Health Discovery Network
plcm111195

FIRMies Check In ~ Week of 02/26/06

Here's my plan for the week. It's up in the air till I see the March rotation on the FBC. I also might have to change it up when I find out when I'll have to have the root canal. :ugh:

Sunday: FIRM Super Cardio Mix plus 30 minute walk outdoors-DONEstrong.gif

Monday: WATP for Abs 2 Mile-DONE :work_out:

Tuesday: FIRM Super Body Scupt -DONEstrong.gif

Wednesday: FIRM Maximum Cardio Burn -DONEstrong.gif

Thursday: FIRM Strength -DONEstrong.gif

Friday: rest

Saturday: FIRM Bust & Butt -DONEstrong.gif HOLY COW THAT'S A LOT OF PUSHUPS!!!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Good morning--

Joanne--YIKES! A root canal. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

Today I subbed CC1 for Super Cardio Sculpt. It was a good, sweaty workout.

Like you, Joanne, I'm waiting to definitely plan my week till the March rotation shows up on the FBC. Probably though, I'm going to do the TLT/Firm rotation that Tracie Long put together on her site.

Tomorrow I think I'll do JFArms and JFBuns to finish out the February rotation. I like those 2 workouts and don't feel like I've done them a million times.

Still OP. Weighing in tomorrow.

Azcatz

SW: 214

CW:160

WWG:155

PG::confused:

Waiting to plan my week too as an upper respiratory bug has gotten me. I laid off the exercise yesterday and felt worse. I never ever thought I'd be this way, but now I can't NOT exercise. I felt like this big sloppy blob all day yesterday and it was all I could think about. The family is going out for the day, so I can "rest" but I have to admit, I'm secretly planning a workout. It makes me feel better. I guess if I have to be addicited to something, this is better than a lot of other things.

Hi guys!

I think Miss Steph is going to kill me! I did Total Muscle Shaping yesterday and thought I was going to die! I did the leg press/abduction combo on the 8" segment and it still killed me!

What can you tell me about the Tracy Long stuff? I love Max. Body Shaping but I've heard great things about her other stuff. Does she do non-dominant training?

Sun-off

Mon-Complete Aerobic & WT DONE!

Tue-J. Fonda Step and Stretch DONE!

Wed-Maximum Body Shaping DONE!

Thu-Fat Blasting Cardio DONE!

Fri-Total Sculpt Plus Abs

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Amy--

Tracie did do some of the original Fit Primes w/Anna Benson and they do the non dominant thing.

Her buzzword with her new venture, though, is "functional fitness". Her latest is a set of 4 workouts. One is led by Jen Carman, one by Susan Harris, of Vol.1 fame, and Tracie leads 2 of them herself. I will admit that I have not yet done all 4 of the workouts, but I did do Jen Carman's and it was a great workout. No tall box (:exercise2 ), but pretty much a C/S style workout. They do use a lot of "props", weighted balls, paper plates or rags, a stability ball, in addition to your dumbbells (not all the workouts use all the props). I've heard, via the Firmie grapevine, that folks are getting great results.

To check them out, you can go to www.tracielongtraining.com.

HTH,

azcatz

Checking in without a plan (yet), so I'll be posting as I go. I'm so close to going down to the next food point range and that has me a little apprehensive. This is what I couldn't get past last time...so to "prepare" for 2 points less per day, I haven't been counting my points for the daily 40-minute dog walk and gazelle/recumbant bike routine.

Sunday: Total Scuplt Plus Abs - Done!

Monday: WW High Intensity Tape & WW Fun Simple Moves - Done!

Tuesday: Fat-Blasting Cardio - Done! Hope some of it got blasted!

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Complete Aerobics & Weight Training - Done!

Friday: Cardio Sculpt Blaster - Done!

Saturday: Calorie Killer - Done!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Heidi, have you considered not dropping the 2 points yet? Maybe you don't need to yet. Or you could drop 1 point at a time? Just some thoughts.

That really helps, azcatz. I love the Firm but if I'm going to work out for life I want as much variety as possible.

Amy-SAHM of 4

Hi all, I'm back from vacation (3 full days skiing, plus walking and some light swimming and skating).

