Health Discovery Network
DES2

Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile Walk DVDs?

Does anyone have opinions of which of Leslie Sansone's 4 Mile DVDs are the best? The titles I see at her site are:

WATP Express Super Challenge

Weight Loss Walk

Fat Burning Walk

I like her Fat Burning 3 mile walk, so I'm inclined to go with that one for 4 miles as well, but since I don't know what the others are like, I'm wondering if there's a difference in quality.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

I have WATP Express Super Challenge and Weight Loss Walk. The Weight loss walk is a bit dated but I like it cause it has some of the jogging segments. I also like the Express Super Challenge too, though. I guess I'm no help. I'd want them all. :crazy: I haven't seen the 4 mile Fat Burning Walk unless its called something else too. I might have to look for it. Have you seen the 5 mile DVD? It's cool cause you can customize it to do a long 5 mile walk or one of 3 preprogrammed 3 mile walks and you can turn it to just music if you don't want to hear the chatter.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

On the contrary, Joanne, you were very helpful! I cannot do any jogging -- my knees just won't take it, so you've helped me eliminate the Weight Loss walk!

Does the Express Super Challenge have jogging in it? Does it use the weights (I love it that I can do some toning, too)? I saw the 5 mile DVD, but thought that 5 miles might be more than I wanted. Does it (and the 3 - 3 mile segments) use the weights and vary the steps with kicks, sidesteps, etc.? I really can't believe how much I enjoy her walks.:work_out:

With the Weight Loss walk Mary Kay shows the low impact variation so you don't have to jog if you don't want to.

The 4 Mile Super Challenge does not have any jogging in it nor does it use weights. If it uses anything it uses the stretchy band but I don't think they use it in the 4 mile but I really can't remember. It's been a little while since I've done it.

I'm going to be lazy and cut and paste my comments from my original post about the 5 mile walk:

It has 5 separate mile segments.

Mile One with Hand Weights

Mile Two Fast Walk with Optional Jogging

Mile Three with Walk Belt

Mile Four Fast Walk

Mile Five with Stretchie Band

There is a streching segment at the end.

You can choose one of 4 options from the main menu.

1) A 5 mile walk with all 5 segments in a row.

2) A 3 mile walk with the Hand Weights Mile and the 2 Fast Miles

3) A 3 mile walk with the Walk Belt Mile and the 2 Fast Miles

4) A 3 mile walk with the Stretchie Band Mile and the 2 Fast Miles

They all vary the steps and do the kicks, knee lifts, side steps, kick backs etc.

HTH

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

The Super Challenge 4 mile does not use the stretchie. Just the walking an d all other moves she uses.

http://www.tiffanysjourney.com

SW: 264.2 :embarrass

GW: 145

Recommit SW 219

100 Miles Challenge: -15

85 to go

GW reached 9/23/05

Lifetime Member: 11/4/05

Highest weight loss: 122 pounds

Choice, not chance, determines our destiny.

Thanks, ladies! Joanne, I also appreciated the link to your original review of the 5 mile walk. Very helpful (course now I want to get several MORE DVD's...).:)

I love the 5 mile WATP DVD!!:walking: I do all 5 miles using dumbbells because I don't have the belt or stretchy. It's a great workout!!

Remember--you can always modify any of her routines--the important thing is that you just keep moving!!

SW: 157.4

CW: 154.5

2.9 down, 19.5 to go

GW: 135

~~~****~~~

Paullet

Guest MovingOn

I use the Super Challenge 4 mile. It doesn't involve any jogging in place or bands (as mentioned before). When you reach a mile, 2 miles, etc., an info bar on the bottom of the screen comes up. If I remember correctly, 1 mile = 15 minutes, 2 miles = 27 minutes, can't remember 3rd mile, and 4rth mile = 57 minutes.