Health Discovery Network
Guest bamamike

Best Resturants other than Applebees to eat WW friendly

Guest bamamike

I live in Green Bay Wisconsin anyone from that area or know where some good places to eat with WW friendly menus.....OTHER than Applebees....

Thanks

Michael

I find I can make almost any restaurant "WWer friendly". Basically, I don't care for most of the chain restaurants so I've learned to eat at the restaurants I do like.

What I'll do is to check the restaurant website ahead of time to see if they post nutritional information, or at least a menu. I'll check to see what they have that looks like it might be a good choice. I look for things that are grilled or broiled and avoid things are fried. I also avoid terms like "stuffed", "smothered", "creamed". After I've found a few things that look good I'll try to figure out the points using sites like calorieking.com. If I've made a choice I'll actually write it in my tracker and then visualize ordering and eating that selection. It helps me when I actually get to the restaurant so that I'm not tempted to make unwise choices.

If I don't have a chance to check the menu ahead of time, I'll still search for good choices once I get to the restaurant. If I don't know what something is, I'll ask. I will also ask for "things" to be served on the side - salad dressing, sauces. Don't be afraid to ask for a different preparation. If the menu says fried, ask if they can broil or grill it. Ask for them to go light on the oil or butter, or cook without it. Most restaurants are very willing to work with you when they can.

Don't just limit yourself to "safe" restaurants. Have fun. :D

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Guest kitterkatter

Hey Bamamike!

I'm in Appleton, WI. I use this website: http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp#P (copy and paste into browser)

Not everything is on there, but It will give you a good idea for starting out.

Some of my personal fav's are:

1) Subway

2) Atlanta Bread Co

3) Buffalo Wild Wings

4) Fazoli's

5) Schlotsky's

6) Noodles & CO

7) Olive garden

8) Panda Express

9) Red Robin

10) Hudson's

**Use your weight watchers slider, and visit restaurants websites or ask for hard copy nutritional info at the restaurant. Do you have the WW dining out companion? Not everything in there is WI located, but we do have quite a few. Good luck!:o

IF you can resist the breadsticks (3 points each!) Olive Garden's "garden fare" menu can be point-friendly. The lunch-sized Chicken Giardino is 8 points. Kindof high for every day, but definitely something you can plan for.

I've also had luck with Chili's guiltless grill. Again, a little high for every day, but low enough that you can use a few WPA or APs for it.

Both OG and Chili's have nutrition info online (www.olivegarden.com and www.chilis.com).

Then there's subway, quiznos, anyplace with salad where you can get dressing on the side, etc. But even there you have to be careful. Some of those subway subs are REALLY high in fat & calories.

Starting over AGAIN after 2 consecutive pregnancies - Jan 20, 2011

SW: 210.6

2/10: 206

====

SW 193.2 (Jul 2004)

10% on Sep 2004

WWG 169 (Nov 4, 2004)

LIFETIME - Dec 23, 2004

(maintained roughly through Aug 05...)

DH likes Chic-Fil-A and Wendy's for meals, but occassionaly snitches a spicy chicken from McD's. We like Wendy's for the baked potatoes and Chili. Those two alone make a pretty filling meal, but he also likes the chicken caesar salad with no dressing.

Like someone else said, any restaurant can be friendly if you have a chance to look at a menu beforehand.

Mama to 4 kiddos!

Wendy's and Subway are my choices for fast food. Papa Murphy's Take and Bake has a Veggie DeLite pizza that's VERY good and low point. For more civilized chain restaurants, I like Olive Garden for their (whole wheat) Capellini Pomodoro and salad with light dressing. However, I give my business to local restaurants as often as possible, so I can't be of much more help. :embarrass

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

My current favorite is Baja Fresh. You can have a generous side salad for 1 pt. when you use salsa for the dressing. Also, the tortilla soup is only 5 pts.

Susan

242/198.4/145

started 1/3/06

43.2 total lbs lost!

My husband and I went to Chili's last night with friends. We are both doing WW, they are not. They have "guiltless Grill" that was not bad. NI is in the new WW dining out book. THey also have all the NI for every item listed online. I almost fainted when I read what I used to eat..... :embarrass ALl in all, it was not bad.... Although we both still preferred Applebee's.:)

Jeannette

SW 1/7/06 231.6 :mad:

CW 9/18/08 176.0 :work_out:

Lifetime status 3/3/07

2nd baby due 5/18/08

.png

I like Panera's for soup and salad, but most of their dressings are deadly. Be sure to ask for the fat-free. I also love TGI Fridays. You need to choose carefully but I love the mashed cauliflower and the white chili. You can substitute healthy sides for the fat stuff normally served with a lot of the entrees.

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Red Lobster is GREAT for staying on plan. They have an entire page of their menu with light options and all the nutritional information. I usually get the jumbo shrimp and veggies and it's so low in points that I still have some to spare on a cheddar bay biscuit!

~*MANDA*~

Started WW Online on November 4, 2005

SW: 180

CW: 155.2

GW: 145

Height: 5'6"

May exercise minutes: 580

Red Lobster has lots of choices. They also have a "light" menu listed that actually contains calorie information. The Grilled shrimp with Baked potato and pico di gallo is great and only about 8 points.

I really love eating at Ruby Tuesdays. They have a great "Light" menu. It's located at the back of the menu!

They have really tasty mashed cauliflower & also some great brown rice. Yummm! I'm getting hungry just talking about it.

weight.png

I like Pizzeria Uno's. Some of their options are great choices and they have all the nutrition info on their website.

Another place I like to go (more for lunch) is Jimmy John's. The sandwiches are quite reasonable if you opt for no mayo and a lettuce wrap instead of bread.

I also like Mr. Pita (I think it's more local for me) and Roly Poly. Both have nutrition info on their websites and some great choices.

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135