It looks like there's some kind of bug going around! I also have a cold and will not be exercising until I feel better. I'll post a plan then. Today will be a rest day for sure. I would like to swim 3 times a week for the next 5 weeks in preparation for my first meet on April 2nd. That may mean I back down to 2-3 FIRM workouts. I start in with BSS2 workouts.

Heidi, my way of preparing for the next Points range down is to budget my day for the next range down and try to not use 14 Flex points. I do the APs and Target the same as usual. And the Flexies are still there if I really need them. I through this transition twice on my way down. I wouldn't suggest you start eating less until you have to. And ... congratulations!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Hi everyone--

Today I finished up the February rotation with JFarms and JFbuns. I'm ready for my rest day :)

Amy, glad I could help. I really am going to do the TLT's in March, so if you want, I can give you more info then.

Hope you're all doing well.

azcatz

Hey all,

I've been having a really rough time the past couple of weeks (we had 2 deaths in the family in the past 3 weeks and I'm still reeling, plus I'm having some sort of hormonal craziness from my surgery)... I am still not feeling like getting back on track, but I'm going to try and "fake it 'til I make it". So, here is my plan for the week -

Sunday - REST - DONE

Monday - Curves (first time back since my surgery), Firm Express Total Body Shaping (love this one!) - DONE :strong:

Tuesday - Firm Power Yoga - DONE

Wednesday - Firm Hips, Thighs & Abs - DONE

Thursday - Biggest Loser LI Cardio

Friday - Curves, Firm Express Total Body Shaping

Saturday - REST

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

{{{Tiffany}}}, Sending you some big hugs. I went through a spell like that last year when we lost 3 family members in as many weeks. I found that having a plan really helped since I could then go on "auto pilot" and not have to think about it again after I made my plan. Hang in there. Do what you can. I found that exercise helped me to feel better, but don't hurt yourself.

smileyhug.gif

Joanne

Sorry, Tiff. That hystorecomy has got to be playing with your body even in the midst of all of these horrible things. We're here for you.

So, when can we have that Firm chat? I am good after 8:30 except on Wed.

Amy-SAHM of 4

Thanks Joanne and Amy! :buddysmoo

Joanne, 3 family members.. I'm so sorry.

I keep thinking that exercise should/would help, but instead I feel like I just keep getting whomped. I am mentally and physically wiped out. And on top of it, this PNS (pre-nothing syndrome) is crazy! I guess it is good sign that my ovaries are still working though. I will make a plan, I think you're right about auto-pilot and knowing that I just have to go through the motions and do it may get me jump-started again.

Amy, I'm in for the chat! I'm on the West Coast (Pacific Time).

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

Tiffany - sending {{HUGS}} your way - I know how a death in the family can rock your world. Just remember to take care of yourself.

Amy & Nancy - I'll try not to obsess too much about the new points range. I typically don't use all my WPA's so I know I have that available. I know it's just in my head, mostly. The first time back in 2002 I was on a year-long plateau, fluctuating between 174-176. I fought the change because I didn't want to lose out on 2 points worth of food! (I was a member-helper, so I didn't have to pay for meetings at the time). This time it's different - and I do believe it's the Commando spirit! :D

I am paranoid, however, that I may be overestimating my AP's I earn with the FIRM workouts. I got a heart rate monitor so I could see how many calories I burn during a workout, but I can't seem to get the darn thing to work properly. It beeped at me that I was UNDER my minimum heart rate while I was doing the tall box climb! :crazy: I don't think so! I may have to have someone help me reprogram it!

Heidi

Hi all--

Today is my rest day so no Firming for this girl :)

Tiffany--I am so sorry about your losses. I know how the emotional stressors can take the wind out of your sail. Adding surgery on to that must be sooooo hard. I, agree, too, that having a rotation or a plan always helps me stay on track.

Heidi--If your heart rate is too low during TBC, you must be a Firming MANIAC! I don't have a HR monitor so I don't have any suggestions, but reading about your "problem" with yours made me smile. If I were wearing a HR monitor while Firming, the thing would probably explode during TBC!

