Health Discovery Network
wommie

Gained weight since starting at the gym!

How long does it take until starting to see a loss? I have been going for several weeks. I have been doing 55 minutes of cardio and some weights. I also have been using a ball to do crunches. I haven't lost an ounce but have actually gained 2 pounds. I love going and feel better. I'm not quitting!! I just have to figure out what is happening. I don't know if I'm eating too much or not enough. Any suggestions???????

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

Muscle weighs more than fat. So most likely you are losing fat, but gaining muscle. Those that work out often should go by other indicators such as inches or how your clothes are fitting.

The other important thing is to make sure you are eating all your points, and atleast some of your flex points because if you burn too many more calories than you eat then your body will go into starvation mode.

Way to go with the exercise though!

RECOMMITTED AS OF 5/29/2007

First start weight: 141

Recommitted weight 125

Goal weight 115

THIS IS TOTALLY NORMAL, DON'T STOP EXERCISING!

There, did I say it loud enough?:p

Seriously, this is very normal and you will see the weight go in time. Now would be an excellent time to measure yourself to see that you are losing inches. Just don't get discouraged. It can take time. But with the exercise, you are buiding and improving that beautiful muscle which will help you eat more in the long run. Stick with it!:strong:

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Thank you for the response. I do feel better. I feel empowered!!! I will measure myself and take a good look at what I am eating. There may be places for improvement!!

I told my husband I was in training for the 2025 Olympics. Of course that will be the senior olympics!! I will be 50 in April. My goal is to be in better shape at 50 than I was at 40!!!

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

Continue with your workouts! You are becoming firmer than you were before. And being a "senior" doesn't let you off the hook, either.

I am 56, go to the gym 5 days a week, and taking riding lessons every Sunday! I even got up enough nerve to do horse shows once in awhile! :exercise2

I am in better shape now than when I was in my 40s, too. And, I can say I'm in better shape than my mother ever was at this age! :exercise:

Never give up, never surrender! :headover:

Liz

The Dressage Queen

Bella%2Band%2BI%2BIntro%2BA.jpg