Health Discovery Network
Guest Latdawg

Chicken Cordon Bleu - Really Easy, Really Good

Guest Latdawg

Made this tonight. Even my DD1, who is really picky ate it and DD2 had seconds:headover:

Served it with a salad, some steamed broccoli and a glass of crisp chardonnay (for me, milk for the kiddos)

4 4oz chicken breasts pounded thin

8 pieces thinly sliced honey ham

4 wedges Laughing Cow Chesse (I used garlic and herb)

1/2 package Shake & Bake

Preheat oven to 400 Pound out the chicken until about 1/4 inch thickness. Place 2 slices ham per chicken and 1 wedge of Laughing Cow (I also put some chopped chives in) Roll up the chicken and secure with tooth picks. Try to not let any of the ham show, as it will get crispy during baking. Place in a Pam greased packing dis and sprinkle tips with Shake and Bake. Bake 35-45 mins depending on the thickness of the ham. 5 points per serving.

Guest minibuttercookie

can't wait to try this ~ thanks for sharing! :)

This is one of the only recipes that I've made multiple times (I've been busy trying new recipes all the time) because it's that good! I like it and so does BF who's not doing WW.

I've found I can use swiss or french onion laughing cow and it's great either way! I'd just love to get my hands on some herb and garlic laughing cow now.

- Jacque

"Hang Tough. That means doing your best every day."

- Major Dick Winters, Band of Brothers

SW: 162

CW: 149

GW: 135

i made this today with some modifications and loved it. my boyfriend loved it as well, which is good b/c i'm always looking for some good recipies that both of us will enjoy and i feel good about points wise! i pounded the chicken, sliced it open, and stuffed it with the cheese and ham. i used breadcrumbs for the outside. it came out to 6 pts/piece of chicken with the amount of breadcrumbs i used, but still very good!

This was TASTY! I served it with the broccoli and rice bake (3 points) for a really easy and VERY filling dinner. Comfort food!

Thanks for posting. :D

Erin

It's time to fight and focus. I am worth the fight. I am strong and I can do this.

Guest suzy-loozy

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm........

And who says we have to give up good eating???? Only the mis-informed!

I'm copying and pasting this one now.....

Thanks for sharing!

:buddysmoo

I made this tonight I used bread crumbs on the outside also and only 1 peice of ham in the inside and it was great...thanks!

Is there a point difference between bread crumbs and shake n bake?

Just trying to use the bread crumbs I already have... otherwise it sounds yummy

212/182/155/161/

HW/SW/Goal/CW/

Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

I made this and it was GREAT but I'm looking for tips on pounding chicken! It seems to make a mess and the chicken rips. It seemed like a lot of work. Isthere an easy way to do it? BTW, I used bread crumbs and thought that was great.

I made this and it was GREAT but I'm looking for tips on pounding chicken! It seems to make a mess and the chicken rips. It seemed like a lot of work. Isthere an easy way to do it? BTW, I used bread crumbs and thought that was great.

I usually put the chicken on a cutting board, cover it with plastic wrap, and use the bottom of a heavy glass to pound it thin. Also, for some of the REALLY thick chicken breasts they seem to sell these days, I use a knife to split them in half first, creating two thinner breasts.. then I pound them to an even thickness.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

m_a.jpgLisa

Weight pre-1st-baby: 150

After the kids.....

SW: 209 (3/10/08)

CW: 164.9 (5/19/10)

GW: 150

I made this last night, and it was really good! I only used 1 slice of ham per breast, folded in half lengthwise. I used the garlic & herb laughing cow cheese. I didn't have shake n bake, and I thought bread crumbs might be too bland.. so I took 1/2 cup of chicken flavored stuffing mix and put it in the food processor to make fine crumbs. I put that on a plate and rolled the chicken around in it. I was afraid of leakage, so I tied up the rolls with string to close the sides... little did I know that LC cheese doesn't melt, so it wasn't a problem! The flavor in the cheese really comes out when it gets warm, and all the flavors came together really well!

Thanks for this recipe!

Lisa

m_a.jpgLisa

After the kids.....

This has to be one of my favorite chicken recipes! My finance requests this often, we are having it again tonight!

Nicki HW 284.0/SW 246.6/CW 246.0/GW 184

LIFETME- 5/5/07 (lost 100 lbs)

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

:bcb_bigsm This was very good! My DH loved it and so did I.

SW: 189.5

Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006

CW: 147 (7/19/2010)

Laughing cow cheese....where do you get this or do you make it? This recipe sounds great!!!! Thanks!

It should be in the dairy section with all the other cheeses. It's a round cardboard container with a picture of a cow on the front (laughing, of course). Be sure to get the Lite.

I usually get a package of 3 at BJ's, but they sell it in the regular grocery store too.

Hope that helps.. this recipe is SO yummy.

Lisa

m_a.jpgLisa

After the kids.....

I made this with the lite laughing cow cheese. Used 1 thin slice if honey ham, and rolled in Italian bread crumbs. It was fantastic. Whole family agrees it is a keeper.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Do you know if they carry this at wal-mart? Thanks for your help!

I really don't know - shouldn't be hard to find, if they do carry it. The package is unmistakable.

Lisa

m_a.jpgLisa

After the kids.....

This works the best for me to pound chicken. Place each breast in a freezer ziplock bag, pound to desired thickness with a rubber mallet. repeat until all breasts are flat. I robbed the rubber mallet from my husband's tool box, but you can find them in the hardware store. It is gentler on the chicken. When you roll up the chicken, roll it very tightly into a bundle and refrigerate for 30 minutes and you will not have to use toothpicks in your bundles.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

I made this tonight for dinner and I LOVED it!! Instead of pounding the chicken...I put the chicken in a ziplock bag and used a rolling pin (worked great!). This is just sooo yummy!

Rosie (joined 1/16/08)

weight.png

Love to find new chicken recipes, will definitely give this a try!

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination." Tommy Lasorda

This recipe is so good! I used thawed frozen spinach instead of ham; it not only lowered the points but tasted great.

~Shannon~