Health Discovery Network
Kait617

CORE Pumpkin Pancakes

I adapted this recipe from one Christine posted a while ago. Pumpkin pancakes were one of my favorite treats on flex, so I wanted to see if I could come up with something equivalent. These were great! They had a little crunch to them and were pretty filling.

Core Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes

1/4 cup oatmeal

1/4 cup cornmeal

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. baking soda

4 packets splenda

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 tsp. nutmeg

1/4 tsp. cloves

(or just use pumpkin pie spice)

Splash of vanilla extract

1/4 cup ff plain yogurt

1/4 cup pumpkin puree

1 egg white

Splash of milk, if needed

Mix together dry ingredients, then add the wet ingrediants. Stir to combine. Let sit 10-15 minutes so that the grains re-hydrate a little. Turn out on a griddle and cooke evenly on both sides.

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

These are GREAT but I found that the spice was a little much for my liking, no offense, so I made a second batch with a pinch of nutmeg and a 1/4t of cinnamon. I also added a 1/4t of maple flavoring. I'm making them as we speak so I'll let you know how they turn out.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Pumpkin pancakes are awesome! I just had one with a little sf apricot preserves and it was wonderful! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

I mixed up the batter last night and put it into the refrigerator to prepare pancakes for breakfast this morning. (I adjusted the spices to my liking and used egg substitute since that is what I had.)

These came out nice and I liked them! I measured out 1.5 tablespoons of E.D. Smith No Sugar Added Syrup in a small dish and used it to dip on the side (15 calories for the syrup and zero points).

I would definitely make these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

Jayne

---

Just wanted to send another thanks to Kait617 for the great recipe! I've been mixing up a batch of batter every night and having these for breakfast every morning since I found the recipe. :D I love these pancakes! I have found that mine come out a little fluffier when I add a bit more baking powder, but maybe my baking powder is a little old - or maybe I should try adding the baking powder in the morning right before I cook these. Anyways, these are really awesome. I'm always happy to find another healthy and delicous breakfast food. :)

Jayne

---

Bumping up - made these this morning!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158

I made this and made the batter the night before. I added a little bit of FF milk and they were not crunchy at all.:D

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

Guest beth323

Made these tonite I do core but dh is on flex. What do you think the point value is? Thank you in advance

I thought they were good. Dh and 19yr Ds both said they were ok and would eat them again. Dd 16yr would not eat them made a sandwich.

Guest sally55

These were fantastic!!! I had them for breakfast this A.M. I love pumpkin pancakes and these fil the spot on core.

Thank you so much!!!!

Just had these this morning.

They are delicious!!!!:headover:

SW 233

CW 168

GW 155

Gluten, Dairy, Nuts, Soy, Grain intolerant, nightshade allergie too

Kaitlin, you are a genius!:buddysmoo

These are so delicious, and are my new favorite weekend brunch food. I omitted the Splenda and topped with some real maple syrup on top (count the WPAs). Yum!

Suzie :salut

I fixed these on my griddle this morning and boy do they fill ya up with all the fiber, very tasty too!! I used 1 teaspoon pp spice for the spices and use 2 T. ff milk. Thanks kaitlin for the recipe. It's a keeper, in the BCB language!!! LOL

Blessings, Jane

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

I tried these yesterday morning and they were good I did not get hungry till about 1pm in the afternoon. I am guessing it's because of the fiber in them. the only thing I did different was use 1 tea of p.p. spice in stead of the individual spices and used 2 T. of egg beaters and 2 T. of skim milk. I used my griddle and sprayed it with canola oil. They are a keeper for me cause I love pumpkin stuff. Thanks to the poster for sharing.

Blessings, Jane :bcb_up

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

I'm buying some cornmeal today so I can try these. They sound really good!

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

I totally forgot about these. Yum!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158