Have a great day everyone.

azcatz

I thought the same thing about myself recently. I have being trying the "Nancy method" where I figure the APs at Mod and High and pick a number. It's coming out to be about 4 APs a day. I did CAAWT yesterday and there were times in the past I counted it as 7 APs. I just seems excessive because I wasn't being completely strict with my diet.

I think I might do a Jane Fonda step today. Really boring but if I do it on the 8" step it's high intensity. And no jumping....I need to get some stronger sports bras. I am wearing two now!

Amy-SAHM of 4

Just to clarify - when I was doing the tall box climb, I could feel my heart really pumping, so the monitor wasn't reading it correctly! It was practically beating out of my chest!!

Amy - I just got this bra:

310184_dt.jpg

And I love it!! Here's the link:http://www.title9sports.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1031&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=4&iSubCat=479&iProductID=1031

Heidi

May I ask what size you wear? Just curious to see if that bra is good for me too (I assume it is) It looks fantastic!

Amy-SAHM of 4

Tiffany, "PNS" !!! :lol: I have that too! What a great way to put it... I'm glad you found some humor in your situation.

Hang in there buddy!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

(((Tiffany))) I'm so sorry. That's a lot for one person to go through at one time. Hang in there and pick it back up when you can.

Still "sick" but feeling much better after working out. I have a question. If a workout is starting to feel too "easy" is that the time to move up to higher weights? I did the Complete Body Sculpting with Christa. Her workout seems "easier" than the Total Muscle Shaping with Stephanie. Much less "comprehensive" work (arms and legs together, which I like) and I find myself wanting to add in arm work while I'm doing some of the leg stuff and vice versa. Should I heavy up on the weights or is it "bad" to add in some arm work in or altering some things around?

Casey, when the work gets easy, it's time to add more weight. I don't mess with the design of the workouts.

The FIRM workouts do vary in emphasis. Some alternate upper and lower body exercises in the same set, some alternate upper and lower body sets. Some even have a long segment for each of upper and lower body. Part of this is to encourage "muscle confusion" which keeps your muscles from settling in to a routine.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!

Casey, if you always fast forward through the intro (which I always do:p) you may have missed that Krista say to try to use very heavy weights when you can. I think it's sequenced to tax you a lot. I really enjoy that video a lot. I wasn't crazy about lower ab work on the incline but it produces such strength!

Did you ever think a Firm video would be easy?:strong:

Amy-SAHM of 4

I use the heaviest weights I have, which are only 10 lbs. I don't know if I'm ready to move up on the other ones yet and I'd rather get the new TransFIRMER first, because I know I won't be needing the heavier weights for those yet. And darnit, the heavier the weights, the more expensive they get!

I wouldn't say it's easy :) But I dunno, I guess I'm comparing it to TMS. And I just feel like I'm not "maxmizing my workout" if I don't do arms when I'm doing the lunges on the incline box or on the tall box climb ones and some of the other ones.

In general, I like that one too, Amy. (other than the calf work!) It has the best cool down! I have a love/hate with the ab work. It's tough, but boy do you feel it and get results.

Thanks for the tips!

Watch for sales, the plain hex dumbbells sometimes go on sale for less than $1 a pound. I got my last ones for less than $.50 per pound at a weightlifting specialty store (not a chain sporting goods store). And my next set will be 30s.... You may be ready for 12s for some exercises. You earned them!

I can't do the ab work on the incline because I can't hold myself up with my arms over my head. Yet. Darned pulled biceps. I do it on the floor, and it's plenty tough.

If I remember right TMS has a lot of heavy 4 limb which is actually more cardio than toning. I'd go up in weight before I did more of that. I bet they balance that with the heavier sculpting work in CBS. They put out workouts in sets for that reason. My first two were Firm Crosstrainers Strength/Cardio and it's a similar pairing. Both are serious cardio / sculpt workouts, but they are also very different in feel.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!

Casey, can you hold a couple weights at once? Maybe you could hold a 10 and a 2 to bump up the weight, or you could wear some 2 pound wrist weights while you hold the 10 pound dumbells. Just be careful with your form. I've read about some "add ons" that work with neoprene bells, but I can't remember where they were. I'll try to find it for you. Basically it's an additional pound or 2 that attaches to your dumbells.

Joanne