Health Discovery Network
ginnyb

Yummy Biscotti

This is SOOOOOO yummy--but share it with friends or take it to the office because a whole batch in the house is DANGEROUS!!!

ginnyb

Orange-Infused Cherry-Almond Biscotti

1 ¾ C. flour 16 pts.

1 C. whole wheat flour 8 pts.

1 C. sugar 15 pts.

2 tsp. bkg powder

¾ tsp. salt

1 Tbls. gated orange rind

2 Tbls. melted butter 4 pts.

1 Tbls. fresh orange juice

½ tsp. almond extract

3 eggs 6 pts.

¾ C. cherry flavored Craisins 6 pts.

¾ C. slivered almonds, toasted and chopped 9 pts.

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, bkg. pwdr. and salt in a large bowl. Combine rind, butter, juice, almond extract, and eggs in a bowl, stir with a whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stir until a soft dough forms. Stir in Craisins and almonds. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly 8-10 times. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into an 11-inch-long flattened log. Place on a sprayed baking sheet.

3. Bake at 350 for 25 min. or until golden. Remove and cool on wire racks for 10-15 min. Cut each log into 20 slices (app. ½ inch). Carefully stand slices upright on sprayed baking sheet.

4. Reduce oven temperature to 325.

5. Bake biscotti for 20 min. or until almost firm (biscotti will be slightly soft in center but will continue to harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.

Total points: 64 Yield: 40 1.5 points each

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

These sound wonderful! I love Biscotti. I am going to get the stuff to make them tomorrow. I am going to use splenda and egg beaters though. Have you tried them with those ingred? Therese

I was looking for biscotti! Yay! I will be recalculating the points though, because I see the original poster put 2 points for 2 tablespoons of butter. Maybe she meant 2 teaspoons?