Health Discovery Network
goddessRu

Points Confusion

Hello! So I've been doing WW from home and seems I am confused about a few things. Your time and responses are appreciated.

1. I have read countless threads on eating your 35 flex points. I know they are there for us to use and we should not be afriad to use them. But, do you lose weight faster if you do not use your flex points? Sometimes (well, most times) I use them. Sometimes I just dont get around to it.
  2. APs- do they last for the week? Or are they per day? If I excercised today (which I did :) ) and I don't use the APs, will they carry over for the rest of the week until I restart or they were good for today only or what?

Thanks again!

206.5 | 202 | 150

Mini Goal: 5% 196lbs

With the current WW plan, you cannot carry over your AP's - you have to eat 'em the day you earn 'em , or lose 'em. As far as the WPA's go, you should be using them. When you don't, you don't lose weight any faster! Just ask CW! ;)

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Every buddy is different and needs to experiment to find the perfect mix of WPAs and APs to use for optimum losses. I suggest if you're just starting out to use all your points so you don't wreck your metabolism. IMO, If you train your body to lose on more points you'll be able to eat more points when you get to maintenance. Some buddies lose great eating every available point, other buddies need to be more restrictive. I seem to do best when I eat all my APs and about half of my FPs. But I eat TONS of veggies that I always count as 0 points and I also eat a lot of high fiber foods which tend to make my calories per point a little higher than average. I think a lot also depends on what you're eating. My own personal theory, with absolutely no scientific evidence, is that you can eat more points of healthy, nutritious foods and still lose than if you're using all your points for low point junk.

APs must be used the same day they are earned, though some buddies that work out at late night work on a 24 hour rule rather than a calendar day. But they do not add up for the week.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189