Health Discovery Network
Paris Madeleine

Ragú Bolognese

Ragú Bolognese

Mist of oil or cooking spray

1 pound lean ground beef (at least 93% lean)

2-3 tbsp garlic, minced

1 white onion, diced

1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

2 tbsp oregano

2 tbsp basil

½ tsp salt

½ tsp pepper

½ tsp garlic powder

½ tsp onion powder

2 medium zucchini, minced

2 large cans or jars sliced mushrooms, drained

2 (15 oz) cans crushed tomatoes

2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes

1 can tomato paste

3 packets Splenda

Mist a large pot with the oil and begin to brown the meat over high heat. Add the garlic, onion and spices; be careful to sauté but not burn the ingredients. Combine the zucchini and mushrooms with the meat; add in the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Combine carefully and let cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. If sauce needs thinned, add up to ½ cup chicken broth, tomato juice or water; add Splenda in the last minute of cooking.

Yields 12+ (1-cup) servings @ 2 points each or CORE

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

this looks really good. i think i'll make this recipie this week and i'll post how it is. 2 points a cup for sauce w/ meat is awesome! thank you for posting this.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

I made this last night and served it over spagehetti squash and it was wonderful! I did use fresh mushrooms instead of canned or jared and had to let it cook about 20 min. instead of 10 min. This one is definitely a keeper!

Andrea

Weight loss isn't about willpower or motivation; it's just the cumulative effects of tiny actions over time. - DietGirl