Health Discovery Network
lorac55ca

Missing French Toast????

Hi...the other day I made a pan of the Core-n-Bread and just love it!

This morning I was craving French Toast so I took a square of the corn bread{cut it in 1/2 to make 2 squares}, beat 1 egg & 1 egg white with Splenda, vanilla & a Tbsp. or so of skim milk. I put the squares in this mixture & let it soak up the egg, turning once during the soak.This took about 20 minutes.

I heated my pan, sprayed it with Pam & "fried" the French Toast. Sprayed it with Becel Spray, topped it with warm SF maple syrup & sat down & enjoyed pure comfort!! It was so delicious & so filling!

Just an idea for a different breakfast!

Carol

Bump. Yum! I'm envisioning making some sort of Monte Cristo type sandwich with this.....might be good! Next time I make core corn bread I am going to try this :bcb_smile

Kelli from MN

"change happens one day at a time"

I've never made it with core-n-bread, but I make it with "light" bread fairly often. It's just 1 point (for TWO slices) and I use fresh fruit or make a strawberry syrup with some berries, splenda and a splash of water. You are right! It does seem decadent! :bcb_bigsm

*Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

You could also use COW bread and it would be NO points! How cool is that! I'll have to try it when I make COW bread again!

Lynn

I bike for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.