Health Discovery Network
ChristineP

Pasta e Fagioli (Core): Tried and True

Guest Avarweth

This is simmering now... smells so heavenly!

I sauteed a bunch of onion and celery before I put the ground beef in - I figure you can never have too many veggies, and sauteed onion especially just makes ground beef taste so much better!

Can't wait to taste it! :bcb_grin

Sounds good, bumping up so it won't get lost.

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

A good recipe. For me, it was a good starting point as it was a little bland for my taste.....extra garlic, 1/2 teasp. mixed Italian herbs, a few pinches of crushed fennel seed, and a glug of red wine (the large quantity of soup made the wine points negligible) made it outstanding. Thanks Christine.

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

Bump for this weekend - I love this stuff!

[B][I][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Jenny[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]height - 5'8"[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]HW - 181[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]CW - [/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=#4b0082]Weekly Exercise Goal - 75/210 miniutes[/COLOR][/FONT][/I] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL] [URL="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wiVQlpy/"] [/URL]

I made this this morning - excellent! The only problem I am going to have is that it made a HUGE amount and I have a very small freezer.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I need to report that I did freeze this. I did not like it after I thawed and cooked it again - it seemed slimy and watery. I threw out the other containers that I froze. Delicious freshly made - but awful after it was frozen.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

I need to report that I did freeze this. I did not like it after I thawed and cooked it again - it seemed slimy and watery. I threw out the other containers that I froze. Delicious freshly made - but awful after it was frozen.

I agree also not freezing this with the pasta , when I defrosted it the pasta was very mushy so it went in the trash,I will make and freeze without the pasta next time .

Bumping up to make tonight!

Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185

GW - 145

CW - 158