Health Discovery Network
Guest Mnky_Grl

St Patrick's Day Dessert Ideas?

Guest Mnky_Grl

Every month we do what's called "Lunch Bunch" at work. There are about 10-15 teachers on for each month, we pick a theme, and everyone brings in the fixings to make a meal. I'm on the Lunch Bunch this month and we are using St Patrick's Day for our theme. I signed up to bring a dessert and I'd like to take something WW friendly so that I can eat it, too. Anyone have any good ideas? I'd like to take something that fits in with the "green" theme. Thanks in advance for your ideas! :D

Guest tugrad1204

My mom gave me this WW recipe for Eclairs. I guess you could put green food coloring in the pudding for the St Patrick's Day theme. Here goes...

72 Regular Saltines

2 Small Boxes Sugar Free/Fat Free Instant Vanilla Pudding

3 Cups Skim Milk

8oz Tub Fat Free Cool Whip

1 Jar Fat Free Hot Fudge (Braum's brand if you have that??)

Make pudding as directed EXCEPT using only 3 cups of milk for the 2 boxes of mix. Fold in the tub of cool whip. Place 24 crackers in the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Spread 1/2 pudding mix over crackers. Layer 24 more crackers over pudding. Layer remaining pudding mix then the last 24 crackers on top. Top w/ hot fudge. Cover and chill overnight.

24 Servings = 2 pts each...

It is so good. I know it sounds horrible but the crackers absorb the moisture and fluff up...

Let me know if you try it and if everyone likes it!

When I was reading this recipe I thought...gross! but you know..now I'm curious. I love making desserts! I did see paula deen (food network) use saltine crackers to make a dessert also..pine bark I believe. I grew up eating saltines crushed into a glass and milk poured over (people think this is discusting) so after thinking about it...I'm going to have to try it! I do love saltines:p

Icing

Be your own best friend every day.

I will be trying the diet soda/cake recipe for St. Patrick's Day. I will be using:

1 box yellow cake mix

1 package sf/ff pistachio pudding

1 can diet sierra mist

This recipe makes (12) 3 point servings. Bake at 375 until knife comes out clean. I usually make mine in a 12 muffin pan to keep myself from having to cut a cake evenly by 12. This is a much lighter version of our traditional pistachio cake at this time of year. Great for Easter too.

Laurie

Life Goal: To be half the size but TWICE the woman. :bcb_wink3

283 / 283 / 145

Sorry, I forgot to mention also that in the original recipe, we added 1/2 tsp or so of almond extract and that could also be added here at no additional points.

Laurie

Life Goal: To be half the size but TWICE the woman. :bcb_wink3

283 / 283 / 145

I make a pistachio pudding dessert.

Combine:

1 box SF FF jello pistachio pudding mix

1- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple with juice

Add and blend well:

1- 9 oz. container of FF cool whip

Then add:

1/2 cup minature mashmallows

This is wonderful. at 6 servings it is 3 points

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

When I was reading this recipe I thought...gross! but you know..now I'm curious. I love making desserts! I did see paula deen (food network) use saltine crackers to make a dessert also..pine bark I believe. I grew up eating saltines crushed into a glass and milk poured over (people think this is discusting) so after thinking about it...I'm going to have to try it! I do love saltines:p

Icing

I have a non WW recipe for a toffee brittle that is DIVINE!! It uses a layer of saltines, and you'd think it would be icky, but it's terrific!

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I know it's a little late, but here's what I'm going to make for a party tomorrow.

White cake mix and Diet Sprite with 2 tbsp of Creme de Menthe.

After it bakes, i'm going to poke holes in the top and pour Hershey's choc. syrup on top (FF if I can find it) and then I'll top with some FF Cool Whip mixed up with a touch more Creme de Menthe.

I'll figure out points tonight while I make it and let you know!

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135

Made the cake, here's the recipe, or instructions.

1 box white cake mix

1 can diet lemon-lime soda

1 egg white (or 1/4 c egg beaters)

1/4c creme de menthe syrup (it colored the cake and gave it a mint flavor)

Mix together and follow baking instructions on box.

While cake is hot, poke holes and pour 1/2 bottle of Hershey's syrup (I used lite and I don't care for it's taste, maybe regular would be better)

Cool the cake and then top with 1 container of FF Cool Whip mixed with a couple tablespoons of creme de menthe syrup.

I decorated with more syrup and some green sugar sprinkles.

I calculated the whole cake to be 70 pts. 15 servings would be 4.5 pts each.

Everyone at work thinks it's great. I just don't care for the chocolate syrup.

- Jacque

Where did you find the Creme de Menthe? I looked high and low for some at Christmas and couldn't find it anywhere!

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Sorry it took so long, I didn't realize there was a reply!

I found Non-Alcoholic Creme De Menthe syrup in with the hershey's syrups and sundae toppings. It was way up on the top shelf, like it doesn't get sold very often. I found it at Kroger.

I wish I could remember the manufacturer, but it escapes me at the moment. I'll look again tonight.

HTH!!

- Jacque

I have a non WW recipe for a toffee brittle that is DIVINE!! It uses a layer of saltines, and you'd think it would be icky, but it's terrific!

Do you have this posted anywhere??? It sounds YUMMY!!!

China

SW: 200.6

CW: 179.8 :bcb_grin

GW: 140 (What??? Just kidding!! I CAN do that!!)

PGW: 165

China, I PM'd you the recipe.

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood