Sorry I am a Core girl but I thought I would post it here too. Let' see The onions, peppers, garlic and celery are 0. Whole wheat pasta is 3 points for 1 cup. Tomato soup is 2 points for 1 cup. I would think the tomatos would be 0 as well. FF mozz cheese for 4 tablespoons is 1 point. Shrimp 1 point for 1/2 cup. I hope this helps depending on how much you have.. Here are the point values. I would say figure 3 for the pasta, 1 for shrimp at best, Maybe 1 for soup, and 1 for cheese. 6 for a serving. That is what I would put down if I was doing flex and made this. Sorry about not listing the points earlier. Like I said I do core and it is all core food so I didn't even think to put down points.

My wife made this onite and it was AWESOME!!!! This meal had the most flavor of anything we have made yet. Thanks for the recipe!

Glad you enjoyed it. If you do core it is all core eat as much as you want until you feel satisfied. The shrimp is the expensive part but you could make it without it and it would be a quick cheap meal.

I just wanted to say that I tried this recipe this weekend made it for my boyfriend and I and... I LOVED IT!! :jump_jack It is sooo tasty. And it's a lot of food! I will definately be adding this recipe to my regular menu. Thank you so much for posting!! Yum Yum!

Allison ~ At it again, again... January 2010

:bcb_tank:HW: 186 :mad: SW: 153 CW: 149 GW: 140

"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

I need to get back in the exercise groove!!

I made this and I loved it. I added mushrooms instead of celery. I am going to make more this weekend and freeze it for my lunch.

Kelley

HW/SW/CW/WWG/PGW

184/169/151.0/155/149

WWG 11/02/05

Guest Hailey

Hmmmm, this sounds awesome, thanks for posting.

Just a question......

Thinking about making this, as it looks very good. Anybody try making the whole amount.....but not mixing it with the cooked pasta when initially cooked. Thinking I'd like to freeze the base sauce with shrimp, and add to cooked pasta at a later date.

Thanks for any responses in advance.

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Good Afternoon ......

Just wanted to report that I made this recipe when company came to visit. Not only was it "easy peasy" to put together, my company raved over how tasty it was. (They even asked for a copy of the recipe to take home with them).

Thanks for posting this........

